#1 Awesomeness!

Awesomeness!

Zulu

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,935 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 13 May 2010 - 11:43 AM

hmmmm. Lets say there are an infinite number of Universes. Or, lets say our Universe is infinite. Or better yet, lets take what we know about our Universe. 100 Billion galaxys, each with Billions of Stars. So, lets for this threads purpose each galaxy only had one star. Thats 100 billion stars. Now, lets say about half are Sun sized stars (Other sized stars can support life, but for this threads sake just follow along) So that leaves us with 50 billion sun like stars. Now lets say half of those have planets, (25 Billion) and half of those have planets that are in the 'not to hot, not to cold zone' So about 13.5 Billion planets in this Unverse can support life. But of course, we need comets for water, and oxygen, so lets say 1/4 of these planets hold water, and oxygen (again there may be life forms that do not need oxygen or water at all) and that leave us 520,000 planets that are capable of producing life. There is no need in trying to prove rather or not evoulution is real, or if it works, because it happens almost everyday. If you're still stuck on evolution, then god help you. So, In our Mini Universe, over 500,000 planets harbor life. Now, if you expand that, on a grater scale, over billions of Universes, then you should get the point. Where does God come into play here? Where? We know how planets form, we know how Stars form, we know how comets form oceans, and nowhere does an invisble man in the sky come into play.

2 cents.

#2 Khyber53

Khyber53

I'm a believer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 11:44 AM

How many bong hits before you came up with that?

#3 Awesomeness!

Awesomeness!

Zulu

• HUDDLER
  • 4,935 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 13 May 2010 - 11:45 AM

How many bong hits before you came up with that?

code words for "I didn't read it"

#4 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 11:49 AM

Posted Image

#5 Awesomeness!

Awesomeness!

Zulu

• HUDDLER
  • 4,935 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 13 May 2010 - 11:51 AM

Posted Image

code words for "Umm I really didn't Understand it so I'll just insult you by posting a gif where you fat white dude thinks he is smarter than he really is, but in reality he is but I don't care"

#6 Captroop

Captroop

Pronounced, "Cat Poop"

• HUDDLER
  • 4,551 posts
  • LocationNot Telling... CatofWar might find me.

Posted 13 May 2010 - 11:52 AM

"God" or "gods" is/are man's explaination of what it does not presently understand. Man inherintly uncomfortable with things it cannot know, and so we personified these unknowns and attribute their existence to a higher being in order to bridge a gap between what we know and what we cannot fathom. Look at the roles of gods from the Egyptians (nothing was known, so everything from sunrise to sunset had a god), to the Greeks (more known about the earth, but not the cosmos, so the heavens, elements and large cosmic events were gods), to the Christians (We know about the universe and the Earth, but not where they came from, so God created man and the Earth); the role of a god role has shrunk as science has advanced through the ages and we understand more and more of the universe around us. And as we learn more still of the world and universe around us, God will become more and more human, until God and humankind are one.

#7 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 11:56 AM

code words for "Umm I really didn't Understand it so I'll just insult you by posting a gif where you fat white dude thinks he is smarter than he really is, but in reality he is but I don't care"

thanks for clearing things up.

also, that isn't a gif.

Edited by mmmbeans, 13 May 2010 - 11:59 AM.

#8 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

• Banned
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 11:57 AM

We are the resulting race of the crossbreeding of alien DNA and Neanderthals...

Ancient Aliens is my new favorite show...

#9 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

• Banned
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 11:59 AM

http://en.wikipedia....ient_astronauts

#10 Claws

Claws

• HUDDLER
  • 4,100 posts

I think you guys are nuts concerning religion and i could pose just as many questions you couldn't answer either.

And Awesomness I'm kinda surprised you'd bring up such an idiotic topic. I might be one of the few, but I enjoy your posts. This one has nothing to do about nothing.

2 cents

#11 Awesomeness!

Awesomeness!

Zulu

• HUDDLER
  • 4,935 posts
  • LocationArizona

We are the resulting race of the crossbreeding of alien DNA and Neanderthals...

Ancient Aliens is my new favorite show...

I actually would not be surprised at all if in fact aliens came to Earth to settle and we're teh offspring. We're going to do it to Mars in 50 years..so why couldn't it had been done before?

#12 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

• Banned
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:00 PM

Posted Image

Painted in 1710

#13 Claws

Claws

• HUDDLER
  • 4,100 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:02 PM

I actually would not be surprised at all if in fact aliens came to Earth to settle and we're teh offspring. We're going to do it to Mars in 50 years..so why couldn't it had been done before?

Yeah for sure. Cause that's sensible....

#14 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:02 PM

Going to mars and going to the next solar system with a planet capable of sustaining life is like the difference between nailing Rosie Odonell for a minute and nailing ten thousand of the hottest women possible over the course of 10 years.

#15 RazzleDazzle

RazzleDazzle

TROLL

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:05 PM

I think you guys are nuts concerning religion and i could pose just as many questions you couldn't answer either.

And Awesomness I'm kinda surprised you'd bring up such an idiotic topic. I might be one of the few, but I enjoy your posts. This one has nothing to do about nothing.

2 cents

Ask away...I'm sure there is an explanation that doesn't involve a deity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.