Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Matt Foley

Iron Man is a ripoff of Batman

103 posts in this topic

Wealthy playboy superhero, yes. Other than that, the differences stop there. Being that Wayne has beaten Superman, I would think that he could find a way to defeat Stark as well.

I have had to argue with many a people about how Batman beat the holy hell outta Superman.

ANYways, Batman and Spiderman are more alike. They are both considered the perfect example of an "anti-hero". Haunted pasts from murdered family members, vigilantes, secret identities, and conflicts with moral roots make their stories closer than comparing Bruce Wayne to Tony Stark. GRANTED Peter Parker and Bruce Wayne when not in costume are almost opposites.

Not just wealthy. Both Stark and Wayne are wealthy beyond reality. They're both geniuses, but geniuses don't usually make money, so they both got their money from their parents. It's almost like Marvel saw Batman and said "hmm, let's tweak this and tweak that, but the man whose only superpower is his unlimited checkbook is too good not to do."

stark didn't get his money from his parents. he built his fortune with inventions. bruce wayne doesn't invent, he has people do it for him.

bruce wayne is a dark, brooding detective. tony stark is a politically minded futurist. tony stark is a leader, bruce wayne is a loner.

they're actually polar opposites beyond being rich.

1 person likes this

stan lee is a big leftie, and he wanted to create a character in the height of hippietimes who was a real corporate cold war player type. i don't think batman probably crossed his mind.

stark didn't get his money from his parents. he built his fortune with inventions. bruce wayne doesn't invent, he has people do it for him.

According to Iron Man 2, his dad built the empire. And Batman invents all kinds of crap, are you kidding me?

bruce wayne is a dark, brooding detective. tony stark is a politically minded futurist. tony stark is a leader, bruce wayne is a loner.

they're actually polar opposites beyond being rich.

I'm sure Stan Lee was well aware of Batman when he created Iron Man.

Depends on what versions of both characters you are referring to, pre-Crisis, post-Crisis, in between Crises...

Excuse my nerdiness.

According to Iron Man 2, his dad built the empire.

his dad had the company and did well, but tony turned it into a 20 billion dollar corporation. he may have been born into wealth, but he turned it into absurd wealth through his ingenuity.

And Batman invents all kinds of crap, are you kidding me?

no he doesn't, he uses his company to develop his tech. he's the 'world's greatest detective,' not an inventor.

I'm sure Stan Lee was well aware of Batman when he created Iron Man.

certainly he was. but stark was created as a corporate howard hughes inventor type. bruce wayne is a tortured and dark character. he acts like the playboy to keep people off his batman trail. stark acts like a playboy because he's a horny drunk.

batman's entire motivation is his parents' death. that's why he became batman. iron man has no such motivation, he became iron man out of necessity and continued so he could make money fighting commies.

1 person likes this

Robert Downey Jr doesnt have anything on Christian Bale.

get your head out of the glue bag right this second.

his dad had the company and did well, but tony turned it into a 20 billion dollar corporation. he may have been born into wealth, but he turned it into absurd wealth through his ingenuity.

no he doesn't, he uses his company to develop his tech. he's the 'world's greatest detective,' not an inventor.

certainly he was. but stark was created as a corporate howard hughes inventor type. bruce wayne is a tortured and dark character. he acts like the playboy to keep people off his batman trail. stark acts like a playboy because he's a horny drunk.

batman's entire motivation is his parents' death. that's why he became batman. iron man has no such motivation, he became iron man out of necessity and continued so he could make money fighting commies.

Well done and rep sir.

How is this thread not in Nerdvana again?

I have had to argue with many a people about how Batman beat the holy hell outta Superman.

ANYways, Batman and Spiderman are more alike. They are both considered the perfect example of an "anti-hero". Haunted pasts from murdered family members, vigilantes, secret identities, and conflicts with moral roots make their stories closer than comparing Bruce Wayne to Tony Stark. GRANTED Peter Parker and Bruce Wayne when not in costume are almost opposites.

Huh?

by the way Batman was a rip-off of The Shadow anyways.