Photo
- - - - -

DeAngelo Williams won't complain about his contract

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
98 replies to this topic

#85 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 26 May 2010 - 11:32 AM

And you can't blame Richardson for "putting a bad product on the field" because he doesn't. Every year we have the talent to compete for our division. There is so much a guy can do, it's up to the coaches and his staff to put the final pieces together.

#86 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

HUDDLER

Posted 26 May 2010 - 01:02 PM

And you can't blame Richardson for "putting a bad product on the field" because he doesn't. Every year we have the talent to compete for our division. There is so much a guy can do, it's up to the coaches and his staff to put the final pieces together.

Up until this year we have been competitive and had plenty of veterans and paid the going rate. This year is different. We went on the cheap. Whether it is a bad product on the field remains to be seen. It might be better or worse.

But if it is better you can chalk it up to Hurney and the coaching staff not Richardson. All he has done is give them a handicapping budget in their last year.

Edited by panthers55, 26 May 2010 - 01:08 PM.

#87 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

HUDDLER

Posted 26 May 2010 - 01:05 PM

We will not give him that kind of money. Not with Stewart waiting in the wings.

That is the 40 million dollar question. When you add Moore, Davis, Kalil, Williams, Marshall, and a host of guys like Louis among others playing on a tender offer or 1 year contract, the answer is more likely the 100 million dollar question.

#88 rmoneyg35

rmoneyg35

HUDDLER

Posted 26 May 2010 - 04:18 PM

If I was Deangelo I wouldn't worry either. The guy is going to get paid big bucks when his contract is up whether or not its with the Panthers.

#89 chris999

chris999

HUDDLER

Posted 26 May 2010 - 08:14 PM

Up until this year we have been competitive and had plenty of veterans and paid the going rate. This year is different. We went on the cheap. Whether it is a bad product on the field remains to be seen. It might be better or worse.

But if it is better you can chalk it up to Hurney and the coaching staff not Richardson. All he has done is give them a handicapping budget in their last year.

very true. i want to say that i also think that richardson has never been cheap before, and i have nothing but the upmost respect for the guy. but, we are definately on the cheap this year.

I'm thinking that since jerry is so involved in the NFL that he already knows what the owners have agreed to lay on the table. i think we are seeing these cuts, because the new salary-cap in 2011 or 2012 will be at least 20% what it has been up until this year. my best guess is that he is preparing the team to be competitive under the new rules that he possibly knows are coming up.

but anyway, i just wanted to clear up anything bad i might have said about richardson yesterday. we wouldnt be on this messageboard typing to each other if it werent for him. I'm sure that he has a plan in that mind of his, and i do thing that after a season or two of experience, these young guys that we have will be pretty good anyways.

#90 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 27 May 2010 - 08:29 PM

You gotta start somewhere. We are rebuilding.

#91 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 27 May 2010 - 08:30 PM

one day im going to rewrite marx's communist manifesto but just change it all to like football players v. ownership and have you idiots eating out of my palm.

WHY DO WE NEED OWNERS ANYWAY SMASH TEH fuging STATE

#92 Wither

Wither

Relatively Unknown Poster

HUDDLER

Posted 27 May 2010 - 11:38 PM

one day im going to rewrite marx's communist manifesto but just change it all to like football players v. ownership and have you idiots eating out of my palm.

WHY DO WE NEED OWNERS ANYWAY SMASH TEH f**kING STATE

You know, you do a horrible job of getting people to accept your points, but you do an excellent job at making them and making them humorous.

#93 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

SUPPORTER

Posted 28 May 2010 - 07:14 AM

That is unfair to compare them as freshman & sophomore, because we didn't have the same O-Line by the time we got Stewart. Not to mention Fox was using Foster more than Williams. It not until we got Stewart, that Williams was being used more than ever beside sharing with Stewart. Thus, your comparsion there is weak & mooted.

so none of stewart's records should stand because the previous record holders didn't play under the same conditions as him?

that makes a whole lot of nonsense.

#94 PantherDude

PantherDude

Best of luck, Coach Fox!

HUDDLER

Posted 28 May 2010 - 11:35 AM

that makes a whole lot of nonsense.

It's nonsense when you don't give Williams enough credit with bragging about Stewart being better than him over & over and sometime being rude to some of Williams's fans here. :rolleyes:

I'm not dissing Stewart's records, but you're dissing Williams with saying Stewart was better with having better rookie season & so on when you forgot the O-Line was different & Fox didn't use Williams enough with being too loyal to a struggling Foster.

#95 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

SUPPORTER

Posted 28 May 2010 - 05:41 PM

It's nonsense when you don't give Williams enough credit with bragging about Stewart being better than him over & over and sometime being rude to some of Williams's fans here. :rolleyes:

show me an example of when i've been rude to anyone. i'm sarcastic at times, yes...but i've never blasted anyone.

people don't like the color of my tongue because i don't drink the same kool-aid they do.

I'm not dissing Stewart's records, but you're dissing Williams with saying Stewart was better with having better rookie season & so on when you forgot the O-Line was different & Fox didn't use Williams enough with being too loyal to a struggling Foster.

holding a record means you did better than everyone else...regardless of the nonstatistical factors.

by your logic, williams's records aren't legit since foster (former franchise rushing leader) couldn't stay healthy or davis (former single season best) was past his prime.

nonsense.

#96 Wither

Wither

Relatively Unknown Poster

HUDDLER

Posted 28 May 2010 - 06:11 PM

people don't like the color of my tongue because i don't drink the same kool-aid they do.

Your tongue, eh? This is starting to get interesting... ;)