#16 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,576 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:43 PM

thanks catman cant wait until those vids go up.

#17 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:54 PM

I have a question for you Catman. Just from looking at all the pictures and reading all the interviews, I get the feeling that this team is really practicing with a lot of energy and that they seem to be a pretty loose group that gets along well like they were two years ago. Are you getting the same feeling being there in person?

#18 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,692 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:59 PM

There is nothing bad about this, unless you're looking at it from the perspective of all the other DE's. They shouldn't be getting beat in anything by a rookie 6th round pick.

On the flip side, maybe Hardy was a steal if he can keep his mind right and stay on the field.

Hardy would have been a first round pick a year ago before he got injury plagued. I fear that more then I do work ethic and talent. Its a long season and he had trouble staying healthy with collage ball.

#19 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,119 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:11 PM

I have a question for you Catman. Just from looking at all the pictures and reading all the interviews, I get the feeling that this team is really practicing with a lot of energy and that they seem to be a pretty loose group that gets along well like they were two years ago. Are you getting the same feeling being there in person?

From what I've seen, the energy is good at practice (except Ed Johnson, see my Brian Baker vid... LOL). I think the team gets along well, but I wouldn't call them loose, you can tell this is a young team with allot of guys looking to impress.

I make a point of watching the interaction between Moore and Clausen in particular and I would describe it as "distant", these two are definatley in a competition. Clausen stays pinned to Rip Scherer's hip and Moore seems to monitor their conversation from afar. At the last OTA practice I attended Moore, Clausen and Scherer were watching the 11 on 11 drills and Clausen said something that prompted Moore to respond: "No, that's Omaha" in a very pronounced way.

From years past, I notice the coaching intensity seems to be up this year, more yelling and tough love... probably another symptom of a young team. The good news is that I don't see allot of confusion in practice during the 11 on 11 and 7 on 7 drills. I know they're working on pretty basic stuff this time of year, but most of the guys seem to know what they're doing and where they're supposed to be.

On a side note, Moore appears to have a knack for pulling the defense offsides. I forgot to mention it in my original post but he did it again today (did it at mini-camp). I have yet to see any of the other QB's do this in the practices I've attended. I have some video of this from today that I'll post.

Edited by CatMan72, 16 June 2010 - 02:13 PM.

#20 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:28 PM

Sounds good, Catman. I'm not really worried about Moore and Clausen not being the best of friends, so long as they keep it civil and keep saying the right things in public. They just need to keep pushing each other, and, hopefully, it will produce a better product on the field, regardless of who ends up winning the job.

Anyway, thanks again man.

#21 PantherExpress

PantherExpress

89's in the building..

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:28 PM

Printed out 2 Jonathan Stewart custom Madden 11 covers, got one signed by him and gave him the other... did the same with Clausen and an NCAA 11 custom cover... hope I didn't just put the Madden curse on guys? My line of thinking is that the Madden curse only applies to the official cover, not an unofficial cover... LOL

I have to have a new cover for madden 11 for obvious reasons, are alot of people making/sharing these on the forum?

#22 AggieLean.

AggieLean.

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,392 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN via Winston-Salem, NC

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:33 PM

Good write up catman.
That tweet from LaFell got me excited to see him play. Good to see he's on his grind and working on getting better. Good to see Beason working at WLB, but ultimately, I hope they keep him in the middle.

#23 southcakalac

southcakalac

Wharton Fan Club

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:44 PM

Hey Catman, anything on Eric Norwood?

#24 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,119 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 05:38 PM

I have to have a new cover for madden 11 for obvious reasons, are alot of people making/sharing these on the forum?

Here you go: http://www2.picturep...adden11-360.png

#25 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,119 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 05:40 PM

Hey Catman, anything on Eric Norwood?

He was there, didn't notice much about him good or bad. I was mostly focused on watching our offense try to move the ball, especially through the air.

#26 jramsey4

jramsey4

"Blisters on me Fingers"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 06:13 PM

Nice writeup. BTW when do you think you will get those vids up?

#27 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,119 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 07:31 PM

Here's the first vid, I have about 30 more where this came from...

Edited by Kurb, 16 June 2010 - 09:56 PM.

#28 jramsey4

jramsey4

"Blisters on me Fingers"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 07:39 PM

Here's the first vid, I have about 30 more where this came from...

Nice grab by Moore there.

#29 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,119 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 07:50 PM

Next up, Moore hits Moore with another pass:

#30 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,119 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 07:55 PM

Run up the middle by Sutton:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com