Photo
- - - - -

Just got back from OTA practice today...

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#31 XClown1986

XClown1986

I'm Rick Grimes, Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,956 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:00 PM

I guess if your choices are Andersen, Connor and Beason than it may make the most sense to put Connor in the middle, but the MLB is the quarterback of the defense and is in a much better position to react and make plays all over the field than an OLB.

I am glad that they are experimenting, this may be good evidence that the Davis injury is serious...

I think Derrick Brooks might have a few things to tell you about the Tampa 2 and the position of weakside linebacker...

#32 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,326 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:08 PM

Did Brian Witherspoon get any looks at both return positions and if so, how did he look?

#33 House

House

Fly Navy

• HUDDLER
  • 2,481 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:14 PM

I think Derrick Brooks might have a few things to tell you about the Tampa 2 and the position of weakside linebacker...

^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

In the defensive scheme that Meeks runs, the WLB is the most important LB. He is the guy that they funnel plays to. The WLB needs to be somebody that is atheletic enough to go sideline to sideline through traffic and a great tackler.

This was the main reason that Davis was blowing it up last year. The scheme the D runs now is made so that your WLB is a star.

It would make a ton of sense to move Beason to WLB. He is easily our most athletic LB and is very sound in his tackling.

#34 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,914 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:43 PM

I understand the WLB is a playmaker in the Tampa-2 but the MLB is still the guy that makes pre-snap adjustments and is in the best position to range all over the field.

I don't have anything against Beason playing OLB if the Panthers determine that is the best course of action, it just blew my mind a little.

#35 brandon_87

brandon_87

ooh wee mayne he dat deal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,926 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:56 PM

anything one who was returning kicks/punts? and if they were doing good or slacking as always?

#36 DoubleTrouble34

DoubleTrouble34

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:15 PM

To be honest, Moore seemed to have some difficulty with accuracy today. Saw him sail a ball way over Jarrett's head on a deep route and then under throw another pass out on the flat (dumping the ball off under pressure).

Meanwhile, Clausen seemed to connect on just about everything he threw - but I don't recall seeing him attempt throw anything deep - he threw mostly short passes. I'm a Moore fan, and I want to see him do well - so I don't have an agenda here... just going off what I recall seeing.

mark my words. clausen will be the starter when the season starts.

#37 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• HUDDLER
  • 9,970 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 08:54 PM

I just envision Moore having this mental breakdown in a press conference where he shits in his hand and chunks it at Darin Gantt and the team announces that Clausen is the starter the next day.

He hasn't taken the drafting of Clausen well AT ALL.

#38 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,914 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 09:06 PM

Did Brian Witherspoon get any looks at both return positions and if so, how did he look?

Didn't notice, sorry.

#39 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,914 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 09:07 PM

anything one who was returning kicks/punts? and if they were doing good or slacking as always?

Didn't see them working on that today. They were working on blocking for the punt not returns.

#40 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• HUDDLER
  • 8,587 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 09:19 PM

I just envision Moore having this mental breakdown in a press conference where he shits in his hand and chunks it at Darin Gantt and the team announces that Clausen is the starter the next day.

He hasn't taken the drafting of Clausen well AT ALL.

Wow. That would rocket past the Jim Mora "Playoffs??" rant in the legendary press conference world rankings. Perhaps even move in front of John Cheney threatening to kill John Calipari.

#41 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 10 June 2010 - 07:03 AM

thanx for the update..im starting to get really concerned with moore lately..

IIRC, Moore hardly ever really looks good in preseason or camp. I know most dont agree with me, but i am just not sold on him yet. i really hope that he does well even after our opponents know more about him, and have more film of him to study.

#42 KatsAzz

KatsAzz

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 07:22 AM

Jimmy is that you? :)

#43 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

• HUDDLER
  • 2,615 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 12 June 2010 - 02:52 PM

I won't believe it until big bang theory says it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.