• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 02:08 PM

short of embarrasing myself...let me ask you this...and ya, I am fully expecting some smart ass comments...

any of you ever deal with low testosterone levels? I've not been tested yet, but I certainly am showing many of the symptoms. At 42, am I too young for this poo?

#17 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,279 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 02:23 PM

short of embarrasing myself...let me ask you this...and ya, I am fully expecting some smart ass comments...

any of you ever deal with low testosterone levels? I've not been tested yet, but I certainly am showing many of the symptoms. At 42, am I too young for this poo?

I actually had mine tested when I was dealing with sleep issues/fatigue and I remember the doctor saying that it would be odd if there was an issue (there wasn't) and that it is usually something that gradually starts declining in your 40's and I wasn't really old enough. Guess you are old enough but still too young that it should be an issue. Pretty sure it was just tested when he took normal blood tests during a physical.

#18 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 02:33 PM

sleep issues and fatigue....along with unexplained abdominal weight gain, depression and mood swings...sorry guys, the rest still works just fine!

I was out last night mending some backyard fence and within 30 minutes of light work, I was totally exhausted. This is just a snapshot of a typical day lately

#19 The Faceless

The Faceless

Seeker of Power

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 02:43 PM

Don't know if this is what you'd be looking for, but I have a good homemade mass gainer that might save you some money. Throw some milk, couple spoonfuls of natural peanut butter, some oats, couple scoops of whey and a banana in a blender.

Of course, you could always go crazy and throw like some ice cream or whatever you feel like. My recipe has the protein, fats and carbs covered.

#20 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,279 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 02:52 PM

sleep issues and fatigue....along with unexplained abdominal weight gain, depression and mood swings...sorry guys, the rest still works just fine!

I was out last night mending some backyard fence and within 30 minutes of light work, I was totally exhausted. This is just a snapshot of a typical day lately

Just go get a basic physical and I am pretty sure the blood test would cover the testosterone and almost everything else. One other thing that was mentioned was a thyroid condition which I believe might have the some of the same symptoms you mentioned.

Might be that you are perfectly normal and just old, grumpy, out of shape. :D

#21 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,279 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 02:56 PM

Don't know if this is what you'd be looking for, but I have a good homemade mass gainer that might save you some money. Throw some milk, couple spoonfuls of natural peanut butter, some oats, couple scoops of whey and a banana in a blender.

Of course, you could always go crazy and throw like some ice cream or whatever you feel like. My recipe has the protein, fats and carbs covered.

That is probably the best idea right there....sounds like a great mix. Might want to add some sugar free (or reduced sugar) Hersey's chocolate milk syrup to that as well. I have read that something in it really activates all that stuff.

#22 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

the odds are there!!!

I just had a full physical right after Christmas and everything was ok...bp was a little high. But I doubt that they did the testosterone check to be honest. I know I need to make some changes too...and ya...I've been very lazy...which certainly doesn't help!

#23 TheSaint

TheSaint

Lengthy Member

• HUDDLER
  • 3,071 posts

At 42, am I too young for this poo?

Nope. not necessarily.

#24 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,944 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 02:57 PM

Got you some bitch tits, hawk?

#25 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,279 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 02:59 PM

the odds are there!!!

I just had a full physical right after Christmas and everything was ok...bp was a little high. But I doubt that they did the testosterone check to be honest. I know I need to make some changes too...and ya...I've been very lazy...which certainly doesn't help!

Might be the old, which came first the chicken or the egg thing...

Do you have those symptoms because you are less active and getting out of shape?

Or

Are you getting out of shape/less active because you have those sympyoms?

If your physical came back normal, then more than likely it is "B".

#26 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 03:10 PM

Got you some bitch tits, hawk?

down boy...not yet!!!

Might be the old, which came first the chicken or the egg thing...

Do you have those symptoms because you are less active and getting out of shape?

Or

Are you getting out of shape/less active because you have those sympyoms?

If your physical came back normal, then more than likely it is "B".

I hear ya...I've yo yo'ed before and I know what comes with it. This time around, it just doesn't seem to want to bounce back! I'm too stubborn to not keep trying though!

#27 Saint J

Saint J

Banned

• Banned
  • 4,192 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 03:25 PM

thanks everyone who gave answers

fug the retards who tried preaching to me.

#28 Saint J

Saint J

Banned

• Banned
  • 4,192 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 03:26 PM

I'm more with Pstall on this one. Fug mass. Guys that look like Jersey Shore ****** with the fake ass muscles, 9 times out of 10 I could kick their asses. It just shows they're compensating for lack of fighting skill by trying to look physically larger, or compensating from lack of mass below the belt.

mass gainers=/=hgh

#29 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,898 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 18 May 2010 - 04:44 PM

thanks everyone who gave answers

fug the retards who tried preaching to me.

Not preaching. Just trying to save you some time. You do what ya want.

#30 theedaddy

theedaddy

living in the present

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 10:19 PM

i've kept a close eye on the supplement world for the last 5 years. no clue what that means, but there are tons of useless HIGH priced junk thats marketed well. we all are individuals and have different goals.

before id waste money on that stuff, i would go with whey protein. its about $28 for 78 servings at your local sams/costo.

i will state this and stand behind it, i believe all people should take these:

1. fish oil
2. whey protein
3. vitamin D-3
4. creatine
5. melatonin

(consult your doc first) are cheap and unlike a LARGE part of supplemention, they work.

take those 5 and add in some nootropics, amino acids, and nervous system = me.

recently all the docs and all-world trainers have made great progress in regards to nervous system. they are learning its role is much larger than once believed.

first try extra whey, then try eating more(healthy food), then come back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com