Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bobs to be in active in the next few weeks

43 posts in this topic

Posted

Unless one of these trades involves getting a pick, I am not interested.

They could be looking to dump Nazr for a 2nd rounder. This is pure speculation on my part and I don't know that it would be a good move for the Bobs.

Posted

No actually i would say it has more to do with a FO that does not know how to evaluate talent (crappy drafts) and makes lots of lateral moves (J-Rich, Diaw/Bell) instead of moves that actually make us better.

I look at the Atlanta Hawks and am envious. They have built a young and exciting team over the years. We have had every opportunity to do the same. Lets start in 2004 shall we?

2004 Emeka Okefor / Plagued by back problems even in college. Uconn team of his was stacked with talent. Actually a solid pick by the Bobcats.

BUT Okefor's teammate Ben Gordon was also on the board. But in retrospect i think we all could agree Andre Iguodala or Devin Harris would have been good picks also without trading up.

2005 Raymond Felton and Sean May / This is likely the year the UNC loyalist sight. Fact is we should have offered Atlanta the 5th and 13th to move up and get a elite PG if AI2 had been the pick in 2004 or stayed put and took Channing Frye and Danny Granger.

2006 Adam Morrison / Jeez louise. Lets take the nonathletic white boy. Tyus Thomas, Brandon Roy, and the sleeper Rajon Rando.

2007 Brendan Wright / Traded Wright gained J-Rich. To tell the truth i wanted Joakim Noah. Noah and Jared Dudley would have been a decent haul.

2008 DJ Augustin and Alexis Ajinca / Could have kept a 2010 first round pick instead of trading it to Denver. So n AA and no DJ. Gain Brook Lopez and a first round pick.

Depth chart best case scenerio

PG- Devin Harris

SG- Brandon Roy,

SF- G-Force, Granger

PF- Noah, Channing Frye

C- Brook Lopez

Come on yall lets not get too excited about the moves of this FO is all i am saying. Oh and and in this upcoming draft we could add Hassan Whiteside to rotate Lopez. We are the Detroit Lions of the NBA when it comes to drafting.

QFT

However, do not dismiss this particular Front Office that ended up getting the Cats into the playoffs.

All of those past moves you referenced were made in the Bob Johnson era, and he could have cared less about the Charlotte community and being proactive with the franchise. Now that the Bobcats have pretty much cleaned house, I think it's safe to be optimistic going into this year, especially after a playoff appearance.

Posted

Sorry, i am not as optimistic as some. Micheal Jordan's track record as a owner does not inspire much confidence. He has had final say in basketball decisions since 2006. So Adam Morrison, Brendan Wright, DJ Augustin and Ajinca are all on his watch. Also you have to look at how he did in Washington. So you can add Kwame Brown to the All-Jordan Sucky Draft Team. I think ALL the credit for the playoff bid needs to be given to the team and Larry Brown. Specifically Gerald Wallace and Stephen Jackson. We have two options either rebuild young or the more likely make several lateral moves and field a team of veterans and journeymen with a nearly topped out salary.

Posted

The Charlotte Bobcats are talking with teams about either purchasing a pick or making a trade that would yield selections in Thursday’s NBA draft.

Coach Larry Brown said Monday that several teams are looking to give up picks. The Michael Jordan-owned Bobcats don’t own a selection in either the first or second round.

“Michael might buy a draft pick. I don’t know,” Brown said. “We might be able to move a contract to get a draft pick. I don’t know. It might be a trade involved that could do that. You better be aware of the talent and what value you have on a pick.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Ap6Z_F4VBwcfw1L7CYYQu7.8vLYF?slug=ap-bobcats-draftpicks

Posted

While it is exciting to think we may end up with a draft picks, i refer to my previous post on the hapless draft record. With the T-Wolves and Grizzlies having multiple 1st round picks they could be game and second round picks could be had cheap. I don't see many PG's that intrigue me. Maybe, either Eric Bledsoe (Kentucky's other guard) or Armon Johnson ( fave of mine) but they are both combo guards and not pure PG's. It seems like a good year for big men. I hope we move Diaw and resign TT. That would leave a spot for a PF. I don't think Derrick Brown fits as a PF he is more of a SF. Guys who could be around where we get a pick are

1. Craig Brackins

2. Larry Sanders

3. Kevin Seraphin

4. Daniel Orton

I doubt PG, SG, C, or SF are the targets since we have DJ, Hendo, Alexis and D-Brown being groomed. TT is a fairly young fella too though so your guess is good as mine. If Alexis Ajinca is still not impressing we could be looking for a new Center to develop.

Posted

While it is exciting to think we may end up with a draft picks, i refer to my previous post on the hapless draft record. With the T-Wolves and Grizzlies having multiple 1st round picks they could be game and second round picks could be had cheap. I don't see many PG's that intrigue me. Maybe, either Eric Bledsoe (Kentucky's other guard) or Armon Johnson ( fave of mine) but they are both combo guards and not pure PG's. It seems like a good year for big men. I hope we move Diaw and resign TT. That would leave a spot for a PF. I don't think Derrick Brown fits as a PF he is more of a SF. Guys who could be around where we get a pick are

1. Craig Brackins

2. Larry Sanders

3. Kevin Seraphin

4. Daniel Orton

I doubt PG, SG, C, or SF are the targets since we have DJ, Hendo, Alexis and D-Brown being groomed. TT is a fairly young fella too though so your guess is good as mine. If Alexis Ajinca is still not impressing we could be looking for a new Center to develop.

IMO Sanders and Orton would be great selections in the second round.

Let's just cross our fingers and hope MJ and LB know what they're doing, because, other than Okafor, every big man the Bobcats have drafted has been a bust. I'm going ahead and putting Ajinca in that category.

Posted

See i disagree with ya. I think Sanders and Orton are both mid round 1st talents. I am thinking the T-Wolves would part with either the 16th or 23rd. A darkhorse candidate that could take a big lead if Tyson Chandler opts out is Solomon Alabi.

Posted

who would draft a guy name alexis?i hated this pick from day one( adam morrison too). this is a good year for the bigs i wouldnt mind picking one up. not to mention this draft is pretty deep, so some players will not be drafted.mike and lb should pick them up in free agency.

Posted

Until they bring in somebody worth a poo in evaluating college players, our FO needs to stick to trades and free agency to improve the team. Although if the Bobcats do move into the middle/late second round, I am a Dexter Pittman fan.

Posted

me as well.he lost a lot of weight and seemed to be in pretty good shape during the draft combine until his brother was killed.

Posted

Until they bring in somebody worth a poo in evaluating college players, our FO needs to stick to trades and free agency to improve the team.

I agree, but you can't build a consistent winner through free-agency and trades. Yes, the Celtics are having a good run as of late and did build that squad primarily through trading, but the Big Three aren't getting any younger, and take them away from the C's and they're just like every other team in the East with the exception of Rondo.

Choosing experience over the franchise's future only temporarily alleviates the problem and can make the problem worse once those veterans start aging and/or retiring (see Panthers 1996-2001)

The sad thing is, in most of those drafts, it is to the point where the Bobcats fans can see the writing on the wall with picks, yet the FO makes the pick anyway (ex. Morrison)

Posted

Choosing experience over the franchise's future only temporarily alleviates the problem and can make the problem worse once those veterans start aging and/or retiring (see Panthers 1996-2001)

And I agree 100%. MJ needs to hire a draft guru of sorts to keep the Bobcats competitive for the future, but until then they're better off worrying about veterans.

While we're still talking about the draft, another guy I wouldn't mind the Bobcats trading into the draft to pick is Greivis Vasquez. Yes, it would be admitting the Augustin pick was a failure (it was), and yes, it would give LB another rookie to ignore (he will), but Vasquez has the size and the potential to be a starting NBA PG. Of course there's risks involved with picking him, but as a second-round pick, he'd be a good value pick IMO.

And yes, I guarantee I hate him just as much as any of you.