Photo
- - - - -

Boldin practices today

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#1 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

Sell it, Jerry

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,451 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 02:41 PM

Cards’ Boldin back at practice, questionable to play
Posted: News | NFL.com Staff | Tags: Anquan Boldin, Arizona Cardinals, Carolina Panthers, Injury report

Better news for the Cardinals: WR Anquan Boldin returned to practice Friday and is listed as questionable to play in Saturday’s NFC Divisional Playoff Game against the Panthers.

Boldin, who left last week’s wild-card victory over the Falcons in the second quarter because of a hamstring injury, missed practice Wednesday and Thursday before coming back to participate in some of Friday’s session. He said Thursday that he wouldn’t seriously test the hamstring until just before kickoff.

“We’re just trying to be smart about the entire situation and just see how it feels on Saturday,” Boldin said, according to the Associated Press.

If Boldin does play, it would be a huge boost for the Cardinals. Boldin injured the hamstring while making a 71-yard touchdown catch, and he had 12 TD receptions in 11 regular-season games.

DE Travis LaBoy (ankle) and TE Ben Patrick (knee) also are questionable for the Cardinals. and TE Leonard Pope (knee) is probable.

The Panthers listed G Geoff Hangartner (ankle) as questionable. DTs Maake Kemoeatu (ankle) and Damione Lewis (shoulder) and OT Jeff Otah (toe), all three of whom fully practiced Friday, are probable

He'll play. Let's put Lucas on him.

#2 cardsfanmd

cardsfanmd

Resident Cardinal Fan

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 02:48 PM

I am a diehard Cardinal fan and for the life of me I cannot comprehend why you guys are worrying about him anyhow. Fox gave him ZERO respect last game and had a LB on him half the time. If Q could play he would have played last week. This is the toughest SOB in the game we are talking about. The last time you guys saw him he had just had 7 titanium plates and 40 screws put in his face two weeks prior. The man refused and and all pain meds as well. Last season he fractured his hip and partially tore his hip flexor at Baltimore in week 3 and still finished the season.

That hammy is more than just tweaked. Personally, I hope they sit him and you guys have to deal with Early Doucet at full speed.

Edited by cardsfanmd, 09 January 2009 - 03:26 PM.

#3 OneBadassCat

OneBadassCat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 02:48 PM

Sweep the leg.

#4 cardskickpantherazz

cardskickpantherazz

Panther Ass Kicker

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 02:49 PM

It couldn't have been much of a practice. The team was at the airport by 9:00 AM

#5 Towelboy

Towelboy

day late & a dollar short

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 02:49 PM

who really doubted him? he's a player. he'd play with a broken leg if they'd let him.

#6 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,475 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 02:50 PM

Sweep the leg.

Wax on......Wax off

#7 JakeFlake

JakeFlake

The King of Kings

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 02:51 PM

I am a diehard Cardinal fan and for the life of me I cannot comprehend why you guys are worrying about him anyhow. Fox gave him ZERO respect last game and had a LB on him half the time. If Q could play he would have played last week. This is the toughest SOB in the game we are talking about. The last time you guys saw him he had just had 7 titanium plates and 40 screws put in his face two weeks prior. The man refused and and all pain meds as well. Last week he fracture his hip and partially tore his hip flexor in week 3 and still finished the season.
That hammy is more than just tweaked. Personally, I hope they sit him and you guys have to deal with Early Doucet at full speed.

Fox said earlier this week that in the last meeting they prepared all week for TE sets and didn't know that they were going to have to deal with 3+ wideout sets until an hour and a half before the game when the inactive lists were exchanged and your two starting TEs were on it. That is why there were LBs on Boldin.

The guy is going to play, now how effective he is going to be is another story, especially with the weather they are calling for.

#8 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,714 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 03:04 PM

Friday practices = run throughs.

#9 Panther Phan

Panther Phan

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 03:05 PM

I'm pretty sure neither team practiced today. Fox said it would be an adjusted week for the Saturday game instead of Sunday. Hence the reason they practiced Tues-Thurs instead of weds-fri. I know this is the Cardinals we're talking about but I would assume they're under the same schedule.

"He ended up playing on Sunday and really had an impact on that game," Whisenhunt said.

It's possible the Cardinals could use Boldin in a situational role, the coach said.

Boldin has done strengthening exercises and agility drills this week, but he won't try to run until Saturday."

#10 The Link

The Link

Satire Enthusiast

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,022 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 03:07 PM

He'll play. Let's put Lucas on him.

So Lucas can get torched on every play?

#11 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,252 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 03:18 PM

Boldin will dress. He will be on the field to create favorable match ups in their 4 and 5 wide sets but they will not plan on getting production out of him.

can you say decoy?

#12 PanthaSan

PanthaSan

Sith Bewbie Padawan....

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,860 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 03:21 PM

Boldin will dress. He will be on the field to create favorable match ups in their 4 and 5 wide sets but they will not plan on getting production out of him.

can you say decoy?

:iagree:

#13 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,110 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 03:23 PM

I am a diehard Cardinal fan and for the life of me I cannot comprehend why you guys are worrying about him anyhow. Fox gave him ZERO respect last game and had a LB on him half the time. If Q could play he would have played last week. This is the toughest SOB in the game we are talking about. The last time you guys saw him he had just had 7 titanium plates and 40 screws put in his face two weeks prior. The man refused and and all pain meds as well. Last week he fracture his hip and partially tore his hip flexor in week 3 and still finished the season.

Anquan Boldin once made sweet love to my wife and let me watch. He was amazing. It was magical.

Of course, his hamstring was healthy at the time...

#14 cardsfanmd

cardsfanmd

Resident Cardinal Fan

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 03:23 PM

can you say decoy?

:iagree:

Sadly, I agree. This irritates me. I want 53 guys who can actually play the whole game out there. I do think you will see us hand off to Boldin who will then throw a bomb TD to Breaston though.

#15 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

Sell it, Jerry

• HUDDLER
  • 9,451 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 03:24 PM

So Lucas can get torched on every play?

No, Boldin will be limited. Thus maybe Lucas can cover him. ;)

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com