• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,281 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 03:40 PM

So at work today I learned that one of my coworkers, a 42 year old woman, took a vacation day. Upon further investigation (waiting 5 seconds while her neighbor told me where she was) I learned that she was out of work so she could go watch the new Twilight movie at the Epicenter in Charlotte.

My question is... is this weird? I really found it to be almost disturbing.

#2 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,642 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 03:43 PM

I thank God my wife has zero interest in that crap.

#3 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 03:45 PM

I know a girl in her 30s who used to post on here regularly who did the same thing.

#4 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,281 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 03:48 PM

And she wasn't taking her kids. She has 3 boys. And the woman I asked said she went with one of her friends who is also an older woman.

#5 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 47,211 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 03:48 PM

I can't wait for the next Star Trek movie.

#6 CharlotteBeer.com

CharlotteBeer.com

Resident Beer Nerd

• HUDDLER
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 04:00 PM

I think it's a bit silly myself, but people like what they like.

That same lady might think it weird when we took off from work to go see grown men practicing together, as I'm sure will be the case when training camp rolls around.

#7 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,969 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 30 June 2010 - 04:00 PM

One of my wife's friends is in a "group"... something like "Twilight Moms" or some such... they went to the midnight showing last night... most of these women also do not have kids to take to see it... they're all in their early 30's with really young kids.

#8 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,870 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 30 June 2010 - 04:02 PM

I can't wait for the next Star Trek movie.

<< stoked about the live action smurfs movie

#9 CharlotteBeer.com

CharlotteBeer.com

Resident Beer Nerd

• HUDDLER
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 04:03 PM

<< stoked about the live action smurfs movie

Who's playing Smurfette?

#10 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 47,211 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 04:04 PM

Katy Perry

#11 Hugor Hill

Hugor Hill

It's not easy being drunk all the time

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,166 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 05:02 PM

most of the women on my facebook page have albums of going to see it last night. They took pics outside wearing their Twilight shirts buying tix, pics of them getting their stub, pics of them finding a seat while gawking at all the other soccer moms wearing their Twilight shirts and stuff. It's insane.

#12 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,281 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 05:09 PM

I guess women are more into romance than men, even as they get older. I admittedly know very little about Twilight, but it seems to be a "teen love fest". I just figured older people grew out of that. But I know some older people who like Harry Potter. I guess it's the same.

#13 CharlotteBeer.com

CharlotteBeer.com

Resident Beer Nerd

• HUDDLER
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 06:21 PM

I guess women are more into romance than men, even as they get older. I admittedly know very little about Twilight, but it seems to be a "teen love fest". I just figured older people grew out of that. But I know some older people who like Harry Potter. I guess it's the same.

That's the thing. As women become bored with married life (or bored with pursuing the married life), I think they long for the lust and romance of their youth.

I think that's why Twilight is a hit with women of all ages. It appeals predominantly to young women, but also to women who want to remember what that youthful love was like. Vampires just so happen to be the vehicle Meyer uses to deliver her romance. You're kidding yourself if you think these women are into vampires.

#14 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,281 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 06:27 PM

That's the thing. As women become bored with married life (or bored with pursuing the married life), I think they long for the lust and romance of their youth.

I think that's why Twilight is a hit with women of all ages. It appeals predominantly to young women, but also to women who want to remember what that youthful love was like. Vampires just so happen to be the vehicle Meyer uses to deliver her romance. You're kidding yourself if you think these women are into vampires.

You are right. I guess it's not as creepy as I originally thought. And yea I figured it definitely wasn't the vampire thing that had them hooked.

Maybe I'll read it next. :leaving:

#15 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,207 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 07:15 PM

Maybe these women are also stupid and vapid, and so they readily identify with Bella.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com