Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DeAngelo Williams won't complain about his contract

99 posts in this topic

Posted

Anyone have any idea what he might get?

it won't be whatever they were willing to pay him after the 2008 season.

Posted

What he will get probably depends on if there are franchise tags in the new CBA, what the salary structure is, and if there is a cap whether it will be higher or lower than in the past. I know the owners want a concession of 20% from the players in total compensation but I don't know what that will look like.

I would think we could do a deal for 5 years and 40-45 million. He could get 20 million guaranteed and the rest in salary, roster bonuses and other incentives so it would fit in the 30% rule. He might not see more than 3 or 4 of it and the 20 million wouldn't be that bad for his talent. If he didn't go for that he could wait and get something next year.

Posted

Thank ye. Clausen's rookie deal would be for about 5, right?

It will be a 4 year deal.

Posted

carefully chosen words here.

it isn't the panthers he loves...it's the game of football and he's saying that he will be happy as long as he is playing. it doesn't matter where.

i hope we can work something out to keep him.

of course if the passing game starts to take off in the next couple years it won't matter as much. having williams and stewart together is a necessity at the moment but once the QB situation gels and the new WRs catch on having double trouble will be a luxury.

Posted

I don't really buy into the whole ancient runningback talk. Yeah Deangelo got a lot of carries in college and is a premier back, but he is splitting time with J-Stew. I really think they both could play well into their thirties due to this. I expect the Panthers to resign both of them. But if push comes to shove who do you resign? I say J-Stew and hope you can find another speedster to compliment him.

Oh and Deangelo is a great guy, but you can tell he wants a new deal as he should. I really hate the business part of football.

Posted

a little more leverage?

williams has zilch for leverage, and he knows it....that's why he's being such a "class act" about the situation.

Yo, shut the fug up. Everytime I come on this site ur bitch ass is throwing darts at DeAngelo Williams. I never seen anybody have such a negative view of a player and their motives, because they love another player so much. He has been there going on 5 years, and you have yet to figure out what he is about as a player and as a man. The reason why he is being a "class act" is because of his lack of leverage. It couldn't possibly be because he is ALWAYS A CLASS ACT. You are a straight up bitch..

7 people like this

Posted

Yo, shut the fug up. Everytime I come on this site ur bitch ass is throwing darts at DeAngelo Williams. I never seen anybody have such a negative view of a player and their motives, because they love another player so much. He has been there going on 5 years, and you have yet to figure out what he is about as a player and as a man. The reason why he is being a "class act" is because of his lack of leverage. It couldn't possibly be because he is ALWAYS A CLASS ACT. You are a straight up bitch..

:lol:

Posted

Yo, shut the f**k up. Everytime I come on this site ur bitch ass is throwing darts at DeAngelo Williams. I never seen anybody have such a negative view of a player and their motives, because they love another player so much. He has been there going on 5 years, and you have yet to figure out what he is about as a player and as a man. The reason why he is being a "class act" is because of his lack of leverage. It couldn't possibly be because he is ALWAYS A CLASS ACT. You are a straight up bitch..

:leaving:

Posted

Yo, shut the f**k up. Everytime I come on this site ur bitch ass is throwing darts at DeAngelo Williams. I never seen anybody have such a negative view of a player and their motives, because they love another player so much. He has been there going on 5 years, and you have yet to figure out what he is about as a player and as a man. The reason why he is being a "class act" is because of his lack of leverage. It couldn't possibly be because he is ALWAYS A CLASS ACT. You are a straight up bitch..

poo just got real.

1 person likes this

Posted

Looks like SOMEBODY had a case of the MONDAYS!

Posted

Looks like SOMEBODY had a case of the MONDAYS!

number28 has been known to vehemently defend Stewart and in some peoples opinions, attack DeAngelo. :P

Posted

What, Panthers fans of certain players dissing other fans of different Panthers players? Nawwwwwwwwwww.