• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#1 Cat Fanboy

Cat Fanboy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:15 PM

I stuck by Jake long after my friends gave up on him...but after watching many games during this (oh so long) off season I cant help but to look at almost every one of Jakes passes just him throwing it up...Smith made Jake.

Peppers - Im gonna miss him the most. Being a Peppers fan hasnt been easy last couple of years. Hard to like a guy who 'doesnt want to be a Panther'.

I really hope Peppers will be back in a few years to close out his career.

#2 Swarly

Swarly

MichaelJordanLaughing.gif

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:22 PM

Jake and it's not even close.

Jake would have played for free if it meant he could stay here for another chance.

Peppers turned down the biggest defensive end contract in the league to leave, and has badmouthed the Panthers since leaving. Would I want him back on the team? Hell yes because he's one of the best, but this thread is about who I'd miss more so it's obviously Jake.

Peppers was the better player, but as a person can't be mentioned in the same sentence as Jake.

#3 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:22 PM

delhomme without a doubt. he was the definition of cardiac cats. he was vocal, and was just a likeable guy. if peppers had half of the fire that jake had, he could have been a legend like reggie white or lawrence taylor.

#4 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:26 PM

I really hope Peppers will be back in a few years to close out his career.

the truth is that no matter how much we offered julius, he wasnt going to sign with us, and accually took less in Chi than we offered him. that means that it is personal. he didnt like us, and dint want anything to do with us.

screw him. we were going to make him the highest paid defensive player in the NFL, and it still wasnt good enough for him. i hope he gets exposed in chicago for the dissapointment that he is. i pray that chicago dumps him with that clause they wrote in his contract.

Edited by chris999, 25 May 2010 - 08:41 PM.

#5 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,046 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:28 PM

Funny, Peppers puts up All-Pro numbers every year (except one) while Jake's last name has been used as the epitome of failue, yet you're going to miss Jake more? It's amazing how sensitive our fanbase is when a player expresses wanting to play somewhere else.

#6 Swarly

Swarly

• HUDDLER
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:34 PM

Funny, Peppers puts up All-Pro numbers every year (except one) while Jake's last name has been used as the epitome of failue, yet you're going to miss Jake more? It's amazing how sensitive our fanbase is when a player expresses wanting to play somewhere else.

Jake has done more for the franchise than Peppers.(both on AND off the field.)

Peppers is obviously the better player now, but fact is this wasn't about "who you want back on the team more" it's about "who are you going to miss more."

#7 Jangler

Jangler

a head full of candy corn

• HUDDLER
  • 47,540 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:35 PM

Jake. And it has nothing to do with Peppers wanting to play somewhere else. It has to do with character. But that is something that has been lost in America...very few people really have it or recognize it when they see it.

#8 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,601 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:36 PM

You guys can't be serious, fug that he didn't want to be here stuff. Pep will be missed over this way

#9 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,601 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:44 PM

Jake has done more for the franchise than Peppers.(both on AND off the field.)

Peppers is obviously the better player now, but fact is this wasn't about "who you want back on the team more" it's about "who are you going to miss more."

Yeah like lose game after game for this organization.

#10 PantherBob

PantherBob

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:45 PM

This shouldnt even be a debate. Peppers all the way! I care more about production than I do character. Jake single handedly destroyed this team last year while Peppers still played at a pro bowl level.

#11 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:47 PM

stats and numbersdont tell the whole story though. during his career, PROBABLY 85% of peppers sacks came in just a few games a season. usually against bad teams. julius also didnt have really good numbers in the playoffs, but jake raised his game in the playoffs, and for years had the highest playoff QB rating in the league, of course until 2008 messed up his average.

jake didnt have the numbers that peppers did, but the truth is that jake was a warrior on and off the feild. the whole team went out and gave they're all for jake when he got them fired up. his leadership will be missed more than peppers numbers will be.

Edited by chris999, 25 May 2010 - 08:49 PM.

#12 DudeNamedJeremy

DudeNamedJeremy

That's what she said.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:47 PM

picks or not, atleast jake showed up to play every sunday

#13 Jangler

Jangler

a head full of candy corn

• HUDDLER
  • 47,540 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:48 PM

This shouldnt even be a debate. Peppers all the way! I care more about production than I do character. Jake single handedly destroyed this team last year while Peppers still played at a pro bowl level.

Thanks for making my point.

#14 Swarly

Swarly

• HUDDLER
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:50 PM

Yeah like bring the team to multiple playoff victories and it's first Super Bowl appearance and playing lights out in it, only to be let down by the defense.

See what I did there?

#15 PantherBob

PantherBob

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:51 PM

Thanks for making my point.

What was your point? That most americans would prefer a DE that gets you 10 sacks a year instead of a QB that throws twice as many INTs than TD passes.

You're right....Shame on them!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com