Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers are 7 point 'Dogs vs. Giants

55 posts in this topic

Posted

Ok, so who's yapping and who's actually laid the money?

LVSC opened at 6.5, and the line at Hilton, offshore @ betED, SBG Global, etc. has moved to 7. It will move up from there.

Good eye. The smart play now would be -7. When the line moves I'd "consider" +10.5

...and to the guy that said "same media agenda", what does that have to do with it?

Posted

I'm not sure if the week 1 game was at BOA we would be favored. Not everyone outside Carolina who looks at this DL would think about drinking the Huddle-Kool Aid. Until this D with this DL actually proves they are better than they look on paper.....we shouldn't be favored against middle of the road teams.

No way would I put money on our team against any other team in the NFL. We have way too many players who are unproven.

Agreed.

Posted

I like the Panthers +7.

I predict Panthers 24 Giants 17. We knocked them out of the playoffs in the final game at the Meadowlands last year. This year it's the same team minus JP and Chris Harris. Add Thomas Davis and Sherrod Martin and I say we don't lose much.

Posted

6-10

Posted

I like the Panthers +7.

I predict Panthers 24 Giants 17. We knocked them out of the playoffs in the final game at the Meadowlands last year. This year it's the same team minus JP and Chris Harris. Add Thomas Davis and Sherrod Martin and I say we don't lose much.

Add in Dwill + Gross/Otah also.

Posted

i find this believable. ny is motivated to beat us in their new house. redemption+1

1 person likes this

Posted

i find this believable. ny is motivated to beat us in their new house. redemption+1

Their D sucks. -1

Posted

I watched last seasons game against the Giants in Texas, and they stopped showing it at the end of the 3rd quarter because it wasn't competitive enough! Hahahaha

Posted

last year, the panthers were favored by 8 i think over the eagles in week 1. what a joke that was. i wish i was in vegas, i would have bet the farm. the eagles won 38 to 10.

:eek:....Panthers were favored by 8? Who is your bookie?....I bet that game and the Eagles were favored (slightly). Think I had the Eagles at -1.

Posted

:eek:....Panthers were favored by 8? Who is your bookie?....I bet that game and the Eagles were favored (slightly). Think I had the Eagles at -1.

i think you're right. i think it was less but the thing that made me laugh was that we were favored. philly destroyed us in preseason (yes preseason does matter). our first team D and O looked like crap against them. they destroyed jake (just a glimpse of things to come for us) so how on earth could we be favored against them? 38-10 later, i could have been on my way to a big payday. man i can't wait to move to vegas next jan.

Posted

http://www.footballlocks.com/nfl_lines.shtml

Week 1 NFL Lines are out. Giants favored by a touchdown over the visiting Panthers.

2nd highest line on the board. Oughtta work great for Foxy's "no respect" mantra for the next 3 months.

I'm sick of this team riding the "no respect" bus. Why do they have to wait until nobody expects them to win before they show up? Why can't fox motivate his team when they're favored? For the better part of a decade, the Patriots and Colts have been favored to win 90% of their games, and that's exactly what they did. At some point, this team's going to have to win the games they're expected to win - that's how you win a title.

Posted

I wonder if they were motivated to beat the Panthers the last time they played them. You know, the one where they were playing their last game in that stadium and still had a shot at the playoffs?