Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bad News for Bobcats: Tyrus Thomas is now a WANTED MAN!!!

44 posts in this topic

Posted

The Timberwolves, Nuggets, Knicks and Nets are all said to be interested in restricted free agent Tyrus Thomas.

Thomas supposedly has a great relationship with coach Larry Brown and could finally be ready for a breakout season in Charlotte. They want to keep him, but with the offers flying around in Day 1 of free agency, Thomas could get a much bigger offer than the Cats were planning on.

Source: Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter

Posted

this is one hell of a time to have next to no cap room

Posted

He isn't going anywhere. The Bobs may have to pay a bit more to keep him but they won't let him walk for nothing.

He arguably has much more value if he has a breakout season this season and enters unrestricted FA next season.

Posted

Best thing we can do is lock him up before another team gives him an offer sheet. The Griz did it with Gay, we need to do it with Thomas.

Posted

Better not let him walk. Cats gave up Flip to get him.

Posted

We gave up a first for this guy, if we lose him, that's a big loss.

Posted

I guarantee that the FO has been on the phones like a Jerry's Kid's telethon worker. I bet they are trying to move Boris Diaw and Tyson Chandler. I still think Detroit and Toronto are prime trading partners. Toronto has Ed Davis and Amir Johnson at the PF position and having a vet like Boris could intrigue them. Maybe Reggie Evans and Jarrett Jack for Boris Diaw. Then some convoluted 3 team trade.

TC to Detroit, Tayshaun Prince to the Clippers, Chris Wilcox and Jason Maxiell to Charlotte.

22 million going out and 18 million coming in and some of the difference going to locking up TT. Used realgm and they both work for what that is worth. Lastly a sign and trade of Ray Ray to the Pacers for Dahntey Jones and we are done.

Posted

Phoenix is rumored to have interest in Tyrus since Amare is now not an option.

Posted

hes a max contract guy...

Posted

I wouldn't be surprised to see a team offer him 5 years 50 million or something around there.

Posted

I guarantee that the FO has been on the phones like a Jerry's Kid's telethon worker. I bet they are trying to move Boris Diaw and Tyson Chandler. I still think Detroit and Toronto are prime trading partners. Toronto has Ed Davis and Amir Johnson at the PF position and having a vet like Boris could intrigue them. Maybe Reggie Evans and Jarrett Jack for Boris Diaw. Then some convoluted 3 team trade.

TC to Detroit, Tayshaun Prince to the Clippers, Chris Wilcox and Jason Maxiell to Charlotte.

22 million going out and 18 million coming in and some of the difference going to locking up TT. Used realgm and they both work for what that is worth. Lastly a sign and trade of Ray Ray to the Pacers for Dahntey Jones and we are done.

Who the f_ck wants Jarrett Jack?

Do you guys know anything?

Posted

Who the F_ck are you? I do know that on a subpar team with only one All-Star Jarrett Jack averaged 11pts and 5 assists sharing time with Jose Calderon. In other words with less minutes and undeniably less talent at SG and SF than Raymond had to work with he had only 1 pt and .6 assists less. Lastly Jack is an ACC alumni who just so happens to be an affordable PG with experience. Don't be that guy. Pop in talk schit and then leave without blessing us with what by your estimation is an extensive and unparalleled knowledge of the game.