Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Do We Do?

What to do Now?   49 votes

1. 1. What to do Now?

• Sign Moore to Long Term Deal Before Season?
    • Sign After Season for Big Bucks and Keep Clausen
    • Sign After Season for Big Bucks and Trade Clausen
    • Franchise Tag him and trade
    • Let Moore walk into Free Agency and Give Clausen the Starting Job

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

35 posts in this topic

Posted

Hurney kind of put us in an unusual position. Since Moore has already signed his Tender. What are we going to do?

I am for signing him before the Season Starts.

Posted

I think he'll keep his tender this season considering it's kind of the deciding factor on how fat his contract will be.

Posted

Yeah, It makes you wonder if we had a crystal ball. And has seen Clausen was going to fall into our laps. We could have given Moore a decent contract and picked Clausen. We would have been set at QB.

Posted

Impossible to know at this point. If he lights it up, we suddenly have the cap space to give him a franchise standard QB contract. No point it getting rid of him if he plays well, as Clausen is still a huge unknown.

If he plays poorly, let him walk.

Averagely, tag him and see if you can trade him.

Zero point in locking him up long term now. Yes we could save a few $$$, but we could also cost ourselves $$. Better to be paying someone who deserves it that one who does not.

1 person likes this

Posted

They will release Moore when this season is over.. Thats not saying thats what I want, but that is what I think will happen...

Posted

I think Moore will probably be offered a moderate/possibly long-term extension after the season is over provided he plays reasonably well. Barring a Super Bowl or Moore seriously growing into an indispensable franchise quarterback, I also see him on the trading block the minute Clausen is deemed ready to go, however many years down the line that may be.

Posted

If Moore leads us to a superbowl he will be kept long term and Clausen would probably get traded in another year.

Posted

I hope we keep Moore, and I think Clausen will be a great bargaining chip for the Panthers when we offer him a contract. We will offer Moore less than he is worth for sure. He will sit on his tender this year, as will most of the other tendered players.

Posted

I don't think "big bucks" is much of an option for the new panthers.

Posted

Certainly no new contract before the season. I don't see him earning a franchise qb contract unless he starts the pro bowl.

If he leads this team to the playoffs, the team will probably make him an offer. At that point, he'll have to decide between staying with the team that gave him the chance, and the one he is already familier with...or take his chances somewhere else.

Posted

Sign him after the season. I'm all for letting the kid play like his career depends on it.

We gave Delhomme a huge Vote-of-confidence contract; how'd that work out for us?

1 person likes this

Posted

one vote for waiting until the season is played before we decide.

(didn't see the most logical choice up there so i figured i would write it in)