• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Snake

Collage educated people are better off.

Your mistake is thinking college is necessary for that. If you have the drugs, all the rest comes with it. :)

LOL this is so true.... 4 years after college I was still living that life style and not having to take 5 test a day.

If you finance everything even at a public college, it could cost at least 100 or more. I checked UNC-G recently just to know how much my son will need in 7 years, and it was 23 thousand a year.

I seriously doubt this. Right now, tuition plus room and board is 10,669 at UNCG. There is no way the cost to attend will more than double in 7 years because tuition increases are capped at a rate of 6.5%.. Out of state students pay about $23,000 so perhaps that is what you were looking at.

I seriously doubt this. Right now, tuition plus room and board is 10,669 at UNCG. There is no way the cost to attend will more than double in 7 years because tuition increases are capped at a rate of 6.5%.. Out of state students pay about $23,000 so perhaps that is what you were looking at.

Actually, I was confusing it with High Point, a local college we were looking at. Even so, if we financed the whole four years at UNC-G, Its probably going to be 50-60 thousand in 6 years.

Of course, I don't plan on my son having to finance anything, as we have been saving for college for a few years now. But I could see others who don't have financial support from their parents having a large debt load when they get out of school.

generally speaking, college is the biggest scam of all time.

generally speaking, college is the biggest scam of all time.

after going through it myself, I definitely agree with this. It gives you a leg up over people without degrees in landing some positions, but it does nothing to prepare you for the workplace.

College is what it is. Only a fool would think that college guarantees you anything. If you look at it as job preparation, well it depends on what you want to do. How many people would want a doctor who was a high school graduate only?

But I do agree that to many jobs make a degree a requirement when it really shouldn't be. My job requires a degree, but I don't think its necessary to do the job. All I really need is a good understanding of how TCP/IP works, and some common sense.

college is great for some...but there is also such a huge shortage in trades people that you can pretty much finish high school and start working and making money while working towards a journeyman's ticket! Around here, high school grads are making 6 figures if they want to.

college is great for some...but there is also such a huge shortage in trades people that you can pretty much finish high school and start working and making money while working towards a journeyman's ticket! Around here, high school grads are making 6 figures if they want to.

Are you including the figures after the decimal? :)

I paid my way thru school. Didn't get to finish because I had too many real life bills going on at the same time.

Day in, day out, I eat the lunch of the degree folks in terms of solving all kinds of complicated problems and issues.

At times, you get conditioned depending upon your training and certain behaviors are instilled that could limit your growth.

We have an odd society. No degrees in some fields garner enormous amounts of money while others don't that should.

It just depends on what you do with what u got.

Are you including the figures after the decimal? :)

ummm...ya...and with a little effort and if you're willing to take some shitty jobs in remote locations, often the first number is getting really close to being a 2 as well!

College is what it is. Only a fool would think that college guarantees you anything. If you look at it as job preparation, well it depends on what you want to do. How many people would want a doctor who was a high school graduate only?

But I do agree that to many jobs make a degree a requirement when it really shouldn't be. My job requires a degree, but I don't think its necessary to do the job. All I really need is a good understanding of how TCP/IP works, and some common sense.

Well see this is where my point started out. Who do you think can teach your job better. You or a teacher that has never really did your job. I think teachers are important in Math,English,and History, but beyond that there is nothing better then hands on learning from someone in that business.

My degree in English is uber-awesome in my field. :lol:

My degree in English landed me a teaching job. Better than the restaurant industry which I worked for half the pay I make now and put up w/ a bunch of bullshyte from the public.

College paid off for me. If it's for you, go for it; if college (or collage) isn't your thing, then don't go.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Uwontdoit81

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts