Photo
- - - - -

The Paradigm Shift: What You Didn't Know About The War

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
42 replies to this topic

#31 2plankingpanther

2plankingpanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 June 2010 - 01:57 AM

Why is war so "necessary" for our country when so many other countries have not engaged in an all-out war in centuries if not decades? This way of thinking has to change. Corporations and the military industrial complex have got some of you so indoctrinated/brainwashed, that all sense of human rights go out the window.

If the things our gov. does to other nations happened to us by another nation, people would freakdafackout.

So according to you if there is a large scale attack on America,we should just turn the other cheek?

#32 Speed

Speed

Banned

Banned

Posted 22 June 2010 - 04:54 AM

Afghanistan was necessary,Iraq-not really.Your boy dubya got distracted and pulled all the resources to attack Iraq and as a result the Taliban got stronger!

This argument presist, and will. It long has past the "OH YEA?" point. I think you are wrong.

#33 Speed

Speed

Banned

Banned

Posted 22 June 2010 - 04:57 AM

Why is war so "necessary" for our country when so many other countries have not engaged in an all-out war in centuries if not decades? This way of thinking has to change. Corporations and the military industrial complex have got some of you so indoctrinated/brainwashed, that all sense of human rights go out the window.

If the things our gov. does to other nations happened to us by another nation, people would freakdafackout.

Other countries have not the wherewithall or courage to. I an thankful for my couraigous and dedicated brothers. I think most of us are.

#34 Speed

Speed

Banned

Banned

Posted 22 June 2010 - 05:00 AM

Afghanistan was necessary,Iraq-not really.Your boy dubya got distracted and pulled all the resources to attack Iraq and as a result the Taliban got stronger!

I think the exposition and gathering makes them easiesr to identify and kill.

#35 Delhommey

Delhommey

Moderators

Posted 22 June 2010 - 06:59 AM

You're either trolling or a complete moron. Either way it ain't worth it.

#36 2plankingpanther

2plankingpanther

HUDDLER

Posted 22 June 2010 - 07:47 AM

This argument presist, and will. It long has past the "OH YEA?" point. I think you are wrong.

I'm right!!

#37 Speed

Speed

Banned

Banned

Posted 22 June 2010 - 12:35 PM

i'm right!!

oh yea?!

#38 Speed

Speed

Banned

Banned

Posted 22 June 2010 - 12:36 PM

You're either trolling or a complete moron. Either way it ain't worth it.

That's pretty convincing.

#39 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

HUDDLER

Posted 22 June 2010 - 02:34 PM

So according to you if there is a large scale attack on America,we should just turn the other cheek?

any large scale attack or act of "terrorism" on america is more than likely going to come from or be influenced from within, as we've seen over history and as we saw with 9/11, and as we're seeing now with BP.

#40 Khyber53

Khyber53

I'm a believer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 June 2010 - 02:42 PM

You won't find me supporting Venom very often, but I think the posting of the video was a good start for dialogue and I didn't look on it as any kind of "conspiracy theory" deal. Just one look at what is a terrible thing, that really does need to see and end come to it.

Some folks are jumping all over Venom for this, and it might be a case of the boy who cried wolf too many times. But when a person finds some truth, well, there it is, like it or not.

Yeah, these wars were going to be long. And they were going to be, even if we forgot in our times of patriotic fervor, horrible things. Combatants and innocents alike would be killed, maimed, wounded, scarred down inside where it's hard to see. That's war.

But sometime back around Vietnam, we had this idea that you could hold a "limited war" that wasn't all out death and destruction. That certain lines would not be crossed, that an entire nation wouldn't be mobilized or even inconvenienced by it.

Let's face it. Right now, if you don't have a family member that's in the Armed Forces, chances are the conflict hasn't changed your life one iota. You aren't seeing anything rationed, you aren't participating in scrap drives, buying war bonds, awaiting a draft notice. You aren't even being asked to give blood to save our troops or even greet them when their units deploy home.

But whether it interrupts your life or not, it just keeps grinding on, not searching for an end, just an enforceable situation. In the case of Iraq, they want it to stabilize so that oil can flow (not to anyone in particular) into the open market. And now Afghanistan is sitting on unimaginable mineral wealth (wonder who has known about this for longer than we have.)

A huge amount of American money has gone into this -- your money and mine. And it keeps going into it, with little return to us except flag-draped coffins and even more ill-will from the armpit of the world. Munitions manufacturers, government contractors and whatnot are making fortunes off of it. Officers are making careers off of it. Politicians are making votes off of it. Radical Muslim clerics are making converts and jihadists off of it.

And here we are. We've got a generation of kids that are growing up only knowing their Dads (and sometimes Moms) from Skype conversations from the Middle East and will later have to wonder why when Dad got home, he wasn't the man they said had left.

Maybe we'll be leaving Iraq soon, maybe not. Afghanistan, we should leave while we still have a country. It's been said before that Afghanistan is the anvil to which God sends empires to be broken. History agrees with that statement.

I think I'm agreeing, too.

#41 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

HUDDLER

Posted 22 June 2010 - 02:44 PM

none of it is necessary. its all about oil, drugs, money, and control. 9/11 was staged to give us a reason to go over there and fight on the behalf of big-oil and CIA drug running, just like how the gulf oil spill is being used as a false flag to push cap and trade, enabling the stuffing of more corporate pockets. thats what it all boils down to. the troops are being used as pawns to fulfill the dreams of these corrupt, power/control hungry, fascists.

this should all be completely obvious to anyone who has a brain in their head at this point. anyone who believes this whole terrorism garbage is truly a sucker. the only terrorists we have to deal with are those in the government and corporations.

Edited by venom, 22 June 2010 - 02:51 PM.

#42 Khyber53

Khyber53

I'm a believer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 June 2010 - 03:09 PM

Nah, 9/11 wasn't staged. It was wrung for every bit of juice it could offer, though.

#43 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

HUDDLER

Posted 22 June 2010 - 03:59 PM

Nah, 9/11 wasn't staged. It was wrung for every bit of juice it could offer, though.

haha well at least we agree on the exploitation of these events :D