Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tuesday update: LB Davis takes a spill

51 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

The Panthers have to hold their breath for the first time this offseason, as LB Thomas Davis walked off the field with a trainer following a spill on the practice field.

Davis was backpedaling during an individual drill when he slipped and went to the ground. Moments later, he walked off the field with head trainer Ryan Vermillion. There was no update from the team on his condition, though there was a sense that the injury wasn't major.

Davis has come back remarkably quickly from last year's torn ACL, and recently ran a 4.47-second 40-yard dash during the team's testing day.

http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/2010/06/tuesday-update-lb-davis-takes-a-spill.html

Posted · Report post

Must be a slow day for the disturber.

Posted · Report post

Must be a slow day for the disturber.
why? that's exactly what he was doing when he tore up his knee last year.

him backpedaling is something that i have been dreading him doing since i heard about him getting back to work. if he is going to reinjure his leg it is going to be something like that doing it.

hopefully it isn't anything worth worrying about.

Posted · Report post

why? that's exactly what he was doing when he tore up his knee last year.

him backpedaling is something that i have been dreading him doing since i heard about him getting back to work. if he is going to reinjure his leg it is going to be something like that doing it.

hopefully it isn't anything worth worrying about.

this. running a quick 40 is a good sign, but it's side-to-side and backpedaling that worries me. hopefully walking off the field was merely precautionary.

Posted · Report post

Put him in a bubble for a week. We are not losing Davis, no sir.

Posted · Report post

hopefully walking off the field was merely precautionary.

Probably.

If they didn't note he was grimacing in pain or that others looked very worried, I would hazard to guess that they were merely making sure he did not in fact injure himself again.

Posted · Report post

So how is he supposed to get used to back pedaling again? Excuse my ignorance.

Posted · Report post

So how is he supposed to get used to back pedaling again? Excuse my ignorance.

They are going to give him a hover-round.

Posted · Report post

Davis was attempting to plant his feet, while his legs were spread, when he tore his acl last season.

Wasn't back peddling.

Posted · Report post

CHARLOTTE -- Already beset by injuries, the Panthers were rocked Monday by the news that the right knee injury linebacker Thomas Davis suffered Sunday is what they feared most: a torn anterior cruciate ligament.

Davis suffered the season-ending injury with 10:40 remaining in the 30-20 loss at New Orleans during a pass play from Drew Brees to Pierre Thomas.

"He was backpedaling a little bit and went to break on the ball," linebacker Na'il Diggs said. "His foot stuck or his knee twisted; something (happened). Just looking at it, you really can't tell what happened. It was just one of those freak things."

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-1/Davis-suffers-torn-ACL/6ed6f33e-a2ad-4df1-b689-cf96cb91afa3

Posted · Report post

he was backpedaling.