Photo
- - - - -

Bad News for Bobcats: Tyrus Thomas is now a WANTED MAN!!!

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,446 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 01 July 2010 - 08:46 PM

The Timberwolves, Nuggets, Knicks and Nets are all said to be interested in restricted free agent Tyrus Thomas.

Thomas supposedly has a great relationship with coach Larry Brown and could finally be ready for a breakout season in Charlotte. They want to keep him, but with the offers flying around in Day 1 of free agency, Thomas could get a much bigger offer than the Cats were planning on.

Source: Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter

Edited by CarolinaPanthers8789, 01 July 2010 - 08:53 PM.

#2 tarheelpride

tarheelpride

Logic is optional

• HUDDLER
  • 2,918 posts
  • LocationMiddle of Nowhere, NC

Posted 01 July 2010 - 08:52 PM

this is one hell of a time to have next to no cap room

Edited by tarheelpride, 01 July 2010 - 09:02 PM.

#3 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,310 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 08:56 PM

He isn't going anywhere. The Bobs may have to pay a bit more to keep him but they won't let him walk for nothing.

He arguably has much more value if he has a breakout season this season and enters unrestricted FA next season.

#4 BF91

BF91

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 08:57 PM

Best thing we can do is lock him up before another team gives him an offer sheet. The Griz did it with Gay, we need to do it with Thomas.

#5 necroplasm

necroplasm

• HUDDLER
  • 2,092 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:32 PM

Better not let him walk. Cats gave up Flip to get him.

#6 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,669 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:37 PM

We gave up a first for this guy, if we lose him, that's a big loss.

#7 mick eye

mick eye

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 12:12 AM

I guarantee that the FO has been on the phones like a Jerry's Kid's telethon worker. I bet they are trying to move Boris Diaw and Tyson Chandler. I still think Detroit and Toronto are prime trading partners. Toronto has Ed Davis and Amir Johnson at the PF position and having a vet like Boris could intrigue them. Maybe Reggie Evans and Jarrett Jack for Boris Diaw. Then some convoluted 3 team trade.
TC to Detroit, Tayshaun Prince to the Clippers, Chris Wilcox and Jason Maxiell to Charlotte.

22 million going out and 18 million coming in and some of the difference going to locking up TT. Used realgm and they both work for what that is worth. Lastly a sign and trade of Ray Ray to the Pacers for Dahntey Jones and we are done.

#8 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,446 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 04:21 PM

Phoenix is rumored to have interest in Tyrus since Amare is now not an option.

#9 theedaddy

theedaddy

living in the present

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 04:24 PM

hes a max contract guy...

#10 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,329 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 02 July 2010 - 04:44 PM

I wouldn't be surprised to see a team offer him 5 years 50 million or something around there.

#11 EC123

EC123

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 03:24 PM

I guarantee that the FO has been on the phones like a Jerry's Kid's telethon worker. I bet they are trying to move Boris Diaw and Tyson Chandler. I still think Detroit and Toronto are prime trading partners. Toronto has Ed Davis and Amir Johnson at the PF position and having a vet like Boris could intrigue them. Maybe Reggie Evans and Jarrett Jack for Boris Diaw. Then some convoluted 3 team trade.
TC to Detroit, Tayshaun Prince to the Clippers, Chris Wilcox and Jason Maxiell to Charlotte.

22 million going out and 18 million coming in and some of the difference going to locking up TT. Used realgm and they both work for what that is worth. Lastly a sign and trade of Ray Ray to the Pacers for Dahntey Jones and we are done.

Who the f_ck wants Jarrett Jack?

Do you guys know anything?

#12 mick eye

mick eye

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 04:01 PM

Who the F_ck are you? I do know that on a subpar team with only one All-Star Jarrett Jack averaged 11pts and 5 assists sharing time with Jose Calderon. In other words with less minutes and undeniably less talent at SG and SF than Raymond had to work with he had only 1 pt and .6 assists less. Lastly Jack is an ACC alumni who just so happens to be an affordable PG with experience. Don't be that guy. Pop in talk schit and then leave without blessing us with what by your estimation is an extensive and unparalleled knowledge of the game.

#13 EC123

EC123

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 04:19 PM

Who the F_ck are you? I do know that on a subpar team with only one All-Star Jarrett Jack averaged 11pts and 5 assists sharing time with Jose Calderon. In other words with less minutes and undeniably less talent at SG and SF than Raymond had to work with he had only 1 pt and .6 assists less. Lastly Jack is an ACC alumni who just so happens to be an affordable PG with experience. Don't be that guy. Pop in talk schit and then leave without blessing us with what by your estimation is an extensive and unparalleled knowledge of the game.

"Who are you" is a question that idiots ask as if "WHO" ever matters more than "WHAT, HOW, OR WHY".

If the Bobcats had a brain, they would be focusing their attention on the Center position. Those are harder to come by than a "SERVICEABLE" PG.

They could make it through a season with PGs as weak as Augustin and either Pargo or Collins. If they want to CHANGE their roster, they need to make sure they sign Thomas and somebody like Al Jefferson.

Not even Chris Paul would change this team's fortunes dramatically without a dominant inside force, because Jackson and Wallace aren't good enough at the 2 and 3 to overcome the void in the middle, particularly in the conference with Dwight Howard...that is if you ever want to do something other than just barely make the Playoffs.

Edited by EC123, 05 July 2010 - 04:22 PM.

#14 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,446 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 04:30 PM

"Who are you" is a question that idiots ask as if "WHO" ever matters more than "WHAT, HOW, OR WHY".

If the Bobcats had a brain, they would be focusing their attention on the Center position. Those are harder to come by than a "SERVICEABLE" PG.

They could make it through a season with PGs as weak as Augustin and either Pargo or Collins. If they want to CHANGE their roster, they need to make sure they sign Thomas and somebody like Al Jefferson.

Not even Chris Paul would change this team's fortunes dramatically without a dominant inside force, because Jackson and Wallace aren't good enough at the 2 and 3 to overcome the void in the middle, particularly in the conference with Dwight Howard...that is if you ever want to do something other than just barely make the Playoffs.

Yeah your right a Center is much more important than a floor general.

1. Thats why the Celtics have Rajon Rondo all-star point guard and Kendrick Perkins as there Center.
2. Thats why the Lakers have Derek Fisher one of the most underrated point guards in the league and Andrew Bynum at Center.
3. Derrick Rose and Jokaim Noah in Chicago
4. Brandon Jennings and Andrew Bogut in Milwaukee
5. In Utah Deron Williams and Okur
6. Chauncey Billups and Nene in Denver

I could go on and on but the point is there is no since in having a big man if you can't get the ball to him

i.e. Tyson Chandler with Chris Paul- GOOD
i.e. Tyson Chandler with out Chris Paul- BAD

#15 EC123

EC123

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 04:39 PM

Yeah your right a Center is much more important than a floor general.

1. Thats why the Celtics have Rajon Rondo all-star point guard and Kendrick Perkins as there Center.
2. Thats why the Lakers have Derek Fisher one of the most underrated point guards in the league and Andrew Bynum at Center.
3. Derrick Rose and Jokaim Noah in Chicago
4. Brandon Jennings and Andrew Bogut in Milwaukee
5. In Utah Deron Williams and Okur
6. Chauncey Billups and Nene in Denver

I could go on and on but the point is there is no since in having a big man if you can't get the ball to him

i.e. Tyson Chandler with Chris Paul- GOOD
i.e. Tyson Chandler with out Chris Paul- BAD

Evidently, you have ZERO critical thinking skills.

How many of those teams won the Championship this year or last?

The Lakers won with Derek Fisher who is a SERVICEABLE point guard. Not overly talented, but reliable. They dominated other teams in the paint.

Miami won it with who as their PG? Don't know, but they had Wade and Shaq.

The Celtics won it with Avery Johnson at the point, before they ever heard of a Tony Parker.

Billups has always been a "SERVICEABLE" PG, and by that, I mean, he's not a Chris Paul, Derrick Rose, or Derron Williams type of Guard. He's a guy who walks the ball up the court and can hit a three pointer, just like Fisher.

The Bulls won with Paxson and Kerr. Again, guys who were not the iconic Isaiah Thomas types.

Having a great PG would always be good if you can get one. In the NBA, it's never more important than being able to control the game on the inside (unless you have outstanding wings, which the Bobcats do not).

Apparently you are more concerned with FLAIR than EFFICIENCY. When your "FLAIR" PGs start winning Championships, then you might have a point.

How many Championships has Steve Nash won? If they had two dominant players in the inside, they'd have gotten by the Lakers and the Spurs at least once. For some reason, Shaq and Duncan were just too much for them to overcome, even though Nash was light years better than Fisher.

Get Thomas and Jefferson, then sign whatever Point Guard you can find...if you want a team that can threaten in the Eastern Conference.

Going PG first, is backwards thinking.

You want to make EVERY POSITION on the Bobcats better? You want to make the offense more efficient? Sign Al Jefferson and watch the floor open up.

A great point guard OVERCOMES problems by creating offense where none exists. An efficient inside threat SOLVES offensive problems, particularly on a team like the Bobcats where none of the players that you do have are too creative.

Edited by EC123, 05 July 2010 - 04:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users