Photo
- - - - -

If Wake beats UNC tonight...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
58 replies to this topic

#46 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,410 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 08:54 AM

Teague was pushing off very frequently, none were called, Graves two handed pushed out of bounds, wake ball no foul, wake player takes danny green to the floor, called out of bounds to wake, ellington fouled a multitude of times when driving to the basket, only 1 was called, the stupid double foul that was absolutely nothing was for some reason called when neither player did anything giving Hans his fourth foul i believe , i can go on but they were blatently biased towards wake by a mile and a half

:rolleyes:

#47 AppStatePanther

AppStatePanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 09:13 AM

huggy, that gave hans his third foul, and it was mainly because the ref had warned them earlier. they were getting way too aggresive in the low post... methinks because hansy was frustrated out of his mind. The only thing i saw that suprised me (not carolina's defense, its usually this bad) was that this is the first time that i have seen the game called relatively evenly

meaning carolina had players in foul trouble for once, even though two of wakes big men were fouled out. GO FIGURE

and that 3 by hansy was just icing on the cake

#48 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • 3,391 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 09:19 AM

I'm a UNC fan and I'm starting to see a little connection between Roy and John Fox. Both have a hard time in getting their teams motivated for a damn game. UNC cant run a half court set to save their lives and OMG the Panthers playcalling is beyond belief.

#49 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,883 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 11:13 AM

28 fouls called against UNC, 27 against Wake. Yea, the refs were definitely biased against you guys. :eek:

The game was called tight, a lot of fouls were called, but it was called even.

I don't like to harp on refs, but what was up with them calling 3 straight fouls on one possession when UNC was ahead to put Wake into the one and one? The announcers said they wanted to make a statement, well they made it.

Either way, it was a good game. UNC didn't embarrass itself like the Panthers did.

#50 Luc21

Luc21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 01:27 PM

UNC to play like total crap and 5 on 8 and still have a shot at winning in the end is OK by me, its dissapointing but just soooo much against us tonight

WEAK....Why do people have some much trouble just giving credit where it is due??? Wake is a very very very good team. They will not go undefeated this year, but they will give Duke, Carolina and all the other top teams in the ACC and the country a run for their money each time. Wake was the better team last night, without a question. That is the first time since Hans was a freshman that he has been on the verge of fouling out. Wake still had more people foul out than Carolina I believe and as someone already pointed out the fouls called were dead even.

#51 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,503 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 04:44 PM

I don't like to harp on refs, but what was up with them calling 3 straight fouls on one possession when UNC was ahead to put Wake into the one and one? The announcers said they wanted to make a statement, well they made it.

Either way, it was a good game. UNC didn't embarrass itself like the Panthers did.

It was a good game, and I think both of these teams will improve. Wake's freshmen (Aminu and Woods) have a lot to learn, and UNC will improve once Ginyard comes back.

#52 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,883 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:28 PM

It was a good game, and I think both of these teams will improve. Wake's freshmen (Aminu and Woods) have a lot to learn, and UNC will improve once Ginyard comes back.

UNC has more to deal with than just getting Ginyard back. Granted he is our best defender, but he can't guard all 5 positions at the same time. Not to mention that I think some of our players are treating this year as a tryout of sorts for the NBA, by "showcasing" their skills. I've noticed that Lawson is trying to do a little bit too much on the offensive end, he's pushing himself too fast and too hard. Ellington hasn't been on all year long, and Hansbrough needs to stick closer to the basket and stop launching 3's.

That said, I was very impressed with Teagues, that dude can flat out play. Aminu's got real potential too. If it weren't for the relative youth of your team, I would put you in the final four right now.

#53 PlayMoore!

PlayMoore!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 10:13 PM

despite what anybody says, our team will look completely different when Ginyard comes back. All those points teague had, you can subtract quite a few with ginyard on him. You will see, the heels will be back looking like number 1 when Ginyard comes back. Having said that, wake did play very well and I won't take anything away from them. But if ginyard had played I think the heels would have taken it.

#54 Britneck

Britneck

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 09:36 AM

Every year it is something. Last year it was Lawson and now its gonna be Ginyard. What happened to we are like 50 deep and no ones gonna be able to stop us? Except your losses and quit making excuses. You would have lost with or without Ginyard.

Edited by Britneck, 13 January 2009 - 10:06 AM.

#55 PlayMoore!

PlayMoore!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 10:03 AM

Every year it is something. Last year it was Lawson and now its gonna be Ginyard. What happened to we are like 50 deep and no ones gonna be able to stop us? Except your losses and quit making excuses. You would have lost with or without Gintard.

what happened to us being like 50 deep is Ginyard being hurt and Zeller the 7 footer that was going to help in depth at the big man was injured for the season. I'm not making excuses and I have accepted the loss. However, I am making a statement that when Ginyard gets back we will look like a different team. Whether you're a duke fan or whoever you cheer for I don't care, you have to admit that missing a first team all acc defender last year IS a big deal.

#56 tarheelpride

tarheelpride

Logic is optional

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,919 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 12:08 PM

the ACC will be hell for the Heels..i didn't expect them to waltz through the conference, bu ti didn't see us struggling either

#57 Britneck

Britneck

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 12:18 PM

Wake was not a bad loss. They are a great team. But losing to BC. Thats pretty bad. If you guys lose to Virginia on thursday. Then i would start to worry.

#58 Cuttinedge

Cuttinedge

• ALL-PRO
  • 438 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 07:11 PM

Every year it is something. Last year it was Lawson and now its gonna be Ginyard. What happened to we are like 50 deep and no ones gonna be able to stop us? Except your losses and quit making excuses. You would have lost with or without Ginyard.

I'm not going to say Ginyard would have changed anyhing, cause the fact of the matter is You shoot 20% in the 2nd half and 30% for the whole game YOU lose to almost everyone in the ACC.

UNC's achilles heel poor outside shooting . IF and if ands ands buts are like candy and nuts. But IF UNC would have shot just 30 % in the 2nd half as good as Wake played they would have lost.
I know alot of UNC's poor shooting was due to Wake's defense the wide open shots they had were missed cause they suck sometimes...LMAO.
I'd rather them peak later in the year than now anyway...hopefully they will

#59 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,503 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 08:58 PM

I'm not going to say Ginyard would have changed anyhing, cause the fact of the matter is You shoot 20% in the 2nd half and 30% for the whole game YOU lose to almost everyone in the ACC.

UNC's achilles heel poor outside shooting . IF and if ands ands buts are like candy and nuts. But IF UNC would have shot just 30 % in the 2nd half as good as Wake played they would have lost.
I know alot of UNC's poor shooting was due to Wake's defense the wide open shots they had were missed cause they suck sometimes...LMAO.
I'd rather them peak later in the year than now anyway...hopefully they will

UNC is second in the conference in 3pt shooting. I don't think you can say its an achilles heel, unless you mean specifically for this game. But I will point out that Wakes perimeter defense is number 2 in the conference as well.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com