Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CarolinaPanthers8789

Searching for a point guard with what we have

57 posts in this topic

May be better than D.J. (Just Kidding) I hope D.J. turns out to be a suprise but I am not gonna be mad if he doesn't because I don't see it happening unless we play the New Orleans Hornets every not.

There was a game during the Ham Biscuit period in which we only had like 1 or 2 active guards for the game. Ham Biscuit played three centers at the same time- Oke, Hollins, and Nazr.

The Bobs almost won that game.

There was a game during the Ham Biscuit period in which we only had like 1 or 2 active guards for the game. Ham Biscuit played three centers at the same time- Oke, Hollins, and Nazr.

But thats one game were talking about going into a season.

Ah yes, here is that game:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=280112030

The Bobs didn't have a single active point guard for that game.

What would happen, and what kinda of mismatches could we create if we had Boris Diaw play the point forward. our lineup would look like this...

PG - Boris Diaw (DJ Augustine, Sharon Collins)

SG - Stephen Jackson (Gerald Henderson)

SF - Gerald Wallace (Derek Brown, McGuire)

PF - Tyrus Thomas

C - Tyson Chandler (Theo Ratliff, Nazr Muhammad, Diop)

We could use the host of Centers to back up Tyrus. This would utilize Diaw's strengths believe it or not, and be a cost effective way of resolving our PG position. Doubt this happens, but would be a cool lineup to try. Also, im dreaming a little so cut me some slack.

What would happen, and what kinda of mismatches could we create if we had Boris Diaw play the point forward. our lineup would look like this...

PF - Tyrus Thomas

We could use the host of Centers to back up Tyrus. This would utilize Diaw's strengths believe it or not, and be a cost effective way of resolving our PG position. Doubt this happens, but would be a cool lineup to try. Also, im dreaming a little so cut me some slack.

Ha, if you didn't grab a rebound, the other team would be off for the races.

You would have no choice but to play a healthy dose of zone defense. It might actually work for a game or two, but at some point teams would prepare for the zone defense and bust it.

Also, part of this game plan is acquiring Al Jefferson and playing him at the 2, so you will need to modify your depth chart some.

PF - Tyrus Thomas

I am 100% for that, then we could call him "3D" again. Also the year he played point guard (2005-2006) he had one of his best years in the NBA he averaged...

13.3 points per game

6.9 rebounds per game

6.2 assists per game

1.0 blocks per game

0.72 steals per game

That season Diaw also recorded 4 triple-double's (two which were back to back) and 15 double-double's.

Here are his season high's from that year...

Diaw's Season High's (05-06)

Points- 34

Rebounds- 13

Assists- 13

Blocks- 4

Steals- 3

This is what we need right here.

Ha, if you didn't grab a rebound, the other team would be off for the races.

You would have no choice but to play a healthy dose of zone defense. It might actually work for a game or two, but at some point teams would prepare for the zone defense and bust it.

Also, part of this game plan is acquiring Al Jefferson and playing him at the 2, so you will need to modify your depth chart some.

I actually like the idea. Boris had his best year in the NBA when he was playing point.

I think EC123 is actually:

0508sam.jpg

Haha he wishes.

But Sam Mitchell still sucks.

maybe im not so crazy, and with boris' length we might not HAVE to play as much zone...give larry the reigns with diaw and he might develop into something special.