107 replies to this topic

#61 PantherBob

PantherBob

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 06:12 PM

This guy is a complete moron. Yes, Brown was only a 3rd down pass-rusher in his FIRST SEASON. That does not mean that that will be his role for the rest of his life. He is clearly progressing and should be ready to be an every-down DE sometime soon. He has a ton of upside and, if Coach Baker does a good job, we could have one of the most promising young DE's in the league. You can't possibly say that we "gave up too much for him" based on his first season in the league.

Yes, and he's going to be a 3rd down pass rusher THIS SEASON as well. If he was progressing then he would be working with the starters already.

#62 PantherBob

PantherBob

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 06:18 PM

Don't be fooled by the "talent evaluation" by professional scout GmanBob. The same guy who is shitting on Everette Brown for eternity proclaimed that Lawrence Sidbury was a "steal" for the Falcons last year. The same Lawrence Sidbury who had all of 5 tackles and one sack in his rookie season and is at least second string for the Falcons going into this year.

Yeah and 22 tackles and 2 sacks for a guy that we gave up a 1st round pick was really worth it wasnt it? The sad thing is we could have gotten Sidbury in the 4th and still gotten a good rotational guy instead of throwing a 1st round pick for one.

#63 Brandon

Brandon

Everything and Nothing

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 06:23 PM

Yes, and he's going to be a 3rd down pass rusher THIS SEASON as well. If he was progressing then he would be working with the starters already.

I wasn't aware training camp had started already...

#64 PantherBob

PantherBob

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 06:25 PM

I wasn't aware training camp had started already...

I wasnt aware it had either. But Im fully aware Johnson and Brayton will start and Brown will come in on passing situations.

#65 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,569 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 06 July 2010 - 07:10 PM

To me drafting Edwards where we did was high risk with a potential for for a high upside...kinda like picking a biotech stock that if it finds the cure for cancer the payoff will be great.The fact is he is a very exciting player that I hope can make the transition.I think they will also use him in the wildcat.The guy is a good enough of a passer to freeze those safetys.My thougts he was drafted as a project WR but a playmaker for 2010.

#66 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,166 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 07:57 PM

Yeah and 22 tackles and 2 sacks for a guy that we gave up a 1st round pick was really worth it wasnt it? The sad thing is we could have gotten Sidbury in the 4th and still gotten a good rotational guy instead of throwing a 1st round pick for one.

Since when is someone labeled as a "steal that the Panthers will regret passing on" (Sidbury, according to you) the same thing as a "good rotational guy?". Backpedaling much?

#67 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:00 PM

I wasnt aware it had either. But Im fully aware Johnson and Brayton will start and Brown will come in on passing situations.

PantherBob is on your ignore list.

^^

here people this is the solution for him.

#68 PantherBob

PantherBob

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:01 PM

Since when is someone labeled as a "steal that the Panthers will regret passing on" (Sidbury, according to you) the same thing as a "good rotational guy?". Backpedaling much?

if the panthers wanted a "good rotational" guy they should have just drafted Sidbury in the 4th round instead of trading away a 1st round pick for one. Sidbury was definitely a steal by the falcons. You'll see.....

#69 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:04 PM

haha that little sh*t negative repped me for putting him on my ignore list what a little whiny b*tch.

#70 PantherBob

PantherBob

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:07 PM

Ha ha ha ha! He's whining because he got neg repped. What a wuss!

#71 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:11 PM

Sorry cant read your posts your blocked falcon fan :)

#72 Cracka McNasty

Cracka McNasty

WWNPHD?

• HUDDLER
  • 3,580 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:13 PM

What you dont realize is that I never said he sucked or was going to suck. I said he wasnt worth what we traded to get him. Learn how to read

Armanti Edwards has Everrette Brown written all over him. He'll show a flash or two but will prove not to be worth what we gave up for him. Hopefully Hurney will be able to keep his d#ck in his pants from now on and will be able to resist the urge to trade away future high draft picks for project players.

this is your first post in the thread. in the bolded section, what i gained, was that you were saying brown was not worth the picks we used to draft him. This implies, to me, that you are jumping to conclusions after one year of watching brown play football. What we are saying is that it is too early in his career for him to be labeled "not worth what we gave up for him". odds are in your favor, but the fact is, brown is still an unknown commodity. he could turn out to be the next courtney brown, he could turn out to be dwight freeney. the fact is, we just don't know yet because it's too early to tell.

there's a right way and a wrong way to debate. getting butt hurt and calling people dipshits because you can't explain what you want to say properly is not the right way. if you felt we weren't understanding what you were saying, you should have calmly pointed out our misinterpretation and better explained how you felt. instead your e-penis grew to astronomical sizes so you had to resort to calling people names and refusing to clarify why you felt the way you did.

we don't need to learn to read, you sir, need to learn how to use the english language properly to express how you feel.

#73 PantherBob

PantherBob

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:20 PM

this is your first post in the thread. in the bolded section, what i gained, was that you were saying brown was not worth the picks we used to draft him. This implies, to me, that you are jumping to conclusions after one year of watching brown play football. What we are saying is that it is too early in his career for him to be labeled "not worth what we gave up for him". odds are in your favor, but the fact is, brown is still an unknown commodity. he could turn out to be the next courtney brown, he could turn out to be dwight freeney. the fact is, we just don't know yet because it's too early to tell.

there's a right way and a wrong way to debate. getting butt hurt and calling people dipshits because you can't explain what you want to say properly is not the right way. if you felt we weren't understanding what you were saying, you should have calmly pointed out our misinterpretation and better explained how you felt. instead your e-penis grew to astronomical sizes so you had to resort to calling people names and refusing to clarify why you felt the way you did.

we don't need to learn to read, you sir, need to learn how to use the english language properly to express how you feel.

Sorry that you have a dificult time understanding what you read. If you want I will help you find the best tutor money can buy to help you out with that problem. Everrette Brown is a 2nd round talent used on situational downs. That does not mean he is a bad player it means he was simply not worth giving up a 1st round pick for. Pretty simple to understand if you ask me.

Second, I only called him a dipshit after he called me a dumbfug. Sounds pretty simple to me. You call me a name I call you one back. Understand?

#74 Cracka McNasty

Cracka McNasty

WWNPHD?

• HUDDLER
  • 3,580 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:35 PM

Sorry that you have a dificult time understanding what you read. If you want I will help you find the best tutor money can buy to help you out with that problem. Everrette Brown is a 2nd round talent used on situational downs. That does not mean he is a bad player it means he was simply not worth giving up a 1st round pick for. Pretty simple to understand if you ask me.

Second, I only called him a dipshit after he called me a dumbf**k. Sounds pretty simple to me. You call me a name I call you one back. Understand?

I have no problems understanding what I read, but you seem to be easily offended when people don't agree with you. you did not explain your point very clearly and many others read your original post the same way I did. It's not that we are retarded, it's that you didn't word your original statement in the best way to get your point across. After going back and re-reading your post after you finally explained the way you felt in a different way, I understood what you were trying to say originally. but, i have a feeling you are one of those people that won't admit that they are ever wrong so you can just ignore this post.

also, i didn't realize the dude called you a a dumbfug so calling him a dipshit seems reasonable to me.

#75 KatsAzz

KatsAzz

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:28 PM

I am hoping AE becomes pretty comfortable by game 6. I am not looking at past rookie WR trends about production because we dont have a choice but to get our rookies involved.

I would like for AE to start and be explosive this year. But I know thats an unrealistic expectation. What did it take Smith before his abilities really started to shine, 3 years?

However,ifeel AE will get playing time just because they have no one else to stick in. So his learning curve should be pretty steep.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.