Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your athletic achievements

85 posts in this topic

Posted

I also played in a church league basketball girls team. We lost in the champ game. i cried.

Ha ha. I was laughing. We kicked your ass.

Posted

Personal, not competition related:

France, '03, biked from Bedoin up Mont Ventoux without stopping, in what i thought was a decent time, and i cannot remember. I think it was around 2 hrs?? The record is 56 minutes by Iban Mayo.

other mountains:

Col d' Joux Plane - hung over as poo, bout killed me. During the French heatwave of '03

Hautacam - brutal, didnt think id make it back to my hotel after summiting. Stopped a few times.

Alp D'Huez - no way to make without stopping, it was hour before the stage and the Gendarmes stopped me 2k from the top.

Tourmalet - Summited, stage day, no way to make it without stopping due to people.

Kayaking: never thought id ever kayak, let alone paddle a class IV creek at 40.

Competition:

played them all, but no major accomplishments in the Big 3.

I placed in the top 10 in a Cat4 bike race once, which was big for me.

Not sure how serious of a cyclist you were but I know two guys in Charlotte that were/are pros. That are not named George Hincappie.

Posted

I threw a perfect game in high school, and then threw a 1 hitter against all my friends at my former school of Independence. I went to the Big I in 10th grade, and then to Butler after they opened. I then went on to play Division 1 baseball at App for a couple of years....I was pretty good, but I could have been a lot better if I would have gone all in a dedicated myself. I pretty much just relied on my natural talent, and didnt really give a poo. Had I applied myself I have no doubt that I would have been playing pro ball....hell I would probably still be playing pro ball. It is the biggest reget that I have in my life....

Oh well.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm really good at cornhole after a 6 pack. I even had a trophy made in my likeness after I won the tourney in our cul-de-sac.

613-768-1Cornhole_white.jpg

Although, it appears I am holding a lunch pale instead of a bean bag.

Posted

I'm really good at cornhole after a 6 pack. I even had a trophy made in my likeness after I won the tourney in our cul-de-sac.

613-768-1Cornhole_white.jpg

Although, it appears I am holding a lunch pale instead of a bean bag.

I'm your huckleberry. :D

Posted

BAYSL - Brandon Area Youth Soccer League - Sick goalie. When we were blowning teams 4-0 they'd move me Forward and I would usually just run through people to score. (I was much smaller then.) Was asked to play football mom said no. The coach's sons, my friends, went on to QB at GaTech and play at Notre Dame. Would have DOMINATED :D

College - Rugby - Played 2nd Row. . Started A side 3 games into my first semester and never looked back. Was really good....i mean really really good. Beat UNC for States 1st State Championship. tackled a guy with my eye socket for a try saving tackle. Invited to Allstar tryouts and chose to play in front of my grandfather instead. (old and was the only chance he'd get to see me play) Booze ruined my college career.

Posted

Booze ruined my college career.

Yep. After I blew out my knee, I hit the beers hard. Which lead to hitting the Huddle House hard at 3 am. Which lead to man tits. And the slow decline of my athletic career began.

1 person likes this

Posted

Pro boxing for 6 years (regional champ)

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu - blue belt.

2 years ago... stop doing all violent sports.

Posted

Pro boxing for 6 years (regional champ)

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu - blue belt.

2 years ago... stop doing all violent sports.

I'll never forget when your sensei told you to sweep my leg. And your teammate yelled "get him a bodybag, ha ha ha ha ha".

Posted

Played club soccer from middle school until senior year in high school. Started on the varsity team all 4 years, was captain my senior year. Named to 1st team all county and conference teams for high school for my junior and senior year. Played on my community college team for the last 2 years, as a defender. Was named to the all conference team last season. Also got so many awards and such through soccer camps and such.... Oh yeah, I played football and basketball for a year. And did indoor track for my last 2 years in high school, was named captain the last year. I mainly did 4x2 relays and the 50 yard dash.

Man, it sucks that I'm not playing soccer next year in the college I'm transferring to. I missed the tryouts for the team. Now it's too late. Hopefully next year I won't be totally out of shape.

Posted

albundy.jpg

No more needs be said.

1 person likes this

Posted

All-conference in the discus in high school

We were 1st in the conference in track and 2nd at state.

Played football for the Butler Bulldogs. We were ranked #20 in the Nation at one point in the season in most of the big polls (Max Preps, S.I., Rivals)

Played for the Bulldogs the year we beat Independence (finally) 21-20 in the regular season.

Conference Champs that season as well.

(Currently in college so my career isn't over yet and hopefully I can add to these)

UNCC Track team has won 4 out of 4 A-10 Conference Championships since I've been here. 2 Indoor and 2 Outdoor. We dominate the A-10's.