Photo
- - - - -

What Would Happen if a State Seceded from the Union Today?

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#1 Starscream

Starscream

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts
  • LocationLaurinburg, NC

Posted 29 May 2010 - 02:34 PM

I don't think that it would happen today (although some in Texas spoke of it last year) if a state seceded from the union? Would the US military do the same that they did in 1861? Would the US invade or would we simply let them go? It seems like most in Washington are out to get Arizona; what would happen if Arizona all of a sudden seceded from the union (not that they are likely to do so)?

Thoughts?

#2 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 02:41 PM

Actually, there's about 5 states talking about it. I'm all for it. If those states feel they aren't being represented/treated fairly and they can make it economically on their own, more power to them. What would the government do? Hell, given the fact that nobody in Washington seems to know how to avoid repeating the past, I would say they would do something that could be constituted as an act of aggression; you know what that would lead to. Arizona would have a hell of a lot of help on that matter if it did happen.

But then the you-know-who's would say it's about Mexican slaves.

#3 mick eye

mick eye

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 03:11 PM

Actually, there's about 5 states talking about it. I'm all for it. If those states feel they aren't being represented/treated fairly and they can make it economically on their own, more power to them. What would the government do? Hell, given the fact that nobody in Washington seems to know how to avoid repeating the past, I would say they would do something that could be constituted as an act of aggression; you know what that would lead to. Arizona would have a hell of a lot of help on that matter if it did happen.

But then the you-know-who's would say it's about Mexican slaves.

You do realize you are advocating the dissolution of the great states of the USA? That is traitorous speech. United we stand ring a bell? To dissent is patriotic but to openly desire to secede from the UNION is extremely short sighted and stubbornly stupid. Lastly, who are these states who have spoke of it? I tell you the short version of what would happen the petulant teenagers ( seceded states) will flounder about, run out of allowance, and end up moving back in with the Parents ( USA)

Ever read "Lord of the Flies" that is another example of how well the States you reference would do. You are being manipulated by smug politicians who are threatening secession to gain fringe votes.

Posted Image

#4 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

• HUDDLER
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 03:13 PM

:smilielol5:

Nice pic BTW.

#5 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,675 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 03:14 PM

I don't think that it would happen today (although some in Texas spoke of it last year) if a state seceded from the union? Would the US military do the same that they did in 1861? Would the US invade or would we simply let them go? It seems like most in Washington are out to get Arizona; what would happen if Arizona all of a sudden seceded from the union (not that they are likely to do so)?

Thoughts?

Venom, Chucktown and CatofWar would move there. :)

#6 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

• HUDDLER
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 03:16 PM

I'd have to make a wave pool tho. Wait, there's one in Tempe!

#7 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,853 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 29 May 2010 - 03:25 PM

Venom, Chucktown and CatofWar would move there. :)

hahaha hell yea!

#8 Bobby

Bobby

Czar of Czars

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 04:51 PM

Arizona would become part of Mexico because the US would ignore the ensuing invasion. End of discussion.

There are a lot of problems with Arizona leaving the Union. Unless they get a Manhattan Project like solar energy development system under way they'd be screwed big time. How would they get oil in? Buy it from Mexi...oh wait.

Where would the water come from? Desalinate it from the Gulf of California? Well, if Mexico lets them have it. Lake Havasu? Sure, they could buy it from America at jacked up prices.

They'd be starved out. Arizona exists because America lets it exist. The US wouldn't invade Arizona, don't get that twisted, we already took the uranium out of it, what else is there that other states don't offer? A border with Sonora? Oh boy, it's every little girl's dream!

The immigration law has cast Arizona in a romantic light to the right wing, but when you take that light away you have sand and golf courses. Golf courses irrigated by water from neighboring states.

Where would the help come from, Chucktown? Please tell us, oh wise one. Nevada? And risk sanctions from the US? No. New Mexico doesn't care for Arizona and Colorado is broke, it'd charge them a pooload for water. Same goes for California. Maybe Utah would help. Maybe.

Edited by Bobby, 29 May 2010 - 05:03 PM.

#9 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

• HUDDLER
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 05:04 PM

So you're saying there's an invasion?

#10 Bobby

Bobby

Czar of Czars

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 05:07 PM

Mexico's drug armies would invade Arizona and kidnap people for ransoms, yes. And good luck asking for help from the US after spitting in their face.

Do you have any idea how strong the Zetas are? They have SO much money, they probably have more money than Arizona as a whole. These guys make Al Qu'eda look like a fuging joke. A joke.

Edited by Bobby, 29 May 2010 - 05:10 PM.

#11 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

• HUDDLER
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 05:13 PM

Mexico's drug armies would invade Arizona and kidnap people for ransoms, yes. And good luck asking for help from the US after spitting in their face.

Do you have any idea how strong the Zetas are? They have SO much money, they probably have more money than Arizona as a whole.

In case you haven't been reading about the issue:

1. The drug/human traffickers escalated this whole mess already over two years ago.

2. AR and TX have been asking for federal help for almost 2 years now. Obama's response to that was "No!" and also cut around 180 border guards.

3. AR because of lack of help has already become #2 in the world for kidnappings behind Mex.

Sooooo...who spit in who's face now?

#12 Bobby

Bobby

Czar of Czars

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 05:18 PM

In case you haven't been reading about the issue:

1. The drug/human traffickers escalated this whole mess already over two years ago.

2. AR and TX have been asking for federal help for almost 2 years now. Obama's response to that was "No!" and also cut around 180 border guards.

3. AR because of lack of help has already become #2 in the world for kidnappings behind Mex.

Sooooo...who spit in who's face now?

I know all about the case.

If you take away the federal border, and the aura of power that the United States carries with it, Arizona is engulfed in flames. There wouldn't be occasional drug shootings in border towns, there would be all out chaos throughout the state.

You'd see people burned alive in oil every single day.

#13 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

• HUDDLER
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 05:24 PM

Booby

Now you're just being silly.

#14 Guest_CatofWar_*

Guest_CatofWar_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2010 - 05:25 PM

The feds wouldn't do anything about it. If they tried to flex their might, the war would be brought to them.

The first state that nuts up and does it, Chuck, Venom, and I will be headed that way sparking a fatty.

#15 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,675 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 06:02 PM

The feds wouldn't do anything about it. If they tried to flex their might, the war would be brought to them.

The first state that nuts up and does it, Chuck, Venom, and I will be headed that way sparking a fatty.

I am sure the folks down in South Carolina said the the same in 1860/61.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com