Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will you miss Peppers or Delhomme more?

88 posts in this topic

Posted

There isnt a DE in the league that gets a sack in every game. Thats a very unrealistic and silly expectation. Jarred Allen has had quiet games as well but he is still regarded as the best in the NFL. Look at Peps overall production and compare that to Jake and tell me who the better player was. Its not even close.

But, but his sacks! We should have won at least two more game in spite of Jake's play last year, if Peppers had shown up...

Posted

But, but his sacks!

and his QB pressures and his FFs despite having an average cast on the defensive line the last 3 seasons. You're the one that seems hung up on sacks.

Posted

But, but his sacks! We should have won at least two more game in spite of Jake's play last year, if Peppers had shown up...

Id love to know how Pep getting an extra sack would have overcome Jake throwing 4 picks on his own side of the field.

Posted

QB pressures....:lol: held up by rookies...

Posted

picks or not, atleast jake showed up to play every sunday
. Well maybe if he didn't so called show up those games we would have won them.and to say he showed up is stupid because mentally he was not there.

Posted

I remember this one time when Julius PEPPERZ had an absolute MONSTER year. I can't remember but I think it was during the year 2007? Man Peppers was just UNSTOPPABLE that season. Don't you guys agree?

1 person likes this

Posted

Jake and its not even a contest. Peppers is self centered and only performed when he wanted too. Jake would have been better then Payton Manning if given the talent that Peppers had. IMO the Bears fans got a worse player then the Browns did. Jake will try his best to help the Browns win and Peppers will only do what he has to so he gets his pay check.

1 person likes this

Posted

Reading this thread...the title should have been, "who would you rather have as a friend."

For anybody who this this is even comparable..it isn't.

Posted

Hey if the question was "Who would you rather still have on the team?" I'd say Peppers, but that wasn't the question, was it? In the long run I'd take my chances with Jake over Peppers anytime.

Posted

There is no reason to argue who thinks what its just opinion. I will miss Peppers more.

I always wanted a team with more skill at QB even if it meant less intangibles. Jake was good for a couple years but he was always handing it off as well. I want a QB that can pass it the whole game or most if he has to, and try and use more tools on the team other than Smitty. I missed Jake after 08. I miss Pepper's ability to shut down games even if he is an underachiever.

Posted

I remember this one time when Julius PEPPERZ had an absolute MONSTER year. I can't remember but I think it was during the year 2007? Man Peppers was just UNSTOPPABLE that season. Don't you guys agree?

One bad season out of 8. What a bastard! The only way I could forgive that is if he slapped his teammates on the asses more like Jake did since thats the only reason we're all going to miss Jake more.

Posted

One bad season out of 8. What a bastard! The only way I could forgive that is if he slapped his teammates on the asses more like Jake did since thats the only reason we're all going to miss Jake more.

Jake has had one season with a QB rating under 80.