<

Photo
- - - - -

israeli troops just murdered at least ten peace protestors on live television

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
326 replies to this topic

#316 Khyber53

Khyber53

I'm a believer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 June 2010 - 06:43 AM

Just what was the girl's eye shot out with?

Take a good, long look at the photo. Anything stand out in the overall composition?

#317 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 June 2010 - 07:07 AM

Just what was the girl's eye shot out with?

Take a good, long look at the photo. Anything stand out in the overall composition?

Posted Image

#318 Khyber53

Khyber53

I'm a believer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 June 2010 - 08:09 AM

Hehehe, yep, just one possibility. Whatever she was shot with, if she was, certainly wasn't a lethal weapon.

But let's really look at the picture.

First off, it's cropped and we have no idea what was to the side of the action. Heck, it could be a guy holding a pointy stick for all we know. I do know there aren't any other protesters huddled right around her... no shadows.

The injury, I'm going to have to say it's real, the blood doesn't look fake and it has run down her arms in what you would expect to happen. There are a couple of blood drops below her (three visible) which are consistent with a head wound. Note, a head wound, not an eye wound. It looks more like it could be coming from a cut on the cheek from the placement of her hands and the bandage.

Notice her friend? The striking black and white clothes? Not that out of the ordinary for that part of the world. But there's absolutely no dirt on the clothes and more tellingly, no blood on them. She didn't have to wrestle the girl to get her into that position and get a bandage on her, the girl was probably already sitting up and relatively calm before aid arrived (no blood on her jeans, only three spots of blood). The victim may have actually been standing and then helped to sit down before the photo was taken.

The person giving aid certainly hasn't been providing it for long. Look at the amount of blood running down her arms, it's a pretty fair amount. Now look at the bandage. Clean, potentially pulled from the handbag laying in the foreground. If she helped her friend to the ground, or was picking her up, would the bandage come first? If so, why isn't blood soaking through, even a little bit. If not and the bandage came last, how come there is no blood visible on either of their clothes?

Sorry, this is getting long, but look at the composition and overall quality. This is a professional photographer who took it, perhaps a very skilled photojournalist. The vertical lines of the background are perfect, helping to draw the eye to the subject matter ... ask Zod, that takes more skill than you might think. The diagonals of the street, curb (in the background) and the banner pole across the girl's foot match up beautifully -- really framing the shot. I mean, that either takes some setting up or this is the luckiest photographer around.

The depth of field in the photo is also astounding. Especially when you see how well you can read the (rather poignant) graffiti in the background. The watchtower way back in the background really drives the point home, too. It's really a fantastic, powerful photo, just brimming with impact and immediacy.

But it's just too perfect. And there are elements in Hamas that have released staged photos before. Really powerful, beautifully shot, professional photos that turned out to be staged. Among them some that showed the same "corpse" in different parts of a town in Lebanon after the recent fights there, and a couple of photos shot later in the conflict that had that "corpse" again, this time injured or anguished by the events, but very much alive.

Is this photo a fake? I don't think it didn't happen at all, but I do believe that staged to a certain degree, not photoshopped, but definitely arranged.

#319 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

HUDDLER

Posted 07 June 2010 - 09:08 AM

wow, she somehow got a Jerusalem hospital to participate in the charade.

Posted Image

#320 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

HUDDLER

Posted 07 June 2010 - 09:14 AM

Posted Image

#321 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

HUDDLER

Posted 07 June 2010 - 09:17 AM

Hehehe, yep, just one possibility. Whatever she was shot with, if she was, certainly wasn't a lethal weapon.

But let's really look at the picture.

First off, it's cropped and we have no idea what was to the side of the action. Heck, it could be a guy holding a pointy stick for all we know. I do know there aren't any other protesters huddled right around her... no shadows.

The injury, I'm going to have to say it's real, the blood doesn't look fake and it has run down her arms in what you would expect to happen. There are a couple of blood drops below her (three visible) which are consistent with a head wound. Note, a head wound, not an eye wound. It looks more like it could be coming from a cut on the cheek from the placement of her hands and the bandage.

Notice her friend? The striking black and white clothes? Not that out of the ordinary for that part of the world. But there's absolutely no dirt on the clothes and more tellingly, no blood on them. She didn't have to wrestle the girl to get her into that position and get a bandage on her, the girl was probably already sitting up and relatively calm before aid arrived (no blood on her jeans, only three spots of blood). The victim may have actually been standing and then helped to sit down before the photo was taken.

The person giving aid certainly hasn't been providing it for long. Look at the amount of blood running down her arms, it's a pretty fair amount. Now look at the bandage. Clean, potentially pulled from the handbag laying in the foreground. If she helped her friend to the ground, or was picking her up, would the bandage come first? If so, why isn't blood soaking through, even a little bit. If not and the bandage came last, how come there is no blood visible on either of their clothes?

Sorry, this is getting long, but look at the composition and overall quality. This is a professional photographer who took it, perhaps a very skilled photojournalist. The vertical lines of the background are perfect, helping to draw the eye to the subject matter ... ask Zod, that takes more skill than you might think. The diagonals of the street, curb (in the background) and the banner pole across the girl's foot match up beautifully -- really framing the shot. I mean, that either takes some setting up or this is the luckiest photographer around.

The depth of field in the photo is also astounding. Especially when you see how well you can read the (rather poignant) graffiti in the background. The watchtower way back in the background really drives the point home, too. It's really a fantastic, powerful photo, just brimming with impact and immediacy.

But it's just too perfect. And there are elements in Hamas that have released staged photos before. Really powerful, beautifully shot, professional photos that turned out to be staged. Among them some that showed the same "corpse" in different parts of a town in Lebanon after the recent fights there, and a couple of photos shot later in the conflict that had that "corpse" again, this time injured or anguished by the events, but very much alive.

Is this photo a fake? I don't think it didn't happen at all, but I do believe that staged to a certain degree, not photoshopped, but definitely arranged.

photojournalists know how to shoot photos... the ones in warzones are some of the best and are able to compose shots like that. The depth of field is gonna happen because he or she was probably shooting around F16 or the like. It would be even more dramatic and suspect if that depth of field wasn't there.

Composing a shot like that doesn't take any setting up, it takes a very trained eye who can absorb the surroundings and frame the most impactful shot in a split second. That's what top tier photojournalists do. Look at some of the photos that come out of the NY times. Makes this one look like crap.

#322 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

HUDDLER

Posted 07 June 2010 - 09:27 AM

her name is Emily Henochowicz.

yes, that's a jewish name. she is an American jew studying art in Israel.

she's a pacifist, at a protest with other unarmed pacifists.

they shot tear gas at her 3 times. missed twice, the third one hit her in the face and took her eye.

#323 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

SUPPORTER

Posted 07 June 2010 - 09:48 AM

Then it was a terrible accident, albeit that it proves that once again Israel has no problem dealing out unneeded violence when it feels it's appropriate for itself.

#324 Khyber53

Khyber53

I'm a believer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 June 2010 - 09:50 AM

I stand corrected. But after previous staged photos, my reaction sometimes is to be skeptical when I see perfect photos coming out of the region, especially ones that are very damaging to one side.

But then again, I guess we do get a number of photos of Israeli citizens in shock and bleeding after a suicide bomb attack.

(added later on)
It seems that Ms. Henochowicz was taking part in a protest and carrying a Turkish flag in solidarity with the flotilla folks. At the protest, some Palestinian youths started throwing rocks at an Israeli checkpoint. Tear gas canisters were fired into the crowd to disperse the mob (after the rock throwing) and the young woman may have tragically been wounded when one of the canisters exploded nearby her.

Beyond some spurious allegations, it doesn't appear that the Israeli soldiers were doing anything other than trying to break up a riot and used pretty much tactics that are standardly accepted in much of the world. The young woman was there apparently protesting something she believed deeply in and got caught up in the violence that often happens in these things, especially in this part of the world. She was injured severely, by accident, not on purpose.

Of course, some will say that the Israelis were targeting her with malicious intent. They'll also tell you that the Palestinians throwing rocks were just a bunch of kids trying to start a game of catch.

Edited by Khyber53, 07 June 2010 - 01:23 PM.
after more research...

#325 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

HUDDLER

Posted 11 June 2010 - 01:56 PM

and for the records...it's videos like these that have precipitated Israel do the things they do to protect themselves.

http://www.liveleak....=67b_1275959417

#326 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

Banned

Posted 11 June 2010 - 02:00 PM

Posted Image

#327 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back