112 replies to this topic

#46 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,866 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 05:08 PM

not a surprise we got screwed at some point.

#47 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 17,033 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 05:14 PM

Good, now I can go back to not giving a rats ass about Soccer... LOL

Actually we should advance and may even win the group

#48 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,843 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 18 June 2010 - 05:20 PM

wrong forum *snicker*

#49 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 3,869 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 05:22 PM

saw it and it was a major screw job

#50 tarheelblue89

tarheelblue89

More u spend, More u win

• HUDDLER
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 05:22 PM

lol I love how we had to go through hell to get a world cup sticky and yet it spills over into the Panthers section.

#51 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 47,020 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 05:23 PM

Posted Image

Edited by Jangler, 18 June 2010 - 05:27 PM.

#52 Baschski

Baschski

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 06:01 PM

ahem... wrong football guys.

it really bothers me how nobody in the U.S. gives a damn about soccer, then the world cup rolls around and suddenly everyone loves watching it. lets face it, all the soccer style sports (putting a ball into a goal guarded by a goalie with an odd instrument e.g. soccer, lacrosse and even hockey) just cannot match the intensity and suspense of basketball, football and baseball.

What an absurdly ignorant thing to say. Hockey is a major sport in America. Soccer is the most popular sport in the WORLD. Lacrosse is the fastest growing sport in America, and, IMO the most exciting Spring sport to watch. Baseball is in no way intense...it is the most dull and boring major sport there is, and the MLB is slowly dying. I agree that American Football is the best spectator sport...but that's an opinion that almost no one outside of our country would agree with. To completely discount sports just because they have a goalie is just ridiculous. I, and most people on this board, would choose to watch soccer, hockey or lacrosse over boring ass baseball any day of the week.

#53 DoubleTrouble34

DoubleTrouble34

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 06:25 PM

lol I love how we had to go through hell to get a world cup sticky and yet it spills over into the Panthers section.

i was really surprised their was no thread about the world cup so i just took matters into my own hands and made one especially after watchiing the game today. but i would have to agree with what rockytopvol said. i think it is a blessing that findley got suspended, i have not been impressed with his play. he is just too passive. i would like them to give edson buddle a chance in his spot. i think he can do some great things. also oguchi onyewu needds to step up his game against algeria. he made a couple costly defensive errors that cost us.

#54 SCMunnerlyn1

SCMunnerlyn1

The Fuhckening has begun

• HUDDLER
  • 5,346 posts
  • LocationValdosta Georgia

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:47 PM

i think they did it because england was in third .. call it conspiracy if you want but if the brits get elimintated early on alot of people will stop watching .. they can afford to lose us because alot of americans dont care ..

#55 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,540 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:58 PM

i think they did it because england was in third .. call it conspiracy if you want but if the brits get elimintated early on alot of people will stop watching .. they can afford to lose us because alot of americans dont care ..

Yeah I don't think thats the case because the U.S.A. out numbers England by around 250,000,000 people. I am pretty sure more Americans are watching the World Cup than English mainly because we have a lot more people than them.

#56 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,516 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 09:15 PM

I don't think that it was done on purpose. The ref was consistantly horrid the whole match.

#57 SCMunnerlyn1

SCMunnerlyn1

The Fuhckening has begun

• HUDDLER
  • 5,346 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 09:29 PM

Yeah I don't think thats the case because the U.S.A. out numbers England by around 250,000,000 people. I am pretty sure more Americans are watching the World Cup than English mainly because we have a lot more people than them.

i agree alot of people in the u.s are watching it but if you count by race ethnicity and say about 25 % of black ppl like soccer maybe a little more they 're watching it

.. another 10% are probably not from this country therefore they pick a wildcard most likely england or some african team

.. then take the immigrants that have cable they're going for everyone else and maybe a few for the usa

.. then alot of americans consider soccer like brits consider football a waste of there time so take about 40 % of americans arnt watching it to begin with

.. then theres a few who pick england ( every soccer fan i know ) thats the wildcard .. what im saying is .. theyll lose most if not all of britian and about a third of the us if england goes home early as opposed to if we just go then they just lose a third of our viewers.. all math was based on speculation

#58 SCMunnerlyn1

SCMunnerlyn1

The Fuhckening has begun

• HUDDLER
  • 5,346 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 09:30 PM

the world cup to the british is like the superbowl once a week for us

#59 Wither

Wither

Relatively Unknown Poster

• HUDDLER
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 09:40 PM

Soccer?

Who cares?

#60 Catfever

Catfever

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 09:48 PM

You people who are suggesting that the refs are making bad calls on purpose just to get back at the Americans for whatever political reason are out of your rabid minds. It's not because of politics, it's not because it's the USA, it has nothing to do with the placement in the group, nor has it anything to do with FIFA fixing the score to ensure adequate audience for the remainder of the World Cup!

People who are used to watching Soccer (Aside from just the MLS), know that the human element in refereeing sometimes end up making an impact in the outcome of the game. Call it stupid, controversial or lame, whatever. The point is that these types of bad calls are common in soccer across all league, including the English Premier league, Italian Serie A, and the German Bundesliga alike.

The ref bade a HORRIBLE call, but PLEASE stop making it into more than what it was... just another bad call.

/thread

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.