68 replies to this topic

#16 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 07:57 AM

I'll take the loser that learns. Does Fox do that? This team is the same team for 7 years now. The only time it dominated on defense was when Del Rio was here. It almost feels like Fox has coasted on Del Rio's success.

Not to mention, they dont have any clue how to use Peppers. Everybody on the team is a character player. Never playing to a players strength always making them blend into the scheme. i've said it before we do less with more.

#17 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,728 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 11 January 2009 - 08:01 AM

Not to mention, they dont have any clue how to use Peppers. Everybody on the team is a character player. Never playing to a players strength always making them blend into the scheme. i've said it before we do less with more.

You may be right about this, though I am sure many fans will refuse to admit it. I have thought this same thing, but have never been able to sum it up and put it all together until now. You just may be absolutely right.

#18 PantherDude

PantherDude

Best of luck, Coach Fox!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,373 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 08:37 AM

No way do I ever want Cowher. This guy want to be GM beside a coach if he was to take over. Beside, I don't want to wait like 10 or 15 yrs. to win a Superbowl. Do some of you guys really want to wait that long for one? :mad:

#19 MyDrunkardNC

MyDrunkardNC

Nervous Farter

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 08:41 AM

Not happening, nor should it.

Trgovac should go, but not Fox. And I'm not a big fan of starting completely from scratch coaching wise after a season like we just had.

Good points. Also Cowher's teams had plenty of playoff meltdowns before the SB win.

#20 flex

flex

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 08:49 AM

I say,hmmmmmm I dont know what the f*ck to say, Im still in shock!

#21 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 08:49 AM

No way do I ever want Cowher. This guy want to be GM beside a coach if he was to take over. Beside, I don't want to wait like 10 or 15 yrs. to win a Superbowl. Do some of you guys really want to wait that long for one? :mad:

10-15 years with this group won't give us anything.

#22 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 08:51 AM

Good points. Also Cowher's teams had plenty of playoff meltdowns before the SB win.

Cowher had a bunch of Delhomme QB's for much of his career. Had one of those guys panned out, Cowher would have a few more rings.

#23 Bama Panther

Bama Panther

USAF JAG

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 08:53 AM

At the end of the day, after all is said and done, what's the difference between a coach that "isn't prepared, and doesn't win," and a coach that is prepared, but still doesn't win?

They're both losers.

I'll tell you the difference.

The coach that "isn't prepared and doesn't win" takes the blame for that loss. It is his fault that his team did not performe well. He may have the better team talent-wise, but his lack of preparedness ruins it.

The coach that "is prepared, but still doesn't win" has a problem with the players on the team. However, regardless of the talent, his team still comes out with the same intensity every single game. You have no instances of peak performance one week followed by absolute dogcrap the next. The thing with this type coach is that . . . the players can be changed.

#24 SKULL

SKULL

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 09:21 AM

Cowher also had 2 of the CARDS coaches on his staff

A Coach is only as good as the coaches he surrounds himself with

#25 tlancaster

tlancaster

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 09:24 AM

Bring on Cowher and let's get Moore ready to run the ship!!!!!!:mad:

#26 fitty76

fitty76

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 09:29 AM

I love how Bill Cowher is Vince Lombardi after ONE Super Bowl win. This guy lost 4 AFC Championship games at HOME. But everyone forgets that because he won ONE Super Bowl.

#27 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 46,795 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 09:35 AM

Cowher also had 2 of the CARDS coaches on his staff

A Coach is only as good as the coaches he surrounds himself with

Wasn't Capers under Cowher?

#28 PFFC

PFFC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • LocationTorrance, California

Posted 11 January 2009 - 09:40 AM

BIG Jake and Fox supporter here...but there just has to be a change after last night...just has to.

New head coach...and QB...please

#29 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 09:42 AM

I love how Bill Cowher is Vince Lombardi after ONE Super Bowl win. This guy lost 4 AFC Championship games at HOME. But everyone forgets that because he won ONE Super Bowl.

if you go down with a good fight and bring some intensity, oh well you just lost. but to go down in the second quarter of a playoff game in a blowout is rediculous at this stage. Something is seriously wrong. Every damn one of us knew this could happen because we've seen it over and over. I honestly thought it would go down to the last second field goal to Kasey which we've been conditioned for....Bring on Cowher.

#30 SKULL

SKULL

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 09:46 AM

Wasn't Capers under Cowher?

Yeah 2 seasons

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.