#31 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 11 July 2010 - 03:46 AM

stop calling people idiots too, because you're the only one on this board thats an idiot. and KT, but thats a different story

Keep up the personal attacks and you wont be posting here anymore. You've been warned.

#32 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,348 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 05:40 AM

Whats wong with adding Shaun Livingston? 24years old height: 6'7" wingspan: 6'11" free agent point guard. He averaged 15.5 points, 3.6 rebounds, and 6.3 assists in eight April games last season (rotoworld). 4th pick in the 2004 draft. He's full healed from his
devastating knee injury (which happened in a game aganist the bobcats in 2004). If anything he can backup DJ.

I suspect this has something to do with it.

#33 transitCATS

transitCATS

Panther-UNC-VT Supporter

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 10:53 AM

He's healed now. At very least he can split time with DJ.

#34 Jackson 5

Jackson 5

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 05:00 PM

T.J. Ford would be a nice option as long as we don't have to trade Henderson. Here's an off the wall idea, I hate unc and we finally got all of them off of the roster but check with Denver and see what the asking price would be for Ty Lawson.

#35 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,348 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 05:03 PM

T.J. Ford would be a nice option as long as we don't have to trade Henderson. Here's an off the wall idea, I hate unc and we finally got all of them off of the roster but check with Denver and see what the asking price would be for Ty Lawson.

Not available, though was available when Hendo was picked last year. The Bobs just had no idea that DJ was going to slip as much as he did last year and didn't feel like PG was an issue.

#36 WOOD

WOOD

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 07:25 PM

Am I the only one that thinks Gilbert Arenas would be a good fit???

#37 BF91

BF91

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 07:51 PM

Yes. We haven't exactly tried to distance ourselves from potential problem players, but Arenas' baggage isn't far enough behind him to warrant taking a flyer. Not to mention his TWO bum knees and horrid contract. A trade for Arenas would set us back several years.

#38 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,348 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 08:16 PM

Washington would have to take Diop and send cash considerations.

#39 pdandy1994

pdandy1994

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 09:53 PM

good lord, that reminds me of the time that Cadillac Williams tore his ACL against the Panthers a few years back

makes me shiver

#40 necroplasm

necroplasm

• HUDDLER
  • 2,092 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 11:16 PM

good lord, that reminds me of the time that Cadillac Williams tore his ACL against the Panthers a few years back

Yeah, when Harris blasted him. Ouch.

#41 BF91

BF91

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 11:19 PM

NOTE: This is not my idea, but I love it and want to share it with the Bobcats fanbase. You can find the original post here: http://www.rufusonfi...he-bobcats-into

Bobcats get: Chris Paul - PG, Emeka Okafor - PF/C

Hornets get: Tyson Chandler - C, Nazr Mohammad - C, DJ Augustin - PG, future 1st round pick, two future 2nd round picks

Why it works: New Orleans gets around $20MM in expiring contracts, more money than they were getting in the rumored Portland-New Orleans deal, and they are able to shed Okafor's contract. This makes the team easier for George Shinn to sell. New Orleans also gets three future draft picks. Charlotte gets the kind of player that MJ would go over the luxury tax for in All-Star PG Chris Paul. While Okafor has a bad contract, he fills the hole we have at center. Given this situation, we could trade Diaw for a second round pick, given that we've filled our holes. That's akin to giving him away. Our roster would then look like:

PG: Paul
SG: Jackson/Henderson
SF: Wallace/Brown
PF: Thomas/McGuire
C: Okafor/Diop/Anjica

Fill the rest of the roster (a back-up for Paul, maybe a combo guard) out with guys willing to play for limited money. That's a team that can legitimately challenge the likes of the Celtics, Magic, and Heat.

Of course its probably a pipe dream, but isn't the offseason for dreaming?

#42 pdandy1994

pdandy1994

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 11:26 PM

while id love it, we'd have two BIG ASS contracts with Okafor and Diop

#43 BF91

BF91

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 11:30 PM

while id love it, we'd have two BIG ASS contracts with Okafor and Diop

And a much better team. Plus, its not like Okafor isn't a good player. While he's not the pure force that somebody like Dwight Howard is, Oak is a double-double machine. He gives us consistency, which is vastly underrated.

#44 pdandy1994

pdandy1994

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 11:32 PM

And a much better team. Plus, its not like Okafor isn't a good player. While he's not the pure force that somebody like Dwight Howard is, Oak is a double-double machine. He gives us consistency, which is vastly underrated.

very true, and thatd give us a pretty good defensive front in the Post with TNT and Oak

#45 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,348 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 06:09 AM

PG: Paul
SG: Jackson/Henderson
SF: Wallace/Brown
PF: Thomas/McGuire
C: Okafor/Diop/Anjica

Fill the rest of the roster (a back-up for Paul, maybe a combo guard) out with guys willing to play for limited money. That's a team that can legitimately challenge the likes of the Celtics, Magic, and Heat.

Of course its probably a pipe dream, but isn't the offseason for dreaming?

The offseason is definitely for dreaming. I doubt that would every fly, but who knows?

Also, Diop is a complete offensive liability, but he is actually a pretty decent defender. He can provide a few quality minutes when he needs to.

The Diop trade (which was all LB's doing) has to go down as the dumbest FO move this team has ever made.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users