#1 carolinapf

carolinapf

The Judge

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,019 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 11 January 2009 - 12:27 AM

Coaches...and Delhomme blew it..I'm sorry but why did we start not sticking with our usual gameplane by just pounding it during the first half...we started making ourselves a passing team....don't understand.....

#2 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 11 January 2009 - 01:35 AM

its so sad. this team had the talent to go all of the way. we had a beautiful drive to start the game. what happened? it looked like our ground game was going to be wide open? why did we do that?

#3 g-man430

g-man430

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 01:37 AM

What's there to be upset about? We made the playoffs and didn't lose one game at home during the regular season. Only one team can win out of 32 and it's not going to be us. Maybe next year it will be. Who knows.

#4 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,731 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 01:39 AM

Who cares if we went undefeated in the regular season? I'd rather have a losing record at home but win when it counts.

#5 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• HUDDLER
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 01:40 AM

What's there to be upset about? We made the playoffs and didn't lose one game at home during the regular season. Only one team can win out of 32 and it's not going to be us. Maybe next year it will be. Who knows.

Probably because we embarrassed ourselves.

#6 Superadiabatic

Superadiabatic

Resident Weather Geek

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 01:41 AM

Maybe next year it will be. Who knows.

Screw next year! I wanted to see my team play like they had some sense tonight. I get enough of "wait 'til next year" as a Gamecock fan, I hold the Panthers to a higher standard.

We had the talent this year. It was squandered tonight.

#7 g-man430

g-man430

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 01:41 AM

Yeah, so we played sucky. Every team does once in a while. Look at the Cowboys last game.

#8 g-man430

g-man430

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 01:42 AM

Screw next year! I wanted to see my team play like they had some sense tonight. I get enough of "wait 'til next year" as a Gamecock fan, I hold the Panthers to a higher standard.

We had the talent this year. It was squandered tonight.

I'm a Clemson fan. ;) :boxing_smiley:

#9 Captroop

Captroop

Pronounced, "Cat Poop"

• HUDDLER
  • 4,559 posts
  • LocationNot Telling... CatofWar might find me.

Posted 11 January 2009 - 01:45 AM

So much has to happen to build a Super Bowl team; team chemistry, avoiding the injury bug, defense, balance. We had it all. I honestly thought this was the Panther's best chance to win a Super Bowl, and will probably have been for years to come.

The window of opportunity is closing. Smitty won't be in his prime forever, Pep will eventually chase the big dollars, Williams and Stewart will eventually both want to be a starting back for one team or another. This was it, and we blew it.

And I'm with you, I have no idea why we tried to become passing team. We had that great first drive, but the rest of the first half, was just watching Jeff Davidson throw the Cats over a barrel and sodomize them. We had the 3rd best rushing team in the league. What does Davidson do? He rushes 15 times the whole freakin game! I will do unspeakable things to that man if I ever see him in person.

And blame the defense if you will, but they were on the field for 2/3 of the first half. And when your opponent's starting field position is inside your territory, ther isn't a D in the league that could keep them from scoring.

This was a dark, dark day for the franchise.

#10 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 01:52 AM

What happened is Delhomme. Plain and simple. He lost this game. You usually can't put a game on any one player, but this game is undoubtably his. The defense was put in bad positions time and time again, and as much as I think Turdo should be gone, the defense isn't the reason we lost this one.

Delhomme is the lone cause.

#11 carolinapanther4life

carolinapanther4life

Oregon's Finest

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 02:52 AM

I just hope I get to see the panthers hold that hardware up before i die

#12 Cpt slay a ho

Cpt slay a ho

Lord Flacko

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 11 January 2009 - 03:10 AM

i'm with carolina panthers 4 life.......rep

i never though i could say it but this one is all on the coaches(not so much) and jake(solely him)

#13 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,042 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 03:15 AM

We had a super bowl team, and Jake blew it.......fixed thread title for ya.

#14 Blade

Blade

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 03:17 AM

I don't think we'll ever win a title with Jake.

We all know has a few of those kinds of performances a few times every year. How unfortunate that it had to happen now. I'm still wondering why the coaches chose to abandon the running game so early.

#15 Cpt slay a ho

Cpt slay a ho

Lord Flacko

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 11 January 2009 - 04:03 AM

probably throw the cards off,set up the run by passing...but clearly we were setting up to fail

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.