Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HOW was TD allowed to practice?

55 posts in this topic

Posted

i would be more inclined to sympathize with SMF's point if he werent such a whiny little bitch. i think i'll take the coaching staff's side on this one and assume they had reasons that we don't know of.

Posted

Did you ever consider that OTAs were part of the rehab process? You do not let a guy coming back from this to go into full contact at full speed in training camp without giving his body and legs time to adjust to the physical demands.

What was he doing that was so bad for him? He was back peddling and tried to turn, I am afraid to say he was going to have to attempt that at some point...

Does anyone actually ever stop and think that maybe, just MAYBE, that his ACL had healed nicely and that he basically did a completely new tear? Just because it's the same injury, it does not mean the two are linked.

Posted

I'm reading conflicting reports that he re-tore the same ACL, but some say he tore another ACL different from the one before. If the latter is the case....man that's just shitty luck.

Posted

I'm still wondering though: When Stewart sits out every practice ever, is that his choice, the coaches' choice or it what the medical staff makes him do?

medical staff.

i'm too lazy to dig anything up, but both stewart and fox have said on more than one occassion the limited practices and casual offseasons were set up by the team doctors.

Posted

I don't have a medical degree but I did have the surgery and rehab so I can tell you what the experts told me. Recovery is an individual thing. How much trauma you had to the rest of the knee, what shape you are in before the surgery, how hard you work, and your own recuperative powers all vary from one individual to another. So to say it will take 9 months or 6 months or a specific date is quoting the average of everyone who has the surgery not for example pro athletes who typically need less time.

Listening to the patient and doing tests of the joint is the best and only way to see how rehab is going. The patient is experienced the pain and is the best person to report it. There are also previous records with Davisa bout strength, flexibility, etc to compare to from presurgery. And finally the staff would be foolish to rush him back if they thought there was a risk for reinjury. they have millions invested in him and don't want to screw up. From most accounts the Panthers are very conservative in bringing guys back like they do with concussions and the rest.

People who blame the staff are obviously mad that Davis is hurt and looking for a scapegoat. Sometimes things happen and there isn't anyone to blame. To say that they would hurry him back and risk his future to appease fans angst about the offseason moves is ridiculous.

Posted

I'm not gonna 2nd guess the Panthers medical staff. Sometimes you do everything right and bad stuff happens anyways.

Posted

I'm reading conflicting reports that he re-tore the same ACL, but some say he tore another ACL different from the one before. If the latter is the case....man that's just shitty luck.

Since there is only 1 ACL per knee and it's the same knee, it's the same ACL. Probably not the same spot and, depending on what surgery was done, might not actually be the same literal ligament, but it's the same injury.

Posted

TD came back too fast. ACL is slow to heal because there is no blood flow in the joint and little in the ACL area.

The surgery obviously went great for TD to have no pain and to have the strength in his knee that he did. To be hurt on the same type move suggests an overemphasis of a particular muscle group in the weight room

Posted

Anyone ever think that maybe, just maybe, TD was pushing himself towards a fat paycheck and had dollar signs on the brain??

Posted

T D was also a big part in being cleared to do O T A 's

He had to relay to trainers an medical staff since last November ,how much pain he was in daily.

Rehab and medical can do womders ,but they can't read the patients mind as to what he is truthful about.

T D being the player he is ,could not stand being down. P R I D E

T D may have giving himself and medical staff a false sense of his true progress.

Regardless everone can look back now and What If !!!

1 person likes this

Posted

Well, I'm not doctor, but my next door neighbor is a nurse and I've watched plenty of Grey's Anatomy episodes and based on my experiences, he was on the field much to early...

Posted

Anyone ever think that maybe, just maybe, TD was pushing himself towards a fat paycheck and had dollar signs on the brain??

No shut up!111!!!!111!11!