1. During the 1st string drills, Beason was lining up at both OLB positions with Connor in the middle and Anderson on the opposite side. No sign of Thomas Davis.
3. Pike fumbled a snap and was visibly frustrated... then a play or two later threw an interception right in the chest of Quinton Culberson.
4. During the 1st string drills, Schwartz was lining up at RT while Otah watched from the sideline, then Otah and Tank Tyler spent some extra time after most of the defensive and offensive linemen had left the practice field working with one of the trainers on some drills.
5. Saw more 4 receiver sets during 7 on 7 drills with Goodson occasionally lining up out wide and Smitty in the slot.
6. In general, the offensive seemed to have a difficult time moving the ball through the air in 11 on 11 drills. Jeff Davidson seemed pretty frustrated and kept calling a running play package (which I won't name, but I'll refer to as "XYZ") but he said: "alright, lets go with XYZ again since we're only gaining one yard at a time anyways".
7. There were several plays during the 11 on 11 drills with the 1st team offense where the defense would have clearly recorded a sack while bringing pressure right up the middle from the LB's. Saw some pretty heavy blitzing going on (probably as a reaction to the repeated run play package calls).
8. 1st team defensive line (or first rotation) during 11 on 11 drills was Brayton, Landri, Ed Johnson and Charles Johnson. Tyler didn't seem to be fully participating (see # 4 above) and I didn't see Leonard?
9. Our new special teams coach dropped the F-bomb many times during punt blocking drills (blocking for the punter). In general, he seems like a loud and aggressive coach, along the lines of Brian Baker (not quite that loud and aggressive).
10. Saw Ed Johnson working 1 on 1 with Corvey Irvin after most of the defensive linemen were released from practice and headed back to the Stadium. Also saw Brian Baker and Greg Hardy having a long conversation after practice, looked to me like Hardy was picking Baker's brain.
11. Kenny Moore had a big bandage on his forehead, I asked him what happened and he said "I got hit". Must have been an accident since contact is strictly prohibited in OTA's.... LOL
Edited by CatMan72, 09 June 2010 - 01:08 PM.