• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#16 Dingo_ate_Babies

Dingo_ate_Babies

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 06:37 PM

So part of the $23,000 a year goes into being able to hang out with a bunch of douche bags and get high and/or drunk all day? With the distinct hope of crushing some tail in the process?

fug that.

Join the military.

I got paid $18,0000 just for signing on the dotted line. Earned $19,000 year 1, $23,000 year 2, and $25,0000 years 3 & 4. All living expenses paid for plus medical and dental. Got a whole lot better experience traveling the world. Guam, Saipan, Tinian, Japan, Hong Kong, Korea, Philipines, Australia, Singapore, Dubia, Russia, Iraq, Kuwait, and more.
Scored with more tail than probably all of you fugers put together x2 and drank so much the lining of my stomach is beyond repair.

Plus when I so decide, college is paid for plus $1000 a semester for books and the equivelancy of E-5 housing allowance to pay for my mortgage. Which is actually more than my mortgage so I will be making bank.

Join the Navy. Live life. Go to college when you realize why you should go and what you want to do.

lol..funny thing is..I recently ran into one of my old friends from high school who joined the navy..said alot of the same things...but when you listen to him long enough....you realize how brainwashed he was...it was all a ploy to convince you to join....

#17 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 08 July 2010 - 07:54 PM

oh yeah well i got paid $6,000,000 to go to college and the bush twins double teamed me and i drank all the alcohol in the world and now i'm the president of mexico it was so boss bro

#18 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 07:59 PM

Yeah, so everyone just get your high school diploma. That'll be the key to your lifelong success!

#19 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,318 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 08:01 PM

lol..funny thing is..I recently ran into one of my old friends from high school who joined the navy..said alot of the same things...but when you listen to him long enough....you realize how brainwashed he was...it was all a ploy to convince you to join....

Its only a ploy if they don't deliver. I got 800 a month for three years to go to college. The young people in class with me were scraping to get by, while I was driving a new Harley to school every day. :)

Well, I did have a full time job as well, but the 800 a month sure was nice.

And honestly, being in the Navy was a far better experience than college ever could have been. Traveled all over Europe and Asia, lived in Hawaii for three years, and in the Middle East for a year, and got paid to do it.

Of course, its certainly not for everyone, but I wouldn't trade the experience for four years in college when I was 18-22.

#20 House

House

Fly Navy

• HUDDLER
  • 2,481 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 08:14 PM

The funny thing is that you have been brainwashed by a section of society that believes that the military is full of brain-dead zombies.

I am sure that you had a ton of fun at whatever college you so chose to attend. I am sure that it was cool drinking with a bunch of dudes in "girl pants" with Justin Beiber haircuts and 4 collared shirts on at one time. I bet it was awesome to watch as some chick got drunk and railed the entire DL. I bet that one of the greatest days of your life was the day that you got really wasted at a party and set fire to some dudes face while trying to blow a flame out of your mouth using 151 and a lighter.

That all sounds like a great fuging time.

It doesn't sound like somewhere I would spend $23,000 dollars a year to hang out at.

#21 House

House

Fly Navy

• HUDDLER
  • 2,481 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 08:19 PM

Its only a ploy if they don't deliver. I got 800 a month for three years to go to college. The young people in class with me were scraping to get by, while I was driving a new Harley to school every day. :)

Well, I did have a full time job as well, but the 800 a month sure was nice.

And honestly, being in the Navy was a far better experience than college ever could have been. Traveled all over Europe and Asia, lived in Hawaii for three years, and in the Middle East for a year, and got paid to do it.

Of course, its certainly not for everyone, but I wouldn't trade the experience for four years in college when I was 18-22.

The "new" GI Bill is definitely a huge upgrade over what they used to offer.

They could still probably go a little bit further with some benefits but I won't complain too much about what they are giving out now.

#22 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,554 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 08:35 PM

Stayed in state and got 3/4's of my tuition covered.

College cost me about $8K.

Full ride there, and even if I didn't...freakin' parking cost more there than many of my friends paid for tuition at other places.

Totally worth it.

The funny thing is that you have been brainwashed by a section of society that believes that the military is full of brain-dead zombies.

I am sure that you had a ton of fun at whatever college you so chose to attend. I am sure that it was cool drinking with a bunch of dudes in "girl pants" with Justin Beiber haircuts and 4 collared shirts on at one time. I bet it was awesome to watch as some chick got drunk and railed the entire DL. I bet that one of the greatest days of your life was the day that you got really wasted at a party and set fire to some dudes face while trying to blow a flame out of your mouth using 151 and a lighter.

It doesn't sound like somewhere I would spend $23,000 dollars a year to hang out at.

You were there, too?? Rafe sure threw some kickass parties!

#23 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,479 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 08:40 PM

Is what they say yet 14% of them are unemployed and another 23% are not looking for a job. Add to that they prob will be coming out of collage with student load debts over 100,000+ dollars(I could not find any hard figures but its not any less then this) makes the the deal sound so much sweeter. So really you cant work at KFC because your over qualified and you cant work at Bank of America because they are not hiring. Sounds like such a great advantage.....

College? Let's just get through middle school here, big guy.

#24 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,435 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 08:40 PM

Bear's parties on King St were awesome. I got really good at stairwell sex there.

Oh and 54 Cannon my freshman year. Having 6-8 kegs at once was just unbelievable for an 18 year old.

#25 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,554 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 08:45 PM

Vanderhorst and Warren Place!

#26 Dingo_ate_Babies

Dingo_ate_Babies

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 08:45 PM

sounds like your bitter about something.

#27 House

House

Fly Navy

• HUDDLER
  • 2,481 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 09:01 PM

sounds like your bitter about something.

I've got blue-balls.

#28 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• HUDDLER
  • 9,969 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 09:58 PM

I've blown so many student loads personally.

#29 Mesmer

Mesmer

Healthy Scratch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:02 PM

I've blown so many student loads personally.

rep

#30 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,423 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:04 PM

Yeah, so everyone just get your high school diploma. That'll be the key to your lifelong success!

If you want to get technical, that has worked for thousands of years. I think we need to go back to apprenticeship programs. Kinda like the Military,Police,Firemen dose. You sign up, you learn from someone thats been there, then you do that said job like you have been instructed. Most teachers have never done anything but teach. I much rather learn how to drive a car from someone who drives,then learn how from someone that has read how to drive a car. Basically this happens anyway when you get into the workplace.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.