Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Collage educated people are better off.

81 posts in this topic

Posted

Is what they say yet 14% of them are unemployed and another 23% are not looking for a job. Add to that they prob will be coming out of collage with student load debts over 100,000+ dollars(I could not find any hard figures but its not any less then this) makes the the deal sound so much sweeter. So really you cant work at KFC because your over qualified and you cant work at Bank of America because they are not hiring. Sounds like such a great advantage.....

Posted

BQcDAAAAAwoDanBnAAAABC5vdXQKFm92V0lzWXFCM2hHWWc0QURkMUx1bEEAAAACaWQKAXgAAAAEc2l6ZQ.jpg

Couldn't help myself.

1 person likes this

Posted

ouch.

Posted

$100,000 in debt? Maybe if you went to an expensive private school, got no scholarships, and no help from your parents.

Posted

But hey, the big ole Gov. is hirin'!

Posted

$100,000 in debt? Maybe if you went to an expensive private school, got no scholarships, and no help from your parents.

If you finance everything even at a public college, it could cost at least 100 or more. I checked UNC-G recently just to know how much my son will need in 7 years, and it was 23 thousand a year.

Posted

If you finance everything even at a public college, it could cost at least 100 or more. I checked UNC-G recently just to know how much my son will need in 7 years, and it was 23 thousand a year.

You have to think also how many kids have to do that also. Somehow flipping burgers dont sound so bad if your dept free while your friend cant get a job and is eyeball up in dept. Just another thing wrong with America. You go over to India and can get a PHD for about half what you would here and still can get the same job.

Posted

Lots of kids in the south go to schools in different states on OOS scholarships yet end up losing them a year or two in and end up paying the full OOS tuition.

Posted

Apprencticeship for the win.

Posted

Your paying for more than just a degree/education. Your also paying for the whole college experience (which varies depending on the school).

Posted

Paid my way on my own. No savings, no scholarships, no loans........took longer, but also no debt when I finished.

Posted

You have to think also how many kids have to do that also. Somehow flipping burgers dont sound so bad if your dept free while your friend cant get a job and is eyeball up in dept. Just another thing wrong with America. You go over to India and can get a PHD for about half what you would here and still can get the same job.

Four years in India would be torture to me. Four years in Sweden I could deal with. :)