54 replies to this topic

#31 KSpan

KSpan

Bow-chicka-wow-wow!

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,717 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 10 June 2010 - 07:18 AM

I'm reading conflicting reports that he re-tore the same ACL, but some say he tore another ACL different from the one before. If the latter is the case....man that's just shitty luck.

Since there is only 1 ACL per knee and it's the same knee, it's the same ACL. Probably not the same spot and, depending on what surgery was done, might not actually be the same literal ligament, but it's the same injury.

#32 KatsAzz

KatsAzz

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 07:18 AM

TD came back too fast. ACL is slow to heal because there is no blood flow in the joint and little in the ACL area.

The surgery obviously went great for TD to have no pain and to have the strength in his knee that he did. To be hurt on the same type move suggests an overemphasis of a particular muscle group in the weight room

#33 Zcustom

Zcustom

The Irish Hammer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,701 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:02 AM

Anyone ever think that maybe, just maybe, TD was pushing himself towards a fat paycheck and had dollar signs on the brain??

#34 Big Ed

Big Ed

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:13 AM

T D was also a big part in being cleared to do O T A 's

He had to relay to trainers an medical staff since last November ,how much pain he was in daily.

Rehab and medical can do womders ,but they can't read the patients mind as to what he is truthful about.

T D being the player he is ,could not stand being down. P R I D E

T D may have giving himself and medical staff a false sense of his true progress.

Regardless everone can look back now and What If !!!

#35 SnarkAttack

SnarkAttack

Master of Disaster

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:14 AM

Well, I'm not doctor, but my next door neighbor is a nurse and I've watched plenty of Grey's Anatomy episodes and based on my experiences, he was on the field much to early...

#36 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,246 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:06 AM

Anyone ever think that maybe, just maybe, TD was pushing himself towards a fat paycheck and had dollar signs on the brain??

No shut up!111!!!!111!11!

#37 neverlosethefeeling

neverlosethefeeling

• HUDDLER
  • 3,340 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:49 AM

Bottom Line: Nobody knows how his knee was healing. And to KK's vehement assertion that it takes 9 months to heal, a quick google search will yield many doctors saying that it takes 6 months to be able to return to sports. And that's for fat slobs like most of us on here. Not elite-level NFL athletes. He probably had a better surgeon than your average person and more intense rehab.

They weren't out there doin Oklahomas. It was just a freak accident. It's meaningless to speculate as to what is too early and if he was actually healed because nobody here has access to that information. If you don't know anything about his surgery or rehab, then you can't say what's too soon. Luckily, there are professionals employed by the Panthers to deal with this sort of thing. They all apparently agreed (trainers, Fox, Hurney and TD) that he was able to go back to practice. And it was just a freak accident. There is no one to blame here... so go look elsewhere.

#38 faultlessjoint

faultlessjoint

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 10:07 AM

Maybe he was out there too early, maybe it was dumb luck. Who knows? I sure don't.

The one thing I do know is that he would NOT have been out there if anyone, (medical staff, coaches, himself) had even the slightest doubt or worry about this happening.

TD realizes how bad an injury is for his career. He's not going to lie to a trainer/doctor and say he feels 100% when he doesn't just so he can go do some stupid drills in OTA.

#39 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,968 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 10 June 2010 - 11:45 AM

"These things happen"

But you would agree that this would NOT have happened if he hadn't been cleared to practice right? It might have happened anyway during training camp or that extra 8 or 10 weeks or however long it would have been might have been enough time so that the ACL would have held up. We'll never know now as his career with us is probably over sadly.

You are ASSUMING that the injury was because the ligament was not ready. In fact, it could have jsut been that he turned the right way and snapped it.....much like your typical ACL tear.

#40 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,968 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 11:46 AM

TD came back too fast. ACL is slow to heal because there is no blood flow in the joint and little in the ACL area.

The surgery obviously went great for TD to have no pain and to have the strength in his knee that he did. To be hurt on the same type move suggests an overemphasis of a particular muscle group in the weight room

ACL is not that slow to heal.

I was back playing basketball less than 6 months after tearing mine.

#41 Big Bang Theory

Big Bang Theory

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 12:44 PM

Front office wanted to give something for the fans...

After losing Pep, Harris, Diggs, & Lewis...They needed to give us guys something to cheer about defensively.

Yes, we still have Beason and some key pieces, but lets be real...We are young and inexperienced in some important spots on the D. And our org was getting hit hard in the media for it.

HE WAS RUSHED BACK BY THE FRONT OFFICE...

#42 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,968 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 02:44 PM

I am sure that both the team and Davis were very anxious for him to get back on the field.

I do not believe he was rushed back if he were not physically ready.

#43 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,536 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 10 June 2010 - 03:05 PM

Front office wanted to give something for the fans...

After losing Pep, Harris, Diggs, & Lewis...They needed to give us guys something to cheer about defensively.

Yes, we still have Beason and some key pieces, but lets be real...We are young and inexperienced in some important spots on the D. And our org was getting hit hard in the media for it.

HE WAS RUSHED BACK BY THE FRONT OFFICE...

this argument makes no sense. our organization wasn't getting hit hard in the media because thomas davis wasn't backpedaling solidly yet. we might've had a few pieces written about lack of leadership on defense, but since when does this front office give a poo what fans and media think about decision-making?

nobody was going to cheer because thomas davis was working in OTA's. all signs point to the coaching staff believing that davis was well enough to play carefully in OTA's and let him. say what you want about the doctors who cleared him, but suggesting pressure from the media/situational morale is abject stupidity.

#44 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,914 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 03:15 PM

I love these people who debate decisions they have no information about.

#45 Wither

Wither

Relatively Unknown Poster

• HUDDLER
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 12:41 AM

I think most people can remember what they did last Thanksgiving. :P

Ate Ham, watched football, woke up in a neighbors yard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com