Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tuesday update: LB Davis takes a spill

51 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

good stuff. although, i'm at the point where i don't really care too much about how players are doing right now considering it's just OTA's. and training camp is really where it's at. if Moore is throwing picks and wayyyy off target passes come August, then we'll have problems.

and of all the hype that's being thrown Cantwell's way, i'm still not sold on the guy. yeah, he may be throwing the ball into some tight places, but will those throws turn into INT's once they put on full pads, and are playing against another team??? which is why i always wait till pre-season to judge any of our QB's. jake delhomme was apparently tearing it up in OTA's last off season, then when the real thing came, it was a different story.

Posted · Report post

I've never seen so much pie on one post. Damn!

Posted · Report post

I've never seen so much pie on one post. Damn!

eh, next week he will say something stupid.

Posted · Report post

early diagnosis on Davis is inconclusive based on ortho tests

MRI tomorrow AM

Posted · Report post

Two WR's that remind of Smith, eh? I like this chatter.

Posted · Report post

This is exactly what I feared with Davis coming back so soon. Hopefully, everything checks out fine with Davis.

Glad to hear the good about Lafell and Edwards. I think those 2 will be big time receivers for us now and in the future. I dont know what to say about Jarett..

Posted · Report post

we won't see davis again until TC

Posted · Report post

I was kinda worried about Davis rushing back too fast...... Wes Welker is doing the same thing in New England before you know it there is going to be a story about him going down in practice, these knee injuries are just too serious to rush

Posted · Report post

I am very nervous about TD. My son followed him to the stadium without realizing what had happened . He wanted his autograph. He said Davis looiked like he was in a trance. He ignored my son's request. The trainer was on his cell phone walking with him, undoubtedly talking to a doctor. Davis was not limping at all by then.

If the news tomorrow is bad, at least it makes the Harris trade more significant. It could cause Connor and Norwood to play more. I hope not-but we have some studs in the barn.

Posted · Report post

Davis was attempting to plant his feet, while his legs were spread, when he tore his acl last season.

Wasn't back peddling.

CHARLOTTE -- Already beset by injuries, the Panthers were rocked Monday by the news that the right knee injury linebacker Thomas Davis suffered Sunday is what they feared most: a torn anterior cruciate ligament.

Davis suffered the season-ending injury with 10:40 remaining in the 30-20 loss at New Orleans during a pass play from Drew Brees to Pierre Thomas.

"He was backpedaling a little bit and went to break on the ball," linebacker Na'il Diggs said. "His foot stuck or his knee twisted; something (happened). Just looking at it, you really can't tell what happened. It was just one of those freak things."

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-1/Davis-suffers-torn-ACL/6ed6f33e-a2ad-4df1-b689-cf96cb91afa3

Really your both right. :eek:

Davis' season-ending injury came without getting hit in Sunday's loss to New Orleans. He was backpedaling, stopped to plant and his knee buckled. He crumpled to the turf as Drew Brees threw a 17-yard pass to Pierre Thomas in the fourth quarter.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4638116

Posted · Report post

I don't know bout you, but walking without a limp doesn't seem to be a major knee injury. Hope I'm right.