• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#1 DoubleTrouble34

DoubleTrouble34

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 12:13 PM

anyone else watch that soccer gm. the us clearly won the game on the free kick but the ref called a penalty that was clearly the wrong call. what a disgrace. all the things america does for that pathetic country and thats how they repay us.GTFO.

#2 The Saltman

The Saltman

I have Returned

• Moderators
  • 24,884 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 12:16 PM

this is the carolina panthers forum......;kljshdfslk;jdfhslkdfjhsldfs..

#3 Cracka McNasty

Cracka McNasty

WWNPHD?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,633 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 12:20 PM

i saw it on the radio. it was an outrage

#4 Baschski

Baschski

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 12:27 PM

Absolutely ridiculous. Too bad there's no video replay. The worst offsides call in the history of US soccer.

#5 Black

Black

Don't Make Me Get Money and Platinumize My Body

• HUDDLER
  • 2,390 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 18 June 2010 - 12:28 PM

infuriating call

#6 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,538 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 18 June 2010 - 12:30 PM

Absolutely ridiculous. Too bad there's no video replay. The worst offsides call in the history of US soccer.

It wasn't an offside's call, the call was a foul on the goal scorer Maurice Edu. However, there was no foul by Edu or anyone on the U.S. for that matter. It was an awfully officiated game. It reminds me of the U.S./Italy game where the ref gave out red cards like they were candy.

Overally, it was a good game to watch. The U.S. fought back and they clearly deserved to walk away with 3 points. Nontheless they are still in it and can still advance to the round of 16 with a win over Algeria.

#7 BF91

BF91

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 12:41 PM

It was a great match to watch. I flipped out when the US scored the winning goal, then again when that fuging communist ref stole the victory from us.

#8 Baschski

Baschski

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 12:42 PM

It wasn't an offside's call, the call was a foul on the goal scorer Maurice Edu. However, there was no foul by Edu or anyone on the U.S. for that matter. It was an awfully officiated game. It reminds me of the U.S./Italy game where the ref gave out red cards like they were candy.

Overally, it was a good game to watch. The U.S. fought back and they clearly deserved to walk away with 3 points. Nontheless they are still in it and can still advance to the round of 16 with a win over Algeria.

The commentators on the ESPN broadcast orginally said it was an offsides call. But either way, there was no foul by the US players. In fact, Bradley was being bear-hugged by one of the Slovenian players so he couldn't get free. It was just absurd all around.

#9 DoubleTrouble34

DoubleTrouble34

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 12:43 PM

that ref should be sent back to his hut in africa and never be allowed to officiate another soccer gm in his life.

#10 dbeat

dbeat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • LocationLA

Posted 18 June 2010 - 12:48 PM

The commentators on the ESPN broadcast orginally said it was an offsides call. But either way, there was no foul by the US players. In fact, Bradley was being bear-hugged by one of the Slovenian players so he couldn't get free. It was just absurd all around.

The commentators took back what they said, so it wasn't an offsides call. And like you said WE were the ones who were fouled! An absolute ridiculous call. He also called a yellow card on Finley for a hand ball when the ball never hit his hands! Thanks to this ref we are short-handed 2 points and we're losing Finley in the all-important match vs Algeria. Thanks ref!

#11 donkeyd

donkeyd

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 12:49 PM

It was a horrible call and horrible officiating all around. The US got jacked and the ref was making (or not making) bad calls all day. It happens all the time in futbol. Mexico got robbed too vs South Africa. If England beats Slovenia and the US wins its next game they will be fine.

Edited by donkeyd, 18 June 2010 - 01:01 PM.

#12 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,515 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 12:49 PM

#13 dbeat

dbeat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • LocationLA

Posted 18 June 2010 - 12:50 PM

Nontheless they are still in it and can still advance to the round of 16 with a win over Algeria.

Stand corrected, if we win we're in.

Edited by dsb5309, 18 June 2010 - 03:40 PM.

#14 Brandon

Brandon

Everything and Nothing

• HUDDLER
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 12:53 PM

Politics play a big part in soccer, so don't expect the US to get anything less than horrible treatment by officiating. It's a widely accepted fact of life that the refs are biased because they really only want certain teams to win. Part of the reason I don't follow soccer.

#15 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,520 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 18 June 2010 - 12:53 PM

yeah usa got dicked.two of our players were getting held

Edited by DaCityKats, 18 June 2010 - 01:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.