Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ARSEN

World Cup is here

1,458 posts in this topic

I'm real cautious about opening Pandora's Box on video replay.

I'm real cautious about opening Pandora's Box on video replay.

Lesser of two evils, in my opinion. We take it for granted in the NFL, but I'd love to see how many wrong calls have been overturned in the playoffs. So many bad calls before replay came around that affected who won Super Bowls.

Id say goals that are good and dont count, and goals that arent good but do, is a pretty big fuging can of worms.

For me, if you just put a fifth and sixth official, one behind each goal, serving goal judges, would be fine.

Doesn't hockey have something that goes off when the puck penetrates the air space?

Doesn't hockey have something that goes off when the puck penetrates the air space?

The NHL has all their goals reviewed in Toronto

Yes, there is a goal judge that sits behind both goals and activates a red light signaling a goal.

I'd put a laser in the goal to detect the ball crossing it.

Calls will always be missed. Although I wouldn't mind them to have review but keep the play going. They do it in hockey sometimes when a goal isn't called correctly and the ref thinks it went off the post.. but it actually crossed the line. They will review it in Toronto and send word down and correct it mid-game pretty quickly.