22 replies to this topic

#16 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 06:52 PM

i don't think he's an idiot, do you?

I think Bush was one track minded in his presidency. He saw national security as his priority and everything else was secondary. Heck, most things after that may not have mattered much at all to him. I do believe he saw Iraq and Saddam as a rogue antagonist that COULD at some point pose great danger to the ME and possibly us. Saddam was a complete pain in the ass. Iran will have to be dealt with as well. It will be interesting to watch that playout under Obama.

#17 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,630 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 07:07 PM

Cutting taxes is good, but spending cuts should accompany...See, Bush went lib on us and expanded government and spent money like mad to boot.

And the thought that BUSH ignored it as though he were the PARAGON of knowledge (when according to every lib he can't walk and breathe at the same time) as if he knew it a possiblility? Hell, it shocked eveybody! Oome on libs, can't have it both ways.

IMO, spending cuts should come before tax cuts. Get the budget closer to being balanced, then cut taxes.

#18 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,092 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 11:24 PM

Thought this would be appropriate here:

http://www.vanityfai...1?currentPage=1

#19 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,547 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 11:28 PM

How tunes change around here..

Something tells me in a few years we'll see Htar posting, "Everyone KNEW we were messing up the environment but the libs..."

#20 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 12:43 AM

I think Bush was one track minded in his presidency. He saw national security as his priority and everything else was secondary. Heck, most things after that may not have mattered much at all to him. I do believe he saw Iraq and Saddam as a rogue antagonist that COULD at some point pose great danger to the ME and possibly us. Saddam was a complete pain in the ass. Iran will have to be dealt with as well. It will be interesting to watch that playout under Obama.

sounds pretty negligent.

#21 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,092 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 07:18 AM

Edited by cookinwithgas, 14 January 2009 - 07:24 AM.

#22 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 47,184 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 07:28 AM

Posted Image

#23 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER