98 replies to this topic

#31 Khyber53

Khyber53

I'm a believer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:31 PM

Actually, I did struggle through and read that massive vowel movement you posted. And I mean, it was torturous.

You throw out large numbers that have no bearing on any astronomical calculations, make some sweeping generalizations that aren't even correct, wipe out the existence of God and then smugly proclaim that you are more intelligent than someone who could believe in God.

So, let's really look at what you've done.

You've posted one jumbled together mess of run-on sentences that reads like a philosophical turd that had been clogging you up for a while. Try some paragraphs, or at least some punctuation.

Now, beyond your lack of skills in English, you have postulated on the almighty cosmos, reigning it in to fit in a set of manageable numbers. Those manageable numbers have no basis on any reality I have heard of.

Where do you hear that there are 100 billion galaxies? Kind of an arbitrary guess isn't it? Scientists haven't counted all of the galaxies and will never be able to due to the massive distances involved. Trust me, we have only observed a very, very small fraction of the universe.

Then you ask us to postulate that each of those galaxies has only one star. Okay, they don't, but I'll play along. You postulate that half of those stars will be the size of good ol' Sol. Sorry, you're not going to find that sort of ratio. While Sol isn't a peewee by any means, it's certainly not among the most common sizes of stars. Size matches for ours might be about one tenth of what you are postulating, perhaps even rarer.

Let's work with your numbers, though, okay? Now you imagine that half of those stars will have planets in the Goldie Locks zone as it is called -- not too hot, not too cold. In our solar system we have two, but Mars is just barely within it. So now you've dropped us to 13.5 billion planets in the Universe that could potentially house life. Your math doesn't come close to working here, at all, so this is number has been pulled out of thin air.

You next say that only a quarter of those planets would likely have been struck by comets, thereby creating water and oxygen. Thereby bringing the number down to another rectally-plucked figure of 520,000. One fourth of 13.5 billion is not 520,000. Math aside, you do realize that water and oxygen are naturally occurring right? Comets aren't needed in the least for a planet to have water and oxygen. As a matter of fact, comet strikes couldn't add enough water to a planetary sized object to create oceans like we have without pretty much obliterating that planetary object. (See asteroid belt for reference.)

Now, after all of this pseudo-mathematical mumbo jumbo you place your hands on your hips and say, "There is no need in trying to prove rather or not evoulution is real, or if it works, because it happens almost everyday. If you're still stuck on evolution, then god help you." This isn't even a leap of logic but more like a non sequitur burped out after you've drank the bong water. No mention of the intricacies of creating life or the incredible dance that has to be started just to create the chains of chemicals that make up amino acids or the unfathomable knitting of said amino chains to create even the most basic building blocks of life? From planetary formation to dinosaurs, boom!

You then go on to ask where does God come into play here? That we know how planets form, that we know how stars form, that we know how comets form oceans, but that there's no invisible man in the sky involved. Guess what chippy?

We really don't know how planets form. Sure, we have some of the basics down, but it is just theoretical since we have never observed one in the making. Planetary formation is incredibly complex we can guess, though, and is dependent on many, many factors lining up just so. Ask a geologist how simple it is to create a planet.

We do understand the basic principals behind star formation, but just the very basics -- that lack of knowledge is why astronomers and astrophysicists are so thrilled when we spot areas of our own galaxy where stars may be forming. Our understanding of this science is still very, very much in its infancy.

We don't know that comets create oceans, and scientific thought is leading us away from this idea of ocean creation purely because it is so bleeding unlikely to be a reliable spawning hypothesis.

But let's cast all of that aside, as you apparently did. And answer me this one question: How did all of this come into being? And you'd better have something better than the pat answer of "Because that's the way it worked out."

#32 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 47,230 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:34 PM

Ok... I'll play this game. You have to answer my questions or we can't play.

Please tell me... exactly how do planets form?

It contains STARCH, a polymeric form of glucose, forming long molecular chains and PROTEINS, (10-12%, formed by GLUTEN) and SALT (0.5-1.0%).
It can be prepared only with the flour of SOFT WHEAT and RYE (and some iron), because only those cereals contain the gluten, a protein that allows and stabilizes the typical swelling of planet.

The initial phase is a prolonged kneading of a mix of FLOUR and the 50% of its weight of TEPID WATER in which it has been dissolved the SALT and the BREWER'S YEAST, in an amount of about 1% of the flour weight.
This yeast is made of colonies of a fungus, the SACCHAROMYCES CEREVISIAE, prepared on residuals of beer industry.

The yeast, at a temperature of about 300-350C, finds its favourable environment to reproduce itself and decomposes the starch, by means of an enzyme, the ZIMASIS, in molecules of ETHANOL (CH3-CH2-OH) and CARBON BIOXIDE (CO2):

-(C6H12O6)n- -> 2n CH3-CH2-OH + 2n CO2

The alcohol and the CO2 diffuse in the mass of the planet forming many little bubbles and causing its swelling during the RISING phase, lasting some eons, at a controlled temperature (300-350C), in a place protected by air currents.
The rising time is directly proportional to the planet size.

Then, the planet is slightly compressed,' it's given the desired form and it's put into the oven at 2,000,000-3,000,000 C, for a time of 20-45 million years., according to the dimension of the pieces.

In the oven, the ethanol and the CO2 evaporate, leaving the mass very spongy .
Inside the mass, where the temperature remains relatively low
(about 100,000 C), the protein component (the gluten) coagulates and forms a protein skeleton or tridimensional network containing many starch granules, partially decomposed in starch-water and soluble amylo-dextrin.
This swollen mass becomes stable and forms the CRUMB, soft and elastic, holding in much water.

In the exterior of the cooking planet, exposed to the highest temperature, water evaporates nearly totally, the starch decomposes into smaller molecules of maltose (C12H22011) and dextrin and it forms a partially caramelized sugar, with its typical blond or brown colour and its fragile consistence. This is the CRUST of planet.

The water retained by the crumb after the cooking is a measure of the YIELD of the planet; from 100 Kg of flour, 12,500,000,000-13,500,000,000 Kg of planets are normally obtained and the yield is the exceeding weight respect to the used flour.

Edited by Jangler, 13 May 2010 - 12:39 PM.

#33 RazzleDazzle

RazzleDazzle

TROLL

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:35 PM

Can you comprehend?

Read it again.....slower.

I wrote: ask away...I'm sure there is an explanation that doesn't involve a deity.

Your answer to me was there was a bigger point to your post. The point of my post was for you to go ahead and ask those questions which obviously don't exist, it's easy to come up with a rational explanation of something without saying the answer is: God did it.

#34 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,669 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:35 PM

Actually, I did struggle through and read that massive vowel movement you posted.

:rofl:

#35 RazzleDazzle

RazzleDazzle

TROLL

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:37 PM

fuging Magnets... How do they work?

Fixed

#36 Claws

Claws

• HUDDLER
  • 4,100 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:41 PM

I wrote: ask away...I'm sure there is an explanation that doesn't involve a deity.

Your answer to me was there was a bigger point to your post. The point of my post was for you to go ahead and ask those questions which obviously don't exist, it's easy to come up with a rational explanation of something without saying the answer is: God did it.

Well we're starting to get somewhere. My bigger point was that it's a useless thread.

#37 RazzleDazzle

RazzleDazzle

TROLL

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:43 PM

Well we're starting to get somewhere. My bigger point was that it's a useless thread.

Alright, well that I agree with. Sorry for my slowness. When did the Huddle get so religious and non religious?

#38 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 47,230 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:44 PM

My bigger point was that it's a useless thread.

Not really, you now know the chemistry of how a planet is baked.

:biggrinjester:

#39 Claws

Claws

• HUDDLER
  • 4,100 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:51 PM

Alright, well that I agree with. Sorry for my slowness. When did the Huddle get so religious and non religious?

Just after the mid term elections i believe.....:D

#40 Claws

Claws

• HUDDLER
  • 4,100 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:51 PM

Not really, you now know the chemistry of how a planet is baked.

:biggrinjester:

:biggrin:

#41 RazzleDazzle

RazzleDazzle

TROLL

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:52 PM

Just after the mid term elections i believe.....:D

I knew politics were to blame.

#42 Claws

Claws

• HUDDLER
  • 4,100 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 01:01 PM

Lol

#43 Speed

Speed

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 01:04 PM

Awsome. We have a Nietzsche right here in river city. Praise what ever the hell you wish that we are free to worship what we choose. Great country! Here is one for ya Nietzsche.

#44 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,886 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 13 May 2010 - 01:08 PM

arrogance and intellectual laziness make for quite the potent double threat.

#45 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

• Banned
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 01:10 PM

I'm socially impotent, so I know you ain't talking to me...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com