#1 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,014 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 08:34 PM

And tonight further proved why

I hate L.A, but Kobe is like Zod to these dudes when you have to team up to win. Wow :eek:

#2 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 9,014 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 08:38 PM

What happened to competing? Competition. All star teams being built to win

In NFL, you cant predict a winner at the end of the year. Thats why I love the sport

#3 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• HUDDLER
  • 12,627 posts
  • LocationGATOR CREEK- SC

Posted 08 July 2010 - 08:38 PM

So Lebron will not play in Charlotte this year? I was hoping he would be a bobcat.

#4 Swarly

Swarly

MichaelJordanLaughing.gif

• HUDDLER
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 08:43 PM

lolz Miami won't win a single thing for years. team chemistry & a good bench > putting together a few superstars(2 of which have been losers for 6 years) with ridiculous egos and no bench.

Boston/Orlando will eliminate Heat if/when they play them in playoffs. If they somehow make it to the finals, LA/Thunder will put them away.

Though I will say this all depends on who Stern WANTS to win.

#5 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 7,048 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 08:56 PM

Thats what happens when you have a entire league on the shoulders of one guy.

#6 House

House

Fly Navy

• HUDDLER
  • 2,481 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 09:38 PM

Lebron James definetly is the front runner for the "Douche Bag of the Century Award" that they give out every decade.

I can not fathom how he could go on national tv and do that to a fan base that idolized him.

I wouldn't have cared if he would have just come out and said "I'm gonna play in Miami". To make this kind of spectical out of it though, just to break the hearts of people that only ever showed you good. That poo is low. Way low.

#7 pantherholic

pantherholic

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:09 PM

"Nfl > nba"

And the sky is blue.

#8 Carolina Crazy V2

Carolina Crazy V2

!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:19 PM

to me it's no question that the NFL is better for the fans. in the NBA, its about money n' bitches. In the NFL, it's about working to be the best and being a good teammate. One sounds like a little more fun though(in the player's eyes).

#9 DickolausJ

DickolausJ

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 03:12 AM

I don't get why everyone is so mad at LeBron, did anyone actually think he was going to stay in Cleveland?

And yea I lost heart in the NBA back in the days when the refs rigged playoff games so the bigger market team would advance and they always tried to make it a 7 game series.

Is the NBA draft still rigged? Its so ridiculous that the worst team just doesn't get the best draft pick.

#10 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,434 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 07:18 AM

Thats what happens when you have a entire league on the shoulders of one guy.

This, although I don't think we can blame the NBA. Its the media that hypes these guys all out of proportion. They try to do that in the NFL as well (Romo and the Cowboys) but it doesn't work as well.

#11 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 46,951 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 07:19 AM

so...the NFL is not about money? *whew* it's official, Football in 2011!!!! Posted Image

Edited by Jangler, 09 July 2010 - 07:23 AM.

#12 Wither

Wither

Relatively Unknown Poster

• HUDDLER
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 10:42 AM

This, although I don't think we can blame the NBA. Its the media that hypes these guys all out of proportion. They try to do that in the NFL as well (Romo and the Cowboys) but it doesn't work as well.

In the NBA there are less players, and great players can generally do everything on the court, they stand out easier, etc.

#13 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,113 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 10:48 AM

So Lebron will not play in Charlotte this year? I was hoping he would be a bobcat.

I was hoping he would join the Brooklyn Nets, thats a shame.

#14 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 11:50 AM

the NBA is a lost cause right now. the officiating is so incredibly wishy washy its unbelievable. i think the problem is the NBA is trying to desperately hold onto what they had in the 90's, which was a damn fine time for the NBA. so many contenders and so many all time greats. they NBA needs to lay off it's players, stop pushing people for stardom and just let the stars come to light in their own.

#15 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,434 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 12:10 PM

In the NBA there are less players, and great players can generally do everything on the court, they stand out easier, etc.

No doubt of that, but even considering that its true, the amount of hyperbole that one or two players receive is exceptional.

And the type or character of player is more important than the quality of the player. In the years when Duncan and company were winning championships, the NBA was supposedly down because Duncan wasn't flashy enough. But Lebron gets a lot more hype even though his teams have accomplished far less than Duncan's.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.