• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 love2hateroy

love2hateroy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:40 PM

Got some interesting games on tap for this weekend. Duke usually has trouble with Florida State for some reason, but hopefully that won't be the case this year. I'm really more interested in the Carolina v. Wake game though. No disrespect to the Wake fans out there, but I'm looking forward to seeing if they are for real. This has to be the first time they've been in the top 10 since CP3 was there(not sure if they were ranked that high then), so it will be fun to watch them try to hand Roy & Co ACC loss number 2 for the year. GO DUKE.

#2 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 09:48 AM

It would be a bad spot for the Heels to start 0-2 in the league, but it is early and I doubt they lose more than three on the season.

#3 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,451 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 10:46 AM

Wake got as high as number one while Paul was there.

To be honest, I have no ideal how the team will respond. We have a lot of young players. IMO, the key will be on the perimeter. Our perimeter defense has been good this season, but our perimeter offense is not that great. UNC is just the opposite. Not so good at defending the three, but great at shooting it. If we can break even in that category, then we have a good shot at winning. TH will get his points, no doubt about it, but we have some good post players as well, and we are good in transition.

But even if we lose by 30, one game will not determine if we are for real or not, no more than the loss to BC determined if UNC was for real.

#4 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 10:52 AM

Wake got as high as number one while Paul was there.

To be honest, I have no ideal how the team will respond. We have a lot of young players. IMO, the key will be on the perimeter. Our perimeter defense has been good this season, but our perimeter offense is not that great. UNC is just the opposite. Not so good at defending the three, but great at shooting it. If we can break even in that category, then we have a good shot at winning. TH will get his points, no doubt about it, but we have some good post players as well, and we are good in transition.

But even if we lose by 30, one game will not determine if we are for real or not, no more than the loss to BC determined if UNC was for real.

Agreed...I personally think Wake is the 2nd best team in the league. I said that before the season started as well. They have the quickness overall, and size, to be a nightmare matchup for anyone.

#5 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 11:57 AM

Wake always makes me nervous........It seems like when Carolina is really good, Wake plays its best basketball

#6 love2hateroy

love2hateroy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 12:25 PM

Agreed...I personally think Wake is the 2nd best team in the league. I said that before the season started as well. They have the quickness overall, and size, to be a nightmare matchup for anyone.

So where does Carolina factor into that? #3?

#7 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,451 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 01:55 PM

FWIW, I think the Heels are the team to beat, and will remain so even if they lose this weekend. As far as who is better between Duke, Wake and maybe Clemson, that has yet to be decided. I think Wake is bigger and more athletic than Duke, but Duke is more disciplined (Wake has been sloppy with the ball at times this year) and they shoot free throws better. The free throw thing is a big advantage in the course of the season, and could end propelling Duke ahead of Wake.

#8 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 02:56 PM

FWIW, I think the Heels are the team to beat, and will remain so even if they lose this weekend. As far as who is better between Duke, Wake and maybe Clemson, that has yet to be decided. I think Wake is bigger and more athletic than Duke, but Duke is more disciplined (Wake has been sloppy with the ball at times this year) and they shoot free throws better. The free throw thing is a big advantage in the course of the season, and could end propelling Duke ahead of Wake.

I like Clemson a lot as well. This will be a tight ACC race down the stretch.

#9 solorca

solorca

Eric Shelton Superfan.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 03:04 PM

This Duke/Florida State game is horrendous. Duke is up 19-14 at halftime, and it is as bad as that score makes it sound.

Another terrible thing about this game is the Florida State fans. They are the most obnoxious group of fans I've ever heard during a game. The entire broadcast, all you can hear are them whining about everything.

#10 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,451 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 03:20 PM

This Duke/Florida State game is horrendous. Duke is up 19-14 at halftime, and it is as bad as that score makes it sound.

Another terrible thing about this game is the Florida State fans. They are the most obnoxious group of fans I've ever heard during a game. The entire broadcast, all you can hear are them whining about everything.

One thing I noticed last year when Wake played FSU is that for some reason you could actually hear comments from individual fans moreso than games at Duke or Wake or some of the other teams. Not sure why that is. Could be the smaller crowds, or perhaps its arena acoustics. But I specifically remember hearing one fan constantly complain about the refs, and calling Wake overrated (which struck me as funny since we were not rated at the time).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.