80 replies to this topic

#1 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,472 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 07:03 PM

Is what they say yet 14% of them are unemployed and another 23% are not looking for a job. Add to that they prob will be coming out of collage with student load debts over 100,000+ dollars(I could not find any hard figures but its not any less then this) makes the the deal sound so much sweeter. So really you cant work at KFC because your over qualified and you cant work at Bank of America because they are not hiring. Sounds like such a great advantage.....

#2 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

• HUDDLER
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 07:08 PM

Posted Image

Couldn't help myself.

#3 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,505 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 07:13 PM

ouch.

#4 PanthersFanNY

PanthersFanNY

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 07:13 PM

$100,000 in debt? Maybe if you went to an expensive private school, got no scholarships, and no help from your parents.

#5 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

• HUDDLER
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 07:17 PM

But hey, the big ole Gov. is hirin'!

#6 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,416 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 07:47 PM

$100,000 in debt? Maybe if you went to an expensive private school, got no scholarships, and no help from your parents.

If you finance everything even at a public college, it could cost at least 100 or more. I checked UNC-G recently just to know how much my son will need in 7 years, and it was 23 thousand a year.

Edited by Davidson Deac II, 07 July 2010 - 08:07 PM.

#7 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,472 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:11 PM

If you finance everything even at a public college, it could cost at least 100 or more. I checked UNC-G recently just to know how much my son will need in 7 years, and it was 23 thousand a year.

You have to think also how many kids have to do that also. Somehow flipping burgers dont sound so bad if your dept free while your friend cant get a job and is eyeball up in dept. Just another thing wrong with America. You go over to India and can get a PHD for about half what you would here and still can get the same job.

#8 Saint J

Saint J

Banned

• Banned
  • 4,192 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:13 PM

Lots of kids in the south go to schools in different states on OOS scholarships yet end up losing them a year or two in and end up paying the full OOS tuition.

#9 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,716 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:14 PM

Apprencticeship for the win.

#10 Dingo_ate_Babies

Dingo_ate_Babies

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:16 PM

Your paying for more than just a degree/education. Your also paying for the whole college experience (which varies depending on the school).

#11 ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

Insane Racist Moron

• HUDDLER
  • 6,147 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:30 PM

Paid my way on my own. No savings, no scholarships, no loans........took longer, but also no debt when I finished.

#12 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,416 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:43 PM

You have to think also how many kids have to do that also. Somehow flipping burgers dont sound so bad if your dept free while your friend cant get a job and is eyeball up in dept. Just another thing wrong with America. You go over to India and can get a PHD for about half what you would here and still can get the same job.

Four years in India would be torture to me. Four years in Sweden I could deal with. :)

#13 mr beauxjangles

mr beauxjangles

Large Member

• HUDDLER
  • 3,373 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:15 PM

Four years in India would be torture to me. Four years in Sweden I could deal with. :)

Posted Image

#14 House

House

Fly Navy

• HUDDLER
  • 2,481 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 06:14 PM

Your paying for more than just a degree/education. Your also paying for the whole college experience (which varies depending on the school).

So part of the $23,000 a year goes into being able to hang out with a bunch of douche bags and get high and/or drunk all day? With the distinct hope of crushing some tail in the process?

fug that.

Join the military.

I got paid $18,0000 just for signing on the dotted line. Earned $19,000 year 1, $23,000 year 2, and $25,0000 years 3 & 4. All living expenses paid for plus medical and dental. Got a whole lot better experience traveling the world. Guam, Saipan, Tinian, Japan, Hong Kong, Korea, Philipines, Australia, Singapore, Dubia, Russia, Iraq, Kuwait, and more.
Scored with more tail than probably all of you fugers put together x2 and drank so much the lining of my stomach is beyond repair.

Plus when I so decide, college is paid for plus $1000 a semester for books and the equivelancy of E-5 housing allowance to pay for my mortgage. Which is actually more than my mortgage so I will be making bank.

Join the Navy. Live life. Go to college when you realize why you should go and what you want to do.

#15 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,512 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 06:18 PM

Stayed in state and got 3/4's of my tuition covered.

College cost me about $8K.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.