#16 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,654 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:54 PM

Jake is a great guy, but his production (or lack there of) is going to be easier to replace.

Replacing peppers production, and mere presense on the field will be impossible.

#17 PantherBob

PantherBob

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:57 PM

Yeah like bring the team to multiple playoff victories and it's first Super Bowl appearance and playing lights out in it, only to be let down by the defense.

See what I did there?

Yes Jake did alot of good things from 2003 - 2005. After that he became a liability. You can go back to 2006 when he threw 4 game ending INTs at the end of the game which cost us a shot at the playoffs or him throwing more INTs than TDs in 2008 (including the playoffs) and in 2009. The fact is he was causing more harm than good.

#18 Jangler

Jangler

a head full of candy corn

• HUDDLER
  • 47,560 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:58 PM

What was your point? That most americans would prefer a DE that gets you 10 sacks a year instead of a QB that throws twice as many INTs than TD passes.

You're right....Shame on them!

Peppers was so good his sacks should have over come anything Jake did. Where was he in the Arizona game? Where was he in the Dallas game? The Buffalo game? on and on...

#19 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,056 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 09:01 PM

peppers because the times he hurt the team don't show up as easily in the stat line as do jake's and im literally a drooling man child who doesn't know f**k about poo

#20 Woodcookedbbq

Woodcookedbbq

Vinegar Based

• HUDDLER
  • 2,393 posts
  • LocationGreenville, NC

Posted 25 May 2010 - 09:02 PM

I'll miss Jake's leadership and Peppers' skills.

#21 PantherBob

PantherBob

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 09:04 PM

Peppers was so good his sacks should have over come anything Jake did. Where was he in the Arizona game? Where was he in the Dallas game? The Buffalo game? on and on...

There isnt a DE in the league that gets a sack in every game. Thats a very unrealistic and silly expectation. Jarred Allen has had quiet games as well but he is still regarded as the best in the NFL. Look at Peps overall production and compare that to Jake and tell me who the better player was. Its not even close.

#22 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 25 May 2010 - 09:05 PM

i was thinking the exact same thing. when jake was having a bad day, what did peppers do to try and help us win... i bet he thought, oh well, we're down by more than 7 points...fu*k it, at least i made my $million this week.

jake hadf some bad games, but the last time i checked, football is a team sport.

Edited by chris999, 25 May 2010 - 09:07 PM.

#23 CharlotteBeer.com

CharlotteBeer.com

Resident Beer Nerd

• HUDDLER
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 09:05 PM

I'll miss Jake's leadership and Peppers' skills.

Yep. I'll miss Peppers as a player, and Jake as a person.

#24 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

_RUN FOZZY RUN_

• HUDDLER
  • 17,318 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 09:06 PM

Who?

#25 Jangler

Jangler

• HUDDLER
  • 47,560 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 09:06 PM

There isnt a DE in the league that gets a sack in every game. Thats a very unrealistic and silly expectation. Jarred Allen has had quiet games as well but he is still regarded as the best in the NFL. Look at Peps overall production and compare that to Jake and tell me who the better player was. Its not even close.

But, but his sacks! We should have won at least two more game in spite of Jake's play last year, if Peppers had shown up...

#26 PantherBob

PantherBob

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 09:08 PM

But, but his sacks!

and his QB pressures and his FFs despite having an average cast on the defensive line the last 3 seasons. You're the one that seems hung up on sacks.

#27 PantherBob

PantherBob

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 09:11 PM

But, but his sacks! We should have won at least two more game in spite of Jake's play last year, if Peppers had shown up...

Id love to know how Pep getting an extra sack would have overcome Jake throwing 4 picks on his own side of the field.

#28 Jangler

Jangler

• HUDDLER
  • 47,560 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 09:12 PM

QB pressures....:lol: held up by rookies...

#29 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,601 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 25 May 2010 - 09:13 PM

picks or not, atleast jake showed up to play every sunday

. Well maybe if he didn't so called show up those games we would have won them.and to say he showed up is stupid because mentally he was not there.

#30 Swarly

Swarly

MichaelJordanLaughing.gif

• HUDDLER
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 09:16 PM

I remember this one time when Julius PEPPERZ had an absolute MONSTER year. I can't remember but I think it was during the year 2007? Man Peppers was just UNSTOPPABLE that season. Don't you guys agree?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com