• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#61 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,112 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 07:22 AM

I'm writing the cheques to App State so Ive got a pretty good idea of what it costs. With a dorm room, a parking pass, and the big meal plan my daughter would have to be in school for 9 years to hit 100k.

#62 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,336 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 11:40 AM

So part of the $23,000 a year goes into being able to hang out with a bunch of douche bags and get high and/or drunk all day? With the distinct hope of crushing some tail in the process?

I don't understand how some people think going to college is a negative thing. I wouldn't be able to pursue any job in my field (architecture) if I wasn't in college. Sure you can risk not going and experiencing success in a general business or the military, but it doesn't make college a pointless thing for "douchebags" as some would say. Is there something wrong with getting laid as much as possible in the prime of your life? Or having as much fun as you can while you are studying your ass off at an institution that will help you network, giving yourself connections that can benefit you at multiple levels, not just financially.

I first went to a college in the deep south, joined a frat, yet hated the education...so I worked my ass off and got into the number one program in the nation in my field at a different school. I got 4 job offers right now with the given economy, so don't tell me its bullsh*t. Your blinding yourself if you don't see the positives of the college experience.

#63 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,826 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 12 July 2010 - 11:43 AM

:D

I wouldn't trade college for nothing in the fuging world. It was a blast. The booze, drugs, girls, sex, better than being a rock star.

Well, if that is all that you got out of college, it certainly explains the lack of cognitive ability expressed in the majority of your posts.:ciappa:

Waiting for Claws to go look up Cognitive in the dictionary.......

#64 Claws

Claws

• HUDDLER
  • 4,100 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 12:41 PM

Well, if that is all that you got out of college, it certainly explains the lack of cognitive ability expressed in the majority of your posts.:ciappa:

Waiting for Claws to go look up Cognitive in the dictionary.......

The term cognition (Latin: cognoscere, "to know", "to conceptualize" or "to recognize") refers to a faculty for the processing of information, applying knowledge, and changing preferences. Cognition, or cognitive processes, can be natural or artificial, conscious or unconscious

:dita:

#65 88 Bronco

88 Bronco

• HUDDLER
  • 5,901 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 12:46 PM

Dictionary.com FTW

#66 The Saltman

The Saltman

I am always watching so make sure you keep your clothes on

• Moderators
  • 24,903 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 12:54 PM

no, Wikipedia.org FTW.

#67 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,988 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 12 July 2010 - 12:56 PM

allrecipes.com FTW

http://allrecipes.co...px?WithTerm=pie

#68 The Saltman

The Saltman

• Moderators
  • 24,903 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 12:58 PM

sorry im all out of pie today. :(

#69 Claws

Claws

• HUDDLER
  • 4,100 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 12:58 PM

no, wikipedia.org ftw.

boom bitches!!!

#70 The Saltman

The Saltman

• Moderators
  • 24,903 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 12:59 PM

:leaving:

#71 Claws

Claws

• HUDDLER
  • 4,100 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:33 PM

:leaving:

Stick around bro! That's a compliment!

#72 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,826 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 12 July 2010 - 04:05 PM

The term cognition (Latin: cognoscere, "to know", "to conceptualize" or "to recognize") refers to a faculty for the processing of information, applying knowledge, and changing preferences. Cognition, or cognitive processes, can be natural or artificial, conscious or unconscious

Well, we already knew that you knew how to use a search engine on the internet. Now we all know that you know how to copy and paste.

Good for you.....

#73 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,899 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 05:41 PM

My degree in English landed me a teaching job. Better than the restaurant industry which I worked for half the pay I make now and put up w/ a bunch of bullshyte from the public.

College paid off for me. If it's for you, go for it; if college (or collage) isn't your thing, then don't go.

I could never teach. I don't have the patience to teach. I do Major Account Sales in the Financial sector, which is totally unrelated to my degree. I do have the best vocabulary, though. :lol: That comes in handy when trying to sell an account...

#74 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,538 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 05:55 PM

I don't understand how some people think going to college is a negative thing. I wouldn't be able to pursue any job in my field (architecture) if I wasn't in college. Sure you can risk not going and experiencing success in a general business or the military, but it doesn't make college a pointless thing for "douchebags" as some would say. Is there something wrong with getting laid as much as possible in the prime of your life? Or having as much fun as you can while you are studying your ass off at an institution that will help you network, giving yourself connections that can benefit you at multiple levels, not just financially.

I first went to a college in the deep south, joined a frat, yet hated the education...so I worked my ass off and got into the number one program in the nation in my field at a different school. I got 4 job offers right now with the given economy, so don't tell me its bullsh*t. Your blinding yourself if you don't see the positives of the college experience.

Thats all well and good. But take a teacher for example. It doesnt make sense to go to a 4 years to college for a job that pays $32,000 a year. Doctors, lawyers and engineers I can understand. If a degree in a field doesnt start you off in the high $40,000 to me it doesnt make sense to go for 4 years. The requirements for degrees is what gets me. Should be straight learning for that degree without any other classes. You could get the education you need for that field in lesser time.

#75 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

• HUDDLER
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 06:43 PM

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com