34 replies to this topic

#1 AZPanther

AZPanther

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 06:00 PM

About Peps and Jordan Gross. From nationalfootballpost.com

Mike Lombardi is a very well respected football insider.

Notes From Lombardi

FROM MICHAEL LOMBARDI:

FIVE THINGS I HEAR…

1. I hear the ‘Skins might open the big wallets to try and acquire Carolina offensive tackle Jordan Gross when he becomes a free agent in March. They will have a ton of competition.

2. I hear that defensive end Julius Peppers is not even close to a new deal with the Panthers and undoubtedly will be franchised, which will not sit very well with him. Mr. Peppers is planning his next move when that happens.

#2 uncfan888

uncfan888

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 06:01 PM

peppers will be franchised. and gross will be resigned

#3 charlottenian

charlottenian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 06:03 PM

About Peps and Jordan Gross. From nationalfootballpost.com

Mike Lombardi is a very well respected football insider.

Notes From Lombardi

FROM MICHAEL LOMBARDI:

FIVE THINGS I HEAR…

1. I hear the ‘Skins might open the big wallets to try and acquire Carolina offensive tackle Jordan Gross when he becomes a free agent in March. They will have a ton of competition.

2. I hear that defensive end Julius Peppers is not even close to a new deal with the Panthers and undoubtedly will be franchised, which will not sit very well with him. Mr. Peppers is planning his next move when that happens.

ah yes.... the annual "skins will throw money at their problems" story....

Peppers is close to a new deal, it has been reported that his offer would put him as the highest paid DE in the game, I don't know what else he would want more than that... once Peppers is inked, then there is a beautiful Franchise tag that can be placed on Gross if a deal is not struck... Lombardi is just living off the coattails of his family last name

#4 AZPanther

AZPanther

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 06:04 PM

Peppers is close to a new deal, it has been reported that his offer would put him as the highest paid DE in the game, I don't know what else he would want more than that... once Peppers is inked, then there is a beautiful Franchise tag that can be placed on Gross if a deal is not struck... Lombardi is just living off the coattails of his family last name

Reported where?

#5 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 3,832 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 06:05 PM

That's a problem for after the season is over for us, right now all I care about is that we win our game tomorrow.

#6 GentlemanJack

GentlemanJack

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 06:05 PM

Yeah, I kind of have a gut feeling that there might be some truth to this. However, I thought the 'skins had the interest in Pep.

#7 GentlemanJack

GentlemanJack

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 06:06 PM

That's a problem for after the season is over for us, right now all I care about is that we win our game tomorrow.

agreed. Let's let Hurney do his job after our SB in Feb.

#8 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 3,832 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 06:07 PM

Yeah, I kind of have a gut feeling that there might be some truth to this. However, I thought the 'skins had the interest in Pep.

the Skins thing though has been floating around since 2007(forgot it was 2009 for a minute), so I don't know about that, with the coach they have and with Jason Taylor I doubt they'd be so eager to dish out stupid size contracts for anyone at the moment.

#9 charlottenian

charlottenian

• HUDDLER
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 06:08 PM

Reported where?

there were rumblings in the paper that Peppers would be offered a contract that puts him as the highest paid DE or defender I believe

#10 DWeezy

DWeezy

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 06:09 PM

Spot on

#11 cardsfanmd

cardsfanmd

Resident Cardinal Fan

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 06:19 PM

the Skins thing though has been floating around since 2007(forgot it was 2009 for a minute), so I don't know about that, with the coach they have and with Jason Taylor I doubt they'd be so eager to dish out stupid size contracts for anyone at the moment.

I live in the DC area and one thing I have learned is to never doubt the stupidity of Redskin owner Daniel Snyder.

Typically, whenever the Skins give someone a big FA deal they turn out to suck anyway, so if you lose him to them he was never that good anyhow.

#12 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 8,809 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 06:22 PM

Why would you write this right before our game

GET AT HIS ASS

#13 III

III

Short Bus

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 06:27 PM

"FIVE THINGS I HEAR…"

yeah and I have heard my wife tell me ALL KINDS OF poo and even though I KNOW that I heard them - that has no actual relavance to what everyone else refers to as "truth" or "fact".

they will both be resigned...especially after a playoff appearance.

...SO...let us be done with this douchbaggery nonsense and shennanigans, and focus on the facts at hand...

PLAYOFFS!!! MUTHAfugAS!!!

(btw - aint nothing here that speaks "respected insider" to me whatsoever )

#14 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,250 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:06 PM

Those two have the playoff spotlight to show what they are worth. Right now that is a good problem.

#15 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

The Truth Sometimes Hurts

• HUDDLER
  • 5,714 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:09 PM

Since when does anyone besides Jay Glazer get any scoops about the Panthers? I don't buy it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.