Photo
- - - - -

Randy Moss.....best ever (besides Rice)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
49 replies to this topic

#41 PantherDude

PantherDude

Best of luck, Coach Fox!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 06 June 2010 - 07:45 PM

Tom Brady sure did suffer without Moss.

He suffer with Moss as well. Moss didn't have good number in the last season after Brady came back from a season injury.

And Moss is one of the best. I would say J.Rice, Holt, & Smitty are better than him.

#42 RoachKiller

RoachKiller

ROOKIE

Posted 06 June 2010 - 10:45 PM

He suffer with Moss as well. Moss didn't have good number in the last season after Brady came back from a season injury.

And Moss is one of the best. I would say J.Rice, Holt, & Smitty are better than him.

LOL, Randy Moss still had 1200+ yards and 15 TDs (lead the NFL) in a "down" year. Do people really think Moss isnt a complete WR? Wow...thats just flat out disrespectful to the game of football. Say what you want about his character, but to question his abilities is just crazy. If Moss played for the Panthers in his prime, he would be the #1 WR, not Smitty. And thats not a slight to Smitty, hes great, its just that Moss is greater. People dont understand how such a rare athlete Moss really is. Hes a top 5 athlete all time in the NFL.

#43 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

SUPPORTER

Posted 06 June 2010 - 10:55 PM

Is Moss the most talented WR out there? Probably. But does "most talented" automatically equal best?

If you say yes, then ask yourself this question: Is Julius Peppers the best defensive end in the league? He's surely the most talented :sosp:

I've said many times I'll take a guy with less talent who gives his all every play over a super talent who only goes all out when he feels like it.

Add in that Moss is a punk and I've known that since long before he was famous. I wouldn't want him within a mile of the Panthers locker room.

#44 Cat'sGrowl

Cat'sGrowl

The Beast Lurks Once More

HUDDLER

Posted 06 June 2010 - 11:06 PM

someone mentioned that the patriots didnt win the superbowl because Moss was on the team, but thats straight BS. Moss had the best year as an NFL wide reciever ever. i dont remember the exact numbers, but he had like 22 TDs and a boatload of yards. he beat jerry rice's record by like 3 or 4 TDs. Moss was like julius peppers as a wide receiver. probably couldve been the best ever, but didnt care.

i think he is easily top 5 all time, and probably top 2 or 3.

Yes I'm in agreeance that Randy Moss is one of the better recievers of all time, however, this isn't about that.
This is about you saying Cris Carter and Terrell Owens were also on that Top 5 list..
are ya slap nuts?

What about Steve Largent?
Lynn Swann?
Fred Biletnikoff?
Not to mention the obvious, Jerry Rice..
the list goes on and on my friend..

#45 OneBadassCat

OneBadassCat

HUDDLER

Posted 06 June 2010 - 11:10 PM

Smitty can do it all. fug Moss.

#46 brandon_87

brandon_87

ooh wee mayne he dat deal

HUDDLER

Posted 06 June 2010 - 11:12 PM

holt? no

#47 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

HUDDLER

Posted 07 June 2010 - 11:33 AM

I like Marvin Harrison better

#48 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

SUPPORTER

Posted 07 June 2010 - 12:02 PM

That is a joke. I guess Jerry Rice wasnt a complete WR because he couldnt go up and come down with a job ball then. I guess Hines Ward isnt a complete WR because he wont beat you deep.

I'll take a guy who puts up HUGE stats that gives his team an advantage by constantly needing double coverage, over your "complete WR".

No you wouldnt. Torry Holt has done nothing the best 3-4 years. Defenses dont prepare for Holt like they do Moss.

Yes, I would.

Check out his first 9 seasons in the NFL. Also check out how many times you have heard teammates call him out.

See how many games/plays he has loafed through his routes and plays.

Is he as talented? NO.

Is he the better player/team player? Certainly.

#49 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

HUDDLER

Posted 07 June 2010 - 12:34 PM

No offense to Smitty (My fav. player on the team)...

But the fact is that Moss is a better WR than S.Smith in their respective careers...Smitty might not even get into the HOF and Moss is pretty much a lock at this point.

You might not like the fact that Moss has an attitude and "coasts" from time to time. But, you gotta respect the man and his talent. I don't like the fact Smitty had to play with fringe talent at QB his whole career...oh well.

#50 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

HUDDLER

Posted 07 June 2010 - 12:48 PM

What speaks the most for me about Moss was his last game with the Vikes vs the Eagles in that playoff from the 04 season, he was a straight up bitch.