Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will you miss Peppers or Delhomme more?

88 posts in this topic

Posted

This shouldnt even be a debate. Peppers all the way! I care more about production than I do character. Jake single handedly destroyed this team last year while Peppers still played at a pro bowl level.

Thanks for making my point.

Posted

Yeah like lose game after game for this organization.

Yeah like bring the team to multiple playoff victories and it's first Super Bowl appearance and playing lights out in it, only to be let down by the defense.

See what I did there?

Posted

Thanks for making my point.

What was your point? That most americans would prefer a DE that gets you 10 sacks a year instead of a QB that throws twice as many INTs than TD passes.

You're right....Shame on them!

Posted

Jake is a great guy, but his production (or lack there of) is going to be easier to replace.

Replacing peppers production, and mere presense on the field will be impossible.

Posted

Yeah like bring the team to multiple playoff victories and it's first Super Bowl appearance and playing lights out in it, only to be let down by the defense.

See what I did there?

Yes Jake did alot of good things from 2003 - 2005. After that he became a liability. You can go back to 2006 when he threw 4 game ending INTs at the end of the game which cost us a shot at the playoffs or him throwing more INTs than TDs in 2008 (including the playoffs) and in 2009. The fact is he was causing more harm than good.

Posted

What was your point? That most americans would prefer a DE that gets you 10 sacks a year instead of a QB that throws twice as many INTs than TD passes.

You're right....Shame on them!

Peppers was so good his sacks should have over come anything Jake did. Where was he in the Arizona game? Where was he in the Dallas game? The Buffalo game? on and on...

1 person likes this

Posted

peppers because the times he hurt the team don't show up as easily in the stat line as do jake's and im literally a drooling man child who doesn't know f**k about poo

1 person likes this

Posted

I'll miss Jake's leadership and Peppers' skills.

Posted

Peppers was so good his sacks should have over come anything Jake did. Where was he in the Arizona game? Where was he in the Dallas game? The Buffalo game? on and on...

There isnt a DE in the league that gets a sack in every game. Thats a very unrealistic and silly expectation. Jarred Allen has had quiet games as well but he is still regarded as the best in the NFL. Look at Peps overall production and compare that to Jake and tell me who the better player was. Its not even close.

Posted

i was thinking the exact same thing. when jake was having a bad day, what did peppers do to try and help us win... i bet he thought, oh well, we're down by more than 7 points...fu*k it, at least i made my $million this week.

jake hadf some bad games, but the last time i checked, football is a team sport.

Posted

I'll miss Jake's leadership and Peppers' skills.

Yep. I'll miss Peppers as a player, and Jake as a person.

Posted

Who?

1 person likes this