76 replies to this topic

#1 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,912 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:15 PM

Went to the last day of OTA practices today. I have quite a few vids to upload, mostly of 11 on 11 and 7 on 7 drills. Here are a couple of random thoughts/observations:

- Saw Beason spending the majority of his time lining up at WLB today with Connor in the middle and Andersen at SLB.

- Neither Steve Smith nor DeAngelo were at practice today.

- Jonathan Stewart was there but didn't participate.

- Captured some video of an interesting special teams drill where players were practicing blocking punts with a soccer ball, perhaps in honor of the world cup?

- The Big Cat was at practice today in his golf cart. Fox spent quite a bit of time in the cart watching practice with him.

- Bernardeau worked at RG with the first team.

- They spent quite a bit of time in practice today having a couple of guys kick field goals under the watchful eye of John Kasay. Have a vid of a guy hitting one from the 40.

- None of the QB's looked particularly sharp in the 11 on 11 and 7 on 7 drills.

- Say what you want about Fiametta's play, but he's a rock... team was doing running drills at the end of practice and most of the guys went shirtless including Ed Johnson...:yikes: Fiametta was easily the most impressive physical specimen of all the shirtless players (no homo).

- Armanti Edwards looks very natural catching kicks, it's true that there's nobody running at him looking to rip his head off, but when compared to Capt. and Kenny Moore he looked just as if not more comfortable.

- ESPN's John Clayton (aka the Crypt Keeper) was in attendance today and was interviewing Fox on the way out of practice. Yes, he's as creepy looking in person as he is on TV.... LOL

- Both Louis Leonard and Tank Tyler spent quite a bit of time working with the trainer on different rehab type exercises after practice.

- Saw Tony Pike in the team store after practice, assume he was buying gifts to bring home with him.

As I said, got quite a few vids which I will post ASAP.

#2 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• HUDDLER
  • 12,455 posts
  • LocationGATOR CREEK- SC

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:18 PM

Did you get me a Jimmy mini?

#3 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 7,031 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:19 PM

Both of our DT hurt already?

no good for our run defense.

#4 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,912 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:20 PM

Did you get me a Jimmy mini?

I didn't buddy, sorry - didn't see your message until it was too late.

#5 vorbis

vorbis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:21 PM

Steve Reed posted a short report today talking about how Greg Hardy destroyed the rest of the d-line in conditioning runs today. I wonder if that's a sign that he's committed to becoming a player or that his skill set is not an ideal fit for d-line.

#6 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,912 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:23 PM

Oh and Beason is the man FYI... he made a point to go right down the line of every person that was waiting outside of practice and shake hands, sign autographs, take pictures, etc, etc...

Printed out 2 Jonathan Stewart custom Madden 11 covers, got one signed by him and gave him the other... did the same with Clausen and an NCAA 11 custom cover... hope I didn't just put the Madden curse on guys? My line of thinking is that the Madden curse only applies to the official cover, not an unofficial cover... LOL

#7 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,912 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:25 PM

Both of our DT hurt already?

no good for our run defense.

They were practicing, neither of them seemed to be really injured. Good news is that they have plenty of time to rest up and heal before TC.

#8 vorbis

vorbis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:25 PM

promising tweet from Brandon LaFell today:

FRESH OUT OF OTA'S 4 DA YEAR.... SMITTY(89) TOLD ME 2 STAY ON MY GRIND DURIN DA BREAK BC HE SEE DA DOG IN ME!!!!!

#9 SCMunnerlyn1

SCMunnerlyn1

The Fuhckening has begun

• HUDDLER
  • 5,283 posts
  • LocationValdosta Georgia

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:27 PM

awwe sad face i was gonna attempt to go 2mrw if they were still open .. get a daniel porter autograph xD

#10 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• HUDDLER
  • 12,455 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:28 PM

I didn't buddy, sorry - didn't see your message until it was too late.

now I will cry.

:cheers2:

#11 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,911 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:31 PM

Steve Reed posted a short report today talking about how Greg Hardy destroyed the rest of the d-line in conditioning runs today. I wonder if that's a sign that he's committed to becoming a player or that his skill set is not an ideal fit for d-line.

well, the only thing that bothers me is he shouldn't be blowing Brown out of the water in conditioning runs....outside of Brown I don't see anyone who I would be surprised would be trailing.

#12 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,912 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:32 PM

now I will cry.

:cheers2:

LOL, sorry buddy.

#13 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• HUDDLER
  • 12,455 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:36 PM

LOL, sorry buddy.

no problem!

#14 Wither

Wither

Relatively Unknown Poster

• HUDDLER
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:38 PM

promising tweet from Brandon LaFell today:

FRESH OUT OF OTA'S 4 DA YEAR.... SMITTY(89) TOLD ME 2 STAY ON MY GRIND DURIN DA BREAK BC HE SEE DA DOG IN ME!!!!!

:o

#15 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:40 PM

There is nothing bad about this, unless you're looking at it from the perspective of all the other DE's. They shouldn't be getting beat in anything by a rookie 6th round pick.

On the flip side, maybe Hardy was a steal if he can keep his mind right and stay on the field.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.