Photo
- - - - -

today on sportscenter

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

#1 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,383 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:00 AM

they did a top 10 divisional round moments, and the panthers were number 8. given the round i think many of you could figure out which play they picked. Double OT. vs the rams. yeah. Jake to Steve on the X-clown for the touchdown. its one of those plays i could watch over and over.

#2 joemac

joemac

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,236 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:01 AM

Ill never forget that play.

#3 GentlemanJack

GentlemanJack

• ALL-PRO
  • 175 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:02 AM

I might just be a Panther homer but I would have guessed that would have been closer to the top. I have not seen the segment however.

#4 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • 13,383 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:03 AM

I might just be a Panther homer but I would have guessed that would have been closer to the top. I have not seen the segment however.

there's a lot of older plays closer to the top.

#5 CM86

CM86

aka Benjamin Linus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:07 AM

favorite panther moment ever.

#6 STIFFPAWED

STIFFPAWED

Streakin The Quad

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:11 AM

Just saw that! That play made me lose at least a half a beer on my couch! Definately one of the greatest plays in Panther history!

#7 joemac

joemac

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,236 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:17 AM

Just saw that! That play made me lose at least a half a beer on my couch! Definately one of the greatest plays in Panther history!

Nice....drinking in the A.M. Who ever said that beer isnt a breakfast beverage?

#8 STIFFPAWED

STIFFPAWED

Streakin The Quad

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:23 AM

Well what I meant was when it actually happened! It's a little early for that, even for me!

#9 rubberpantz

rubberpantz

Trevor, let's go, smokes!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:26 AM

Nice....drinking in the A.M. Who ever said that beer isnt a breakfast beverage?

haha, i think he meant back when he watched it live.

i bloodied my knuckles jumping up off the sofa and hitting them on the low, popcorn-paint ceiling in my mom's basement. i dont think i realized it for a few minutes due to all the excitement.

#10 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • 13,383 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:38 AM

i was living on UNCC campus at the time. i ran outside and was not alone. the celebration could be heard from all around.

#11 George Shinnsplints

George Shinnsplints

Franchise Destroyer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:53 AM

Did not see the segment either, but it is a travesty to hear that play wasn't top 5. Further evidence of the Anti-Panthers bias in the MSM.

Since we're sharing our "where were you stories" about that game, I guess I'll share mine. I was driving down to my uncle's house just outside of Washington DC that night (staying there for the night, on the way driving down to NC from Rhode Island). But these were the pre-GPS days, and I got extremely lost near his house. So I had to listen to all of regulation and the first three or four minutes of overtime in the car -- you can't imagine how agonizing it was being lost AND hearing the Panthers blow that 11-point lead.

But all's well that end's well -- found the place in time to catch most of the first overtime, and Smitty's game-winner. Good times.

#12 SmittyFan

SmittyFan

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:52 PM

That was the last game he played on his birthday. Tomorrow is the next time he'll play on his birthday...

#13 Ncstatefan

Ncstatefan

GO PACK!!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:58 PM

I'll take being on that list at all

#14 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,797 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:59 PM

Yeah that play is definitely one of those, "where were you when..." moments as a Panthers fan. I remember it pretty well. I had to work and I was working on an assembly line for Ford. I had a small color TV set up at my workstation for the game. It's hard to work and do the job at the same time so I'd miss some plays here and there, but during the overtimes I had our upgrader (who is kind of like a utility worker who knows all the jobs in our section) cover my job while I watched the overtime. When Smitty caught that ball, I was yelling so loud that the supervisor thought someone had gotten mangled in the line or something.

#15 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

• HUDDLER
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 01:01 PM

I lost my voice for 3 days. Had to take 3 days off of work because I worked at a call center. Well worth it.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com