Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

88 Bronco

Another depressing dog thread

26 posts in this topic

I hate threads like this. I had to put my cat down in '96. But she was like a dog, treated her like one and that's how she acted....for the most part.

1 person likes this

nicely done...and just remember, no more pain and I hear there's millions of hydrants in doggy heaven!

He is probably more concerned with the food dishes

unlimited kibbles and bits...it just sort of rains down at the most oppurtune time!

Thanks. The vet hinted that this was the best course of action. I just finished burying him and planted a dogwood to mark his final resting place. I figure in a few weeks I'll smile at the concept of a dogwood planted on a dog. He was a damn fine dog and one of the greatest friends any man could want.

Nicely done.

...sometimes I just want to take mine for a long one way ride...

Please tell me you wouldn't do this

Please tell me you wouldn't do this

oh hell no...just sometimes a thought that crosses my mind....but I certainly would never do it!

Very sorry for your loss.

I've had to do it several times and to me it has never gotten easier. But knowing they are better off and finally out of pain, does help.

2 people like this

It's never easy to let a beloved pet, dog or cat go. It doesn't get easier for me with any animals I have had the misfortune of having to put to sleep. I had always hoped that mine would go peacefully and painlessly in their sleep. I am sorry for the loss of your dog. It sucks for us to have to let them go...but you know in your heart it was the right thing to do. I think there will be plenty of tails to chase and bones to chew in his new place. I am sad for you...I know how it feels all too well.

1 person likes this

Good do your duty as a responsible owner.

I've seen way to many old dogs decline far to much.

1 person likes this

Sorry for your lose there 88, he must have been a pretty damn good dog.

1 person likes this

This sucks man sorry to hear

1 person likes this