Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Searching for a point guard with what we have

56 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Am I the only one that thinks Gilbert Arenas would be a good fit???

Yes. We haven't exactly tried to distance ourselves from potential problem players, but Arenas' baggage isn't far enough behind him to warrant taking a flyer. Not to mention his TWO bum knees and horrid contract. A trade for Arenas would set us back several years.

Posted · Report post

Am I the only one that thinks Gilbert Arenas would be a good fit???

Washington would have to take Diop and send cash considerations.

Posted · Report post

I suspect this has something to do with it.

good lord, that reminds me of the time that Cadillac Williams tore his ACL against the Panthers a few years back

makes me shiver

Posted · Report post

good lord, that reminds me of the time that Cadillac Williams tore his ACL against the Panthers a few years back

Yeah, when Harris blasted him. Ouch.

Posted · Report post

NOTE: This is not my idea, but I love it and want to share it with the Bobcats fanbase. You can find the original post here: http://www.rufusonfire.com/2010/7/9/1561851/my-plan-to-turn-the-bobcats-into

Bobcats get: Chris Paul - PG, Emeka Okafor - PF/C

Hornets get: Tyson Chandler - C, Nazr Mohammad - C, DJ Augustin - PG, future 1st round pick, two future 2nd round picks

Why it works: New Orleans gets around $20MM in expiring contracts, more money than they were getting in the rumored Portland-New Orleans deal, and they are able to shed Okafor's contract. This makes the team easier for George Shinn to sell. New Orleans also gets three future draft picks. Charlotte gets the kind of player that MJ would go over the luxury tax for in All-Star PG Chris Paul. While Okafor has a bad contract, he fills the hole we have at center. Given this situation, we could trade Diaw for a second round pick, given that we've filled our holes. That's akin to giving him away. Our roster would then look like:

PG: Paul

SG: Jackson/Henderson

SF: Wallace/Brown

PF: Thomas/McGuire

C: Okafor/Diop/Anjica

Fill the rest of the roster (a back-up for Paul, maybe a combo guard) out with guys willing to play for limited money. That's a team that can legitimately challenge the likes of the Celtics, Magic, and Heat.

Of course its probably a pipe dream, but isn't the offseason for dreaming?

Posted · Report post

while id love it, we'd have two BIG ASS contracts with Okafor and Diop

Posted · Report post

while id love it, we'd have two BIG ASS contracts with Okafor and Diop

And a much better team. Plus, its not like Okafor isn't a good player. While he's not the pure force that somebody like Dwight Howard is, Oak is a double-double machine. He gives us consistency, which is vastly underrated.

Posted · Report post

And a much better team. Plus, its not like Okafor isn't a good player. While he's not the pure force that somebody like Dwight Howard is, Oak is a double-double machine. He gives us consistency, which is vastly underrated.

very true, and thatd give us a pretty good defensive front in the Post with TNT and Oak

Posted · Report post

PG: Paul

SG: Jackson/Henderson

SF: Wallace/Brown

PF: Thomas/McGuire

C: Okafor/Diop/Anjica

Fill the rest of the roster (a back-up for Paul, maybe a combo guard) out with guys willing to play for limited money. That's a team that can legitimately challenge the likes of the Celtics, Magic, and Heat.

Of course its probably a pipe dream, but isn't the offseason for dreaming?

The offseason is definitely for dreaming. I doubt that would every fly, but who knows?

Also, Diop is a complete offensive liability, but he is actually a pretty decent defender. He can provide a few quality minutes when he needs to.

The Diop trade (which was all LB's doing) has to go down as the dumbest FO move this team has ever made.

Posted · Report post

Ok I have a new theory

First I want to update people on Dwayne Jones the power forward we acquired from Toronto through Phoenix.

Dwayne Jones Carrer Stats

1.3 points per game

0.1 assists per game

2.3 rebounds per game

0.4 blocks per game

0.1 steals per game

Dwayne Jones Season Best's

Points- 5

Assists- 0

Rebounds- 4

Blocks- 0

Steals- 0

Note: (All of these were actually in the same game)

Updated Depth Chart

Center

1. Tyson Chandler

2. Nazr Mohammed

3. DeSagana Diop

4. Alexis Ajinca

Power Forward

1. Tyrus Thomas

2. Dwayne Jones

Small Forward

1. Gerald Wallace

2. Derrick Brown

3. Dominic McGuire

Shooting Guard

1. Stephen Jackson

2. Gerald Henderson

Point Guard

1. D.J. Augustin

Now the roster looks like it has been getting worse but in reality we finally have enough money to pursue a free agent point guard. (Approximately $8,951,441 dollars)

Now with this much money we can finally make a splash. Which is why I think Luke Ridnour may be the next Charlotte Bobcat.

Posted · Report post

Just for fun, since we've dropped Diaw's contract and picked up a trade exception, I'm pretty sure the scenario I highlighted above still works out and there's one step on that plan that's already happened (clearing Diaw's money).

Posted · Report post

Just for fun, since we've dropped Diaw's contract and picked up a trade exception, I'm pretty sure the scenario I highlighted above still works out and there's one step on that plan that's already happened (clearing Diaw's money).

It feels good to have money doesn't it? Haha :party: