Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I don't see why we can't make the playoffs this year.

60 posts in this topic

Posted

if we don't make the playoffs it's because of our d-line

Or injuries, or anything. Put down the doom and gloom crystal ball, as nobody knows how this next season will end up playing out.

Posted

Ever been at the end of your chips and gone all in on a hand you like but know is statistically not exactly rock solid?

That's this season to me.

Posted

Ever been at the end of your chips and gone all in on a hand you like but know is statistically not exactly rock solid?

That's this season to me.

Yeah, crap we're sitting at the table with some good cards but no one figures we're a threat when you're looking across the table at the Media's darling. The New Orleans Kid.

Fug 'em, show me your cards bitch.

Posted

Or injuries, or anything. Put down the doom and gloom crystal ball, as nobody knows how this next season will end up playing out.

i'm not doom and gloom at all. i'm very optimistic about this year. i'm just saying, it looks like our d-line is our weakness right now

Posted

YEah D-Line.

2nd and third WRS

Secondary

Moore is a WC

This could be a playoff team but that is it. Looking great in 2 years

6-10

Posted

This is the first year I've felt better about our offense going into a season. I just don't see how we're going to stop the run when our starting DT's are Tank Tyler and Louis Leonard.

Are you basing this on something you've seen that makes you think they will not be able to stop the run, or is it simply that you don't know enough about them to be comfortable? After all, that's the crux of the issue.

Posted

I liked Harris as a starter, I liked him as a leader and respect all the things he did while he was here. He was a pass coverage liability, last year especially, surely you can see that.

I'm tired of doing the research for factless people. Go look at the stats for Harris, Martin, and Godfrey, and then correct your previous statement.

Posted

I'm tired of doing the research for factless people. Go look at the stats for Harris, Martin, and Godfrey, and then correct your previous statement.

You're an angry man, aren't you?

Posted

I don't agree with that. Moore was third on the depth chart, and our second QB got injured. And Jake had a strong history with the club--he didn't lose the locker room at all.

I don't think this is true, I think he did lose the locker room. There were some very tense interviews and "I'm not saying it, if you know what I'm sayin'" quotes, from Steve Smith no less, about Jake last year. I think everyone knew that Jake was done, but Fox was too big of a puss to start Moore. And frankly, that cost us the season. There's even good reason to doubt if Jake actually was hurt, or if Fox pulled that BS to cover his ass in case Moore didn't play well.

Using that logic, I guess we cut/trade Steve Smith so Lafell can start?

Your analogy only works if Smith had dropped 14 straight passes, yet everyone was still pushing to get him the ball. Smith is still performing at an elite level, so it doesn't make sense to start a young player in his place. Jake was playing at a craptastic level last year. It would have made sense to put a quadriplegic monkey in to replace him.

Posted

i'm not doom and gloom at all. i'm very optimistic about this year. i'm just saying, it looks like our d-line is our weakness right now

Unproven as a unit doesn't make a weakness.

I'd like to ask anyone when the last time we've had a solid line. We haven't in years.

Last season we were in worst shape. Now we have a bunch of young talent to finially rebuild the dline. While there is cause for concern...I also think there is cause for cautious optimism. We don't even know who all the starting 4 will be...let alone how they will play together. Thankfully we have a good back 7. I'm looking forward to having a young defensive line again.

Posted

No one is saying Richardson is controlling the team, but he is making some of these decisions that I don't think Fox really wanted. Fox would have not cut all these players, (but more importantly spend absolutely nothing in agency or on the year alone). Maybe Delhomme, but what coach that needs instant success all of a sudden wants to replace vets with rookies?

If you think the FO isn't waiting to see what Fox does with these young guys your pretty lost because they will be watching everything for the sake of his contract.

I think Fox will do great this year with the young guys and I think we will have a winning season. But I am a panthers fan and you guys needs to be realistic and try to look at the club from an outsider's perspective. If these things happened to say the Saints you guys would be all over it saying all kinds of doom and gloom poo.

If it were up to Fox I don't agree he would want half the salary spent that last year's, nothing spent in FA regardless of good/reasonable players (Boldin) and drafted all but some defensive help (except norwood) through the draft. Fox will never tell anyone what he really thinks or feels, and he isn't the kind of coach to bitch or make excuses unless it is what it is is an excuse. He will always work with what he has got. Everything posted here is speculation and opinions unless someone here is sleeping next to Fox at night and he discusses these things personally with you which I really doubt.

Posted

What free agents should we have signed?